WRC 2019 Thread

one thing I noticed on Toyota, the Microsoft logo on the back is gone. I’m sure it’s probably nothing, but it still seems a little odd that it’s just disappeared and left a blank white patch, yet it’s still down the side. Maybe Microsoft only sponsored the sides this year
It's still there. They just moved it down to right above the exhaust

2018 Fiesta livery revealed...

...still my fave of the latest generation cars! 

Well now that we've heard a bit more about WRC+ coverage, it sure sounds quite awesome. If they can deliver what they promise it'll be an amazing year for rally fans :-)

If they can... I'm a bit worried they might just stream the service pack camera or something.

If someone tries it please let us know how it works :)

Too bad it's a different package than the previous one. Will the "starter" be lacking even more footage and onboards?

versedi said:
If they can... I'm a bit worried they might just stream the service pack camera or something.

If someone tries it please let us know how it works :)

Too bad it's a different package than the previous one. Will the "starter" be lacking even more footage and onboards?
According to the article, the starter package remains the same WRC+ coverage as before. The upgrade to All Live just adds more. 

I guess that’s why there was no sale on WRC+ this year (there wasn’t, was there? I didn’t miss an email?). 

I'll upgrade as soon as possible, so I can review a bit after Monte.

Confirmed from M-Sport:
http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-news/fiesta-rs-wrc/m-sport-confirm-suninen-for-eight-rounds-in-ford-fiesta-wrc

Eight rounds for Suninen, niiiice!

M-Sport was my favorite team last year. Now that they have support from Ford, M-Sport is defiantly my favorite team this year. I have always liked the Ford cars so the Fiesta is still in my eyes the best looking WRC car as of now.

Japan working to get a 2019 rally :-D And with stages around Mt Fuji... Me likey!

Dytut said:
Japan working to get a 2019 rally :-D And with stages around Mt Fuji... Me likey!
That would be awesome.

Dytut said:
Holy Rally! That sounds awesome! Rally Japan would be so so so awesome!

Free month trial of WRC+ All Live

https://www.reddit.com/r/rally/comments/7rhq51/all_livefinally_live_free_month_with_wrc18asi/

Need to be done on an account that doesnt have any package activated yet (had to create second account since I've got the basic on my normal already).

versedi said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rally/comments/7rhq51/all_livefinally_live_free_month_with_wrc18asi/

Need to be done on an account that doesnt have any package activated yet (had to create second account since I've got the basic on my normal already).

Can you purchase the package if you live in the U.S.

versedi said:

Can you purchase the package if you live in the U.S.
It's sold worldwide so I would assume so. If no you can always use a VPN and use PayPal

I logged into WRC+ to watch the preview show, and saw this:

Sure, I'll take All Live for €30! But before I could even confirm payment, I got two e-mails from PayPal telling me I had been charged €50 and €30. This is 8 hours before my current sub is supposed to renew.

So now I'm waiting to hear back from WRC, and am currently out way more than I ever wanted to spend on WRC+.

dwkGravey said:

Sure, I'll take All Live for €30! But before I could even confirm payment, I got two e-mails from PayPal telling me I had been charged €50 and €30. This is 8 hours before my current sub is supposed to renew.

So now I'm waiting to hear back from WRC, and am currently out way more than I ever wanted to spend on WRC+.
That's the upgrade offer from regular WRC+. It's a bit sloppy.

Dytut said:
dwkGravey said:

That's the upgrade offer from regular WRC+. It's a bit sloppy.
I thought it could have meant that, but if so it would have been communicated so poorly that there's no way that's what it actually meant.

In any case, I was still charged before I could confirm—or even see—the total amount I was being asked to pay, so we'll see how they respond.

I am really happy we will get to see Loeb again in WRC, I just hope Daniel Elena will get well soon after that Dakar thing.

I have a soft spot for Toyota, I will be watching Tanak closely, he is a great driver and if he starts to aim for championship tittle he can do great result at the end of the season (if he wasn't so desperate to get that single rally win he would be much higher up the standings).

That being said I don't have any team I won't cheer for, I just hope next season will be at least as exciting as last one (the best season in history perhaps IMHO).

If you don't go in and disable it, your account auto renews - which is terrible, i never signed up to have auto payment on subscription, but that's what happened last January to me.
Contacting them, took a week to reply and couldn't/wouldn't stop my sub.

One could also hope that they have done something about the horrible picture quality. To call their streams HD is a slap in the face.

I wish we could choose to ride along the cars in real time. That would be epic! 

So you only get 2 live stages on the basic package?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Scgwcg-7E7FhZdAnlX4_qmFfMb9bX8UJ

Basic package is the same as last year's standard WRC+ package, yes. 

Dytut said:

Can you replay the other stages. 2 stages is a lot to pay for.

Dytut said:

Can you replay the other stages. 2 stages is a lot to pay for.
Noty quite following here. On the basic package you can watch all onboards, but I don't think you will have access to the live stream (or replay) for all stages since that's the selling point of all live. The basic package will be pretty much exactly the same as the old WRC+.