WRC 2019 Thread

Neuville off already! :(

That icy hairpin is bound to catch someone out, nearly got Ogier and Tanak 

The coverage doesn’t seem too bad so far, just need more coverage of the actual stage!

Well then... Neuville is off, no replay on what happened. Looks like he wedged his car on a ditch edge at an icy section. Ott was quite close to going off in the same corner that Ogier spun in.

Don't think Ogiers split times are correct, but seems to be Latvala and Breen who are setting the pace.

No stage side cams? No splits during stage? Choppy onboards.

Hopefully more cameras out on the stage when it's daylight.

Btw, why not just look at Neuvilles onboard and show the off?

WRC+ is not kind to my slow internet :( keep loosing it. I don’t know why, my internet is about 10mbps, I can watch Netflix and play games online no problems most of the time

No stage side cams is a bit of a letdown but to be expected, needs a lot of personel and editing. Choppy onboards aren't that surprising either, they have to transmit wireless in a rallycar, in a mountain over a 30km stretch of road. Not the easiest ;-)

But I've no idea why they don't talk about the splits, they usually do that on WRC radio. 

Think it'll take a rally or two before they hit the sweet spot in the production, but I think they're on the right path :-)

So Ogier with a hefty lead even after a spin. Insane man :-)

Lappi seems to be up to speed, that's good to see again :-D

Usually the Helicopter is kind of the hotspot that the cameras and all talk to, that not flying is maybe the reason for the problems. Didn't really expect this to go perfect at the start, I'm sure it'll improve over the weekend.

Alright, Neuville seems back at it full 2017 season... damn. Losing 4 mins in the first stage is something hardly beatable if your name isn't Kris Meeke

I don't really get this bashing on Neuville?
A lot of drivers made mistakes but no one talks about that? Neuville was just the most unlucky one.
And to say he's back in his 2017 rhythm, he ended 2nd overall so what's so bad about that?
And tbh, 3 minutes means nothing in Monte, anything can happen there

What’s so bad about second overall is that the championship was his to lose in 2017. Ask Neuville what’s so bad about being runner-up.  :p  

Yeah it’s early days in Monte, but still, not the way you want to see Neuville start after last season. 

sqdstr said:
I don't really get this bashing on Neuville?
A lot of drivers made mistakes but no one talks about that? Neuville was just the most unlucky one.
And to say he's back in his 2017 rhythm, he ended 2nd overall so what's so bad about that?
And tbh, 3 minutes means nothing in Monte, anything can happen there
Yeah, a lot of luck is involved with Monte. How many drivers had problems last night? Both Ogier and Tanak were incredibly lucky not to leave the road last night. And last year, Ogier and Evans both spun on the exact same corner in the exact same place. Ogier lost 30 secs, Evans lost a few minutes. Sometimes you can make a big mistake and get away with it, sometimes you make a small mistake and it’s the end of your rally. It was a silly mistake from Neuville, but he was by far not the only one to make one, just had the worst punishment!

I love All Live, that eavesdropping when Ott gave feedback to his engineers and also this morning interviews in team areas :smile:
 They still need to polish production a bit, but there's sooooo much potential in this, totally worth the money. 

Well now, Tänak taking a stage win. Knew he would be fast, but didn't think he'd be challenging for stage wins this early.

Dytut said:
Well now, Tänak taking a stage win. Knew he would be fast, but didn't think he'd be challenging for stage wins this early.
Completely agree. Still think its a shame he isn't in a Fiesta this year, but I hope he does well in the Yaris!

Had a cheeky look this morning whilst I was at work, looked a lot better than last night’s stage 2, with a lot more actual live onboards and such. But I imagine it will take a little while before they get everything nailed down with something as complicated as this