WRC 2019 Thread

So I get an email that I can upgrade my WRC+ account but get an error message and that I should do it from the official app. So I log on there but find nothing about upgrading at all.

Funny thing is that I've had trouble with the WRC subscriptions before. I do have access to eveything at the moment, but I'm not even sure I actually pay anything for it, I never see any cash being drawn.

I went to see about upgrading my account to all live, I was a bit hesitant as they haven’t been overly clear about what we will get in the package. I literally pressed one button, expecting to be taken to a payment page, but instead I got ‘congratulations, you have upgraded!’ Took me by surprise a little bit, but apparently I now have all live! Looking forward to seeing how it works this weekend

My prediction:
1. (i hope) Latvala takse the title and retires
2. (i hope) Hyundai takes title
3. Ogier retires after 2018
4. Citroen will skip 2019 to prepare 2020 car, this time Loeb leading the development.

If I'm to be quite honest, I think Ogier will take the title once again this year. It's going to be close, but noone can quite touch him when it comes to being fast _and_ consistent. 
Top contestant is Neuville, but the question is if he can find that sweet spot for consistency. I keep feeling that he either goes for the win or he slows down to much and ends up 4-5 when aiming to just finish. 
Latvala might be lurking depending on if the Yaris will be reliable enough. LAst season he would've been a real contender if the car hadn't failed him.

Do think Hyundai will take the manufacturers, their lineup looks good.

I think overall M-Sport will still be the strongest team. Toyota will defiantly have a chance for the Drivers championship.

I went to see about upgrading my account to all live, I was a bit hesitant as they haven’t been overly clear about what we will get in the package. I literally pressed one button, expecting to be taken to a payment page, but instead I got ‘congratulations, you have upgraded!’ Took me by surprise a little bit, but apparently I now have all live! Looking forward to seeing how it works this weekend
Pretty much what happened to me: no confirmation or chance to cancel, just straight to being charged.

Last year I couldn't get WRC to take my money as the "pay now" button wouldn't work. This year they took my money without so much as a by your leave. WRC+: great content, iffy website.

Honestly, I think they're a shisty company, non of their systems work that well, I've had all the above and then some between their website and the app.

I heard Ogier drinks a lot before a race, it gives him that laid back, consistent edge. :open_mouth:

gfRally said:
I heard Ogier drinks a lot before a race, it gives him that laid back, consistent edge. :open_mouth:
I get the same way after a few beers  :#

So the "free" trial at WRC+ is really not a trial, if I understand correctly it will just continue after your 7 days are over? The info is pretty bad

If you use the code WRC18ASI When selecting 1 month of All Live the price will change to 0,00

You have to cancel your subscription in less than 30 days to not pay for another month.

Not too much too go on from the shakedown times. The Hyundais all look to be on form, but all drivers and cars would appear to work well. Bouffier is on the low end, but that's to be expected. Good to see Ott keeping pace :-) Lappi seems to be slightly off pace, hope it's just a setup issue.

Dytut said:
I think he was in a traffic accident.   
Oh really? They didn’t seem to be saying much about it other than a ‘small accident’

Dytut said:
I think he was in a traffic accident.   
Oh really? They didn’t seem to be saying much about it other than a ‘small accident’
Can't remember where I heard it, I might be mistaken. 

I don't get this whole WRC All Live thing. I went to the WRC+ site to check the prices and it says that I have a 5€ discount, which I found very attractive, because I'm currently paying 4,99€ monthly for basic package. But as I went on to pay, at the bottom of the page, with a very small letters it said, that from February, I will be paying 8,99€ and the first month is for free. So if I am paying 8,99, what is the point of this discount? Or maybe it's just a bug?  I have no idea 
P.S apologizes for my "not always perfect" English 

The WRC+ site really isn't the most straight forward. If you sign up now you'll get the first month for free, but if you have a 5€ discount... I don't know, and apparently they don't either ;-) 
Ask them on twitter or facebook is my advice. You'll get the free month on a new account either way :-)

Gonna be interesting to see how well WRC All live works tonight, and what cameras and stuff they'll be using. Some technical and editorial hickups are to be expected, but I'm a bit giddy at being able to follow the rally all day tomorrow :-D

Haven't heard back from WRC or PayPal since my last messages, so guess I'll be checking out what All Live is like for the next couple of days at least. Starting in 25 minutes...

No cameras in the stage? Not an auspicious start... :|

Edit: An onboard finally! No helicopter because of low cloud.

Live feeds and replays of mistakes... yeah, I like this! Ogier spun on the ice, no danger but lost about 10 seconds or so.