Sign in to follow this  

*Least* Favourite Rally Location?

Genuinely can't pick here, they're all really good. If I had to, whichever I chose would be the best of a bad bunch; probably Finland for the airtime issues, but that's nothing to do with the actual stages which are every bit as superb as the others.

While I do love all of them, I'd say monte is the one I like the least. I can be decently fast there but I very seldom get into a good flow on it. And if I ever get into a good flow on the tarmac I lose it again on the snow/ice, and vice versa.

Pretty much a split between greece and monte.
i picked greece because it's always a "just survive" event for me.
monte i usually do pretty good, but often times i fall over snowbanks and get terminal damage.

Greece
Its maybe that I haven't invested time in suspension setup, but I would liken certain stages in Greece to driving through a mine-field.  You don't know where or when, but you're gonna end up on your roof!! lol

I don't dislike Monte, but I find it hard to be fast and precise, its not a driving style that I enjoy and dash-cam leaves it quite difficult to judge also!

I love the look of the Monte rally, but sometimes I just can't stomach doing that event (depends on the car). 

Besides my love for Wales, which should be a love shared by everybody, it would seem as though I hold the unpopular opinion that Greece is pretty great. It's a mixture of high-speed control and tight technical sections, with a literal rough edge all over, just how I like it! 

Greece

I just always seem to struggle on this rally. I think it might be because I can't get a decent suspension setup but probably also because it's a tough event.

I couldn't really pick. If I had too, monte, but I still love the feeling of going fast through the twisty roads, and nailing the snow sections!

Always having a difficult time in greece because of the narrow track, and on one side of the track there's a cliff, and on the other side there's sharp rocks which will send you spinning if you make contact with them, so it's difficult to find the balance between pushing hard for the fastest time, and keeping your car in one piece.

Monte carlo takes second place, especially the stages which are half tarmac half ice, because the difference in surface requires such a drastic switch in driving style. 
Both locations do give me great pleasure though, because finally being able to master them and come in 1st gives more of a thrill when you really need to fight for it.

don't like driving in Finland, I'm better on slower stages. moreover I've got constant issue with setting the car up. 

Monte, though it's a bit of a throwback to half a year of the v1 physics.
It's a lot more fun with v2.

I love all of them, but I have some mixed feelings with Finland. If you don't know the stage you'll crash for sure, whatever the co-driver says.

to be honest, I don't have a location which I dislike, I like a challenge when it comes to rally stages, every location offers something different, so I'd say I don't have one. Not a fan of night stages in Greece, but purely because I can't see anything if I manage to smash my headlights (which I often do).

But no, not a location which I dislike :smile: 

Yea don't dislike any of them. Tarmac isn't as good as it could be but the stages themselves are still awesome.

oh, i put a wrong vote, would like to say german cause there's no enough challenge for me, easy bot and easy track with no nice background.
I vote Monte Carlo, but it's my favourite ... :/

Greece is actually my 2nd favourite location after Wales. I hated it first because it can be a proper arsehole, but the more I drove it, the more I liked it. Today I love it. Once I'm in the flow and bomb it, it's exhilarating. 

I picked Finland for several reasons. It clearly has its own fascination, but the v2 flying physics break it for me. A more true-to-life flight behaviour, like in real or RBR, would make this much better. This actually was better with v1 physics.

The second thing is that I like to go very sideways, so naturally Wales, Greece, and snowy Monte are my best friends. Finland is too straight for my liking. That's also the reason why I'm not a great fan of Germany.

But what I like least about it is the monotony. I want variety in my tracks, and Finland is just 20km of the same bends and crests and jumps. Maybe it's my attention span, but I'm always getting bored even though it's challenging. The highlights are two or three square turns, but that's it. Germany at least has some variety, that's the one reason why I prefer it to Finland.

Crap..wrong vote... i vote greece... it's a mistake. It's my favourite country.
I hate monte carlo it's undrivable, graphic is poor, environement not nice..

My least favorite is probably Monte. The asphalt partts ar ok, but I'm not really a fan of the icy bits, atleast not with RWD's. With AWD's you can atleast yank the handbrake and slide through those tight icy turns.
My favorite so far I think is Finland, atleast it's the most fun, if not a bit frustrating at places :D