Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team meeting 18/11/2015 - Patch Update & More!

As some of you may or may not know, every two weeks on a Wednesday we have a team meeting in Birmingham. You may have seen @Dnote posting some stuff from these meetings in the past. Because I know you want to know what’s going on, I want to continue this on.

So, without further ado, here’s a little rundown of what came out of today’s meeting:

Patches

I promised you yesterday I’d get you an update on patches. So, we’re aiming to get the PS4 patch released and out to you guys before the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (so that’s before the end of next week).  It’s quite a big patch, and contains everything we can bring over from last week’s PC patch, but also has a few other things as well, including (but not limited to!):

·         Updated liveries

·         An updated penalty system (strict corner cutting rules)

The Xbox One patch is also being worked on, and  should arrive before Christmas. I’ll be able to give you more information on this a little bit later on.

F1 2016

We spoke briefly about F1 2016 and about how we want to get you involved in our blog post last week. (Not read it yet? Head over here!) We’ve been working out how best to involve you guys in F1 2016, and we’ve been talking about the specifics.  You’ll be hearing more information about this in the coming weeks!

As always, any questions, thoughts or comments, let me know and I’ll try to answer as many as I can!

I'm an Xbox one player, so you guys treat us like second class customers. You can't do this, I paid 70 Euros and I was not aware, that my version would be left behind. You keep ignoring my questions in several topics, you need to make this right.

@Hubbadee It should be before Christmas... you were quite happy about that idea in another thread :smile: 

We'd like to have the Xbox One patch sooner, but we're trying to get it out as soon as is humanely possible. With regards to hoppers, it's something that everyone's aware of and trying to do something about, but it's a very platform specific restriction that limits options somewhat.

@PauloRic - just updated my post, but it's the strict corner cutting rules. 
The system will look closely at corner cutting and has a lower level of tolerance ensuring you're not given the benefit of the doubt in corner cutting instances. (Obviously, as a result Disqualifications will be easier to obtain!)

jennyannem said:
@Hubbadee It should be before Christmas... you were quite happy about that idea in another thread :smile: 
We'd like to have the Xbox One patch sooner, but we're trying to get it out as soon as is humanely possible. With regards to hoppers, it's something that everyone's aware of and trying to do something about, but it's a very platform specific restriction that limits options somewhat.
Didn't he mean in terms of an EARLY Christmas present if we got it in the next week or two maybe? Rather than a 5 month late "closer to completion than its ever going to be" video game.

Everything else is BS.

"We'd like to have the Xbox One patch sooner..." 
Really? Do something about it then. Oh but that costs money, and that money is different somehow from the money you took off us all for the game...

"
we're trying to get it out as soon as is humanely possible."
What? Sorry, does the game need an 'animals have not been harmed in the making of this video game" sticker or something? Is updating the game inhumane somehow? Some poor coder expected to handle 2015's mess himself? 
You're really not trying that hard. This is like listening to Hoddle doing the footbal. All Hyperbole and what you think we want to hear.

"it's a very platform specific restriction that limits options somewhat."
If SMS were able to implement it, can't you guys find out how? Rather than this, for want of a better word, Lazy, response? Or do you mean your game is a specifically restricted platform, or some other combination of words?

Please note my anger here is at the game and the Publisher taking payment for a partially finished product. That won't be possible next year with the new laws in UK so - looks like the government will be more responsible for a finished product next year than Codemasters...have a nice day @jennyannem 

@PauloRic - just updated my post, but it's the strict corner cutting rules. The system will look closely at corner cutting and has a lower level of tolerance ensuring you're not given the benefit of the doubt in corner cutting instances. (Obviously, as a result Disqualifications will be easier to obtain!)

So if the Xbox one patch doesn't fix the multiplayer then league racing will die. Take this very seriously @jennyannem 

@ Fractured Thank you for that post. After the information that Xbox one won't get public custom lobbies, I lost my patience, which is no surprise after 4 months. Make this right Codemasters, it's your fault.

Which cars will have the updated liveries? Manor and who? 
There are updates to Mercedes, Lotus, Marussia, Williams, Ferrari, McLaren and Force India. The updates are liveries and in some cases nose sections too.

@PauloRic - just updated my post, but it's the strict corner cutting rules. The system will look closely at corner cutting and has a lower level of tolerance ensuring you're not given the benefit of the doubt in corner cutting instances. (Obviously, as a result Disqualifications will be easier to obtain!)

Thanks for the clarification, I just wonder if this strict rules will prevent players from attack the corners like real F1, it will be nice if we can be informed which is exactly the track or corner limits and if it is really based on real F1 rules.

I experienced some corners which are very friendly which is wrong and others like the first S of Mexican circuit where we cannot even touch the kerbs.

Regards

@jennyannem That's good to hear for PS4 users! Will the 'strict rules' also give time penalties for corner cutting, instead of the almost endless warnings without consequence like it it is now? 

You need to keep at least two wheels within the white lines marking the edge of the track to be considered not to be exceeding track limits.

Warnings do count up and will eventually get you disqualified, it's possible to get a black flag via just warnings, I've done it myself with the new rules.

Lozzy said:
Which cars will have the updated liveries? Manor and who? 
There are updates to Mercedes, Lotus, Marussia, Williams, Ferrari, McLaren and Force India. The updates are liveries and in some cases nose sections too.
Can you say what drivers ai have been updated?? 

Nice get some good news on ps4 but have to giggle at Xbox 1 users being treated like a 3 world console guess they think twice next time when choosing between ps an Xbox on serious note thou if you can't implament a fix on all 3 console it shouldn't  be allowed on any just my opinion! 

Legion21 said:
@jennyannem why does the Xbox One always get patches later?
You will get the following response: "Platform specific problems, that need testing etc." Note: This is no reason, just an excuse especially when they talk about resources. Reality: You are a second class customer.

·         An updated penalty system (strict corner cutting rules)

@jennyannem @Lozzy 
How about collision penalties? 
Are we getting the option to set collision/corner cutting penalties to full/reduced/off like in previous games? I'm sure you guys are working to get penalties working properly but I still think it would be great to have those options back in the game.

Legion21 said:
@jennyannem why does the Xbox One always get patches later?
Xbox's own internal testing usually means that, for example, a patch released simultaneously to Microsoft and Sony - Xbox patch will be available usually the week after PS4 have had their patch. Occasionally it can be quicker or slower than that but usually around the week mark. I have seen patches released simultaneously also, I think there is money involved there in holding up a patch until all systems are ready to make it live, or accelerating the $lowe$t through the testing process fa$ter. Who knows. With this it seems they have done the PC patch, will move onto PS4 and then finally Xbox hopefully sometime in December. Thats my own opinion though as useful information is hard to get be that because of Bernie or Codemasters themselves.

Nice get some good news on ps4 but have to giggle at Xbox 1 users being treated like a 3 world console guess they think twice next time when choosing between ps an Xbox on serious note thou if you can't implament a fix on all 3 console it shouldn't  be allowed on any just my opinion! 
This is what I'm talking about, big thanks for that speedqueen! Spot on with that comment, we really feel left behind. :-(

@jennyannem yeah I suppose I was kinda happy to hear some news about it being before Christmas but as @FRACTURED said this is months too late. Surely the company should be working harder meeting every wk even twice a wk to review progress,we're now 1 race left in the season and received how many season updates? The community has continously updated these forums with repeated issues with the games across all platforms yet the same problems keep occurring....and we're now supposed to support u in the making of f1 2016,how about showing us some support (not directed at u at all) do u see this whole saga as acceptable,I honestly think there should be a major incentive for us to even consider buying f1 2016 like trade in 2015 and get the new game for next to nothing. 

Overall what's stopping u from rolling out lobby stability boosts,patching quickly what's being repeated in the forums rather than how big the patch is gonna be like we r supposed to be impressed. 

I'm really sorry for my rant jen. U can imagine our frustration