Jump to content Jump to content

No drivers on mirrors and low mirrors fps

FrankAlexandre

Does anyone know if it is possible to solve this 2 problems? My game is with everything on high or ultra but the cars on my mirrors have no drivers on it and the mirrors run at lower frame rate, very stuttering. There are some mirrors values on the config.xml but i dont know the values to change. Thanks.
mirrorsUpdateMode="alternate" mirrorsRenderMode="carsAndCharacters"

• Codemasters Staff
I think the lack of a driver in the mirrors is a bug.

As a performance improvement only one wing mirror updates each frame. I'm not sure if there is a way to make them always update, I'll find out.

Edit: Change the line to mirrorsUpdateMode="both"

Lozzy said:
I think the lack of a driver in the mirrors is a bug.

As a performance improvement only one wing mirror updates each frame. I'm not sure if there is a way to make them always update, I'll find out.

Edit: Change the line to mirrorsUpdateMode="both"

Thank you, what a difference. No fps lost for me. Why was this hidden, it must be public and set as default. Only hope for a fix for hidden driver head on mirrors now.

• Codemasters Staff
Primarily this optimisation was made for consoles. PC has just not had the option added to the menu to change it. I'll put a bug on about that for the next game, for this one you'll have to use the file I'm afraid.

Lozzy said:
Primarily this optimisation was made for consoles. PC has just not had the option added to the menu to change it. I'll put a bug on about that for the next game, for this one you'll have to use the file I'm afraid.

Thanks. It seens the option "both" can also be used to improve the reflections frequency. Nice.
envMapUpdateMode="alternate"

Archived