Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team meeting 18/11/2015 - Patch Update & More!

Nice get some good news on ps4 but have to giggle at Xbox 1 users being treated like a 3 world console guess they think twice next time when choosing between ps an Xbox on serious note thou if you can't implament a fix on all 3 console it shouldn't  be allowed on any just my opinion! 
This is what I'm talking about, big thanks for that speedqueen! Spot on with that comment, we really feel left behind. :-(
Come on now - if CM came out and said "we can't fix this on PS4 (or PC), so we're not fixing it anywhere" you'd all be furious.

@HelmetSquad as I said m8 if you can't implement the fix on all 3 it shouldn't be any! would you give 2 of your a children a bar of chocolate and leave the 3 rd without 

Nice get some good news on ps4 but have to giggle at Xbox 1 users being treated like a 3 world console guess they think twice next time when choosing between ps an Xbox on serious note thou if you can't implament a fix on all 3 console it shouldn't  be allowed on any just my opinion! 
This is what I'm talking about, big thanks for that speedqueen! Spot on with that comment, we really feel left behind. :-(
Come on now - if CM came out and said "we can't fix this on PS4 (or PC), so we're not fixing it anywhere" you'd all be furious.

I'm already furious but I keep it calm and polite. Your example makes no sense. It's fair to expect an equal treatment of all platforms, read my previous comments and you will understand the whole situation. Thanks everyone for your support.

FRACTURED said:
Legion21 said:
@jennyannem why does the Xbox One always get patches later?
Xbox's own internal testing usually means that, for example, a patch released simultaneously to Microsoft and Sony - Xbox patch will be available usually the week after PS4 have had their patch. Occasionally it can be quicker or slower than that but usually around the week mark. I have seen patches released simultaneously also, I think there is money involved there in holding up a patch until all systems are ready to make it live, or accelerating the $lowe$t through the testing process fa$ter. Who knows. With this it seems they have done the PC patch, will move onto PS4 and then finally Xbox hopefully sometime in December. Thats my own opinion though as useful information is hard to get be that because of Bernie or Codemasters themselves.
But we're talking a whole month here and not only that the PS4 has received more patches than the Xbox One in total.

I generally feel money been wasted on a social media manager which could of been used for the server that Xbox needs Codemasters are slowly drafting away and with gt7 and assestto corsa due in 2016 I think there sale are going struggle because let's be honest how many of us are going to jump into buying f12016 after the buggy mess of this game I personally can't wait for assetto corsa 

@speedqueen119 - I get it - I just think it's a little close-minded. You would seriously be OK with it if the shoe was on the other foot?

Also, your analogy dismisses the point that there is "a reason" why 1 of the kids can't have a chocolate bar.

Your issue is that because the reason Child #3 can't have a chocolate bar is unacceptable, the other 2 shouldn't get one either. So you'd rather punish Child #1 and #2 to appease/not upset Child #3

So CM can piss off 3/3 of the community or 1/3 of the community...

@speedqueen119 - I get it - I just think it's a little close-minded. You would seriously be OK with it if the shoe was on the other foot?

Also, your analogy dismisses the point that there is "a reason" why 1 of the kids can't have a chocolate bar.

Your issue is that because the reason Child #3 can't have a chocolate bar is unacceptable, the other 2 shouldn't get one either. So you'd rather punish Child #1 and #2 to appease/not upset Child #3

Jesus reading that back gives me a headache. What are we talking about again?

The reason is Codemasters, it's not a problem with Xbox or anything. Maybe it requires more work, but we are only in this situation because of Codemasters and their mistakes and wasted resources. Again please read my previous comments, so you can understand the whole situation.

I'm actually a ps4 user just feel Xbox users are being treated like a 3 world console due to Codemasters holding back funds which they quite happily took off them and have wasted it on a social media manager seems they brought in @jennyannem to make tea total waste of money when it should have been invested in man power to fix the issues of f12015 

OK, maybe I missed something, but the specific item they can't/won't introduce to Xbox is actually an additional feature and not a "fix" for a launch-day issue, right? Or am I mistaken?

Not trying to be argumentative - but sometimes battles have to be chosen - they made a decision to save development bandwidth by not doing X feature on Y platform to do A B C D.... on X Y and Z platforms.

Perhaps the feature is a bigger deal to some players than it is to me and I just don't give enough ****s.

How come Helmet gets to curse and all I get is ****

It fixes the hopper lobbies which were a known day 1 issue...

But there is more to it than just that.

I'm actually a ps4 user just feel Xbox users are being treated like a 3 world console due to Codemasters holding back funds which they quite happily took off them and have wasted it on a social media manager seems they brought in @jennyannem to make tea total waste of money when it should have been invested in man power to fix the issues of f12015 
I love you too, @speedqueen119  <3

Lozzy said:
Which cars will have the updated liveries? Manor and who? 
There are updates to Mercedes, Lotus, Marussia, Williams, Ferrari, McLaren and Force India. The updates are liveries and in some cases nose sections too.
Any idea when the car updates will be released? 

Oh, if you edit your post then save it again, it doesn't censor you. Heh; another bug. :)

Please don't ban me. It's for science.

Weird, I noticed it censored again, so I edited again and saved, uncensored, reload page, censored. Yet my earlier post containing profanity is still uncensored... TF?

for the collisions penalties, can you do a system that penalize only the player who hits another player suddenly by changing direction ?
and players who remain calmly on their way would not be penalized.

Haha I'm only saying what people are thinking it's not your fault but in my opinion a total waste of resources and a waste of funds @jennyannem but hi ho the ps4 patch is coming which is really good news 

Lozzy said:
Which cars will have the updated liveries? Manor and who? 
There are updates to Mercedes, Lotus, Marussia, Williams, Ferrari, McLaren and Force India. The updates are liveries and in some cases nose sections too.
great. but... the season is bascially finished... you're a bit late on this!

...We’ve been working out how best to involve you guys in F1 2016, and we’ve been talking about the specifics.  You’ll be hearing more information about this in the coming weeks...

Why aren't you (publicly) involving (more) customers in your discussions about how to get customers involved?

Despite CodeMasters' shameful history of releasing very problematic games with poor post-launch support & customer interaction, there yet remains abundant passion & knowledge in this community for motorsport & motorsport-related gaming - and it would be a short-sighted missed opportunity if you fail to make good use of that.

Judging by the release dates of prior F1 games in the series, along with the typical F1 event calendar, you've got less than a year to release F1 2016 to retail, and you still haven't managed to get the 4-month-old F1 2015 functioning properly on all platforms...

...So it seems if customers are going to have any meaningful pre-launch involvement in shaping F1 2016, that involvement would need to start immediately.

Unfortunately for you @jennyannem, you're just the latest in a long line of CodeMasters voices that say a lot of vague & non-committal things without any decision-making authority to actually make anything happen. I imagine this new job feels like an exciting opportunity for you, but it's the same old song-&-dance for customers. A "community manager" that only interacts with the community for press releases, marketing events, & to say "soon" is no good use to the community. Judging by the actions of your predecessors, that seems to be just about all CodeMasters will allow you to do. It would be nice to see that change.

The community has long demonstrated its willingness & responsiveness in providing mountains of input & feedback, basically spoon-feeding CodeMasters with valuable information spelling out: "here's what you can do get even more of our money!" ...But CodeMasters doesn't seem to hear it or capitalize on it.

CodeMasters has earned their criticisms many times over, yet we (customers) still want to buy & play high-quality games - and it's in all of our best interests if CodeMasters can deliver them.

Operator1 said:

...We’ve been working out how best to involve you guys in F1 2016, and we’ve been talking about the specifics.  You’ll be hearing more information about this in the coming weeks...

Why aren't you (publicly) involving (more) customers in your discussions about how to get customers involved?

Despite CodeMasters' shameful history of releasing very problematic games with poor post-launch support & customer interaction, there yet remains abundant passion & knowledge in this community for motorsport & motorsport-related gaming - and it would be a short-sighted missed opportunity if you fail to make good use of that.

Judging by the release dates of prior F1 games in the series, along with the typical F1 event calendar, you've got less than a year to release F1 2016 to retail, and you still haven't managed to get the 4-month-old F1 2015 functioning properly on all platforms...

...So it seems if customers are going to have any meaningful pre-launch involvement in shaping F1 2016, that involvement would need to start immediately.

Unfortunately for you @jennyannem, you're just the latest in a long line of CodeMasters voices that say a lot of vague & non-committal things without any decision-making authority to actually make anything happen. I imagine this new job feels like an exciting opportunity for you, but it's the same old song-&-dance for customers. A "community manager" that only interacts with the community for press releases, marketing events, & to say "soon" is no good use to the community. Judging by the actions of your predecessors, that seems to be just about all CodeMasters will allow you to do. It would be nice to see that change.

The community has long demonstrated its willingness & responsiveness in providing mountains of input & feedback, basically spoon-feeding CodeMasters with valuable information spelling out: "here's what you can do get even more of our money!" ...But CodeMasters doesn't seem to hear it or capitalize on it.

CodeMasters has earned their criticisms many times over, yet we (customers) still want to buy & play high-quality games - and it's in all of our best interests if CodeMasters can deliver them.

I understand your frustrations (I really do, I promise), but please don't patronise me. (The idea that I came into this with my eyes blissfully closed - or completely unaware even as a 'normal person' (ha!) - is a tad on the silly side to say the least.)

I know you all hate soon, and I've tried to avoid using 'soon' as much as is possible. My first blog post said that a PC patch would be coming within the week (it came the next day), I told you all yesterday that I would update you today on the patches, we're talking in that very update now, and in that update I've said that one patch is being aimed for the end of next week, the other before Christmas. In my blog post, I also talked about how we're looking to perhaps run some internal game testing early in the New Year. I've used 'soon' very little - I don't like using it if I can help it.

I can't wave a magic wand and make things all better instantly. I wish I could, because then I'd be fixing life in general! But whilst I can't wave my wand and fix everything, I am trying my hardest to. Because if nothing else you all deserve it.

jennyannem said:
...I understand your frustrations (I really do, I promise), but please don't patronise me. (The idea that I came into this with my eyes blissfully closed - or completely unaware even as a 'normal person' (ha!) - is a tad on the silly side to say the least.)...

I never meant any such thing. I was only expressing a customer's perspective on the situation.

@jennyannem I fully sympathise with you, @Dnote and @Lozzy, you guys have come into this after the release of the game and are unfortunately taking a Load of flak from the community for problems that you're not necessarily responsible for. I for one (and yes I'm a ps4 offlline only user) am looking forward to this latest patch as it would be nice for the first time in 6 games to end the season with cars that resemble the end of season real life cars. I promise @jennyannem some of us genuinly appreciate the increased presence of you and @lozzy in this forum and I for one am looking forward to f1 2016. (and I don't wish to hear from others about paying for another bug filled waste of money , I'll make my own financial decisions thankyou very much)

I'm a xbox one user and so i'm a second class in codemasters eyes.
Every day when i look in this forum, i get very angry.
We have big problems on the xbox one and codemasters ignores it.
I hope that f1 2016 is the last f1 game from codemasters. 
I can't believe that they do all that they can. The most dev's work on f1 2016 and a small group with 2 or 3 guys fix the worst f1 2015.
Slightly Mad Studios  have a small budget but they release very good patch's. 
All Codemasters patch's bring only a 1 % solution.
The bugs and lags are still there like on first day. 
Full fuel, tires would not changed in qualifying, when someone leave the lobby comes many lags, a bad corner cutting and penalty system, a very bad hopper system.

And when we, the xbox one user say anything or ask for a release date, the comunication guys say every time the self. "Sorry i know it's frustating, we have no release date....blablabla "
The reality is, all Codemaster employees give a damn for us.
I pay 70 Euro for a game that i can't use. Since five month, i wait to start my league.

SHAME ON YOU CODEMASTERS !!!

To all Xbox one user's.  What do you think about a letter of complaint to the formula 1 office? 
Someone must write the letter on Facebook or something else (my english is not good enough) and we the codemasters deceived, sign.

Ok I just wrote jennyannem via twitter.

I think all of it is going out of hands right now. Jenny is doing a great job. It seems like everyone WANTS to complain about something all the time. If something is fixed you'll find something else. Weeks ago some were crying that @Dnote  wasn't here anymore and that the bad bad codemasters company needs to find someone who is responsable for us. Now we have Jenny on board and all you guys are doing is bash bash bash. Be happy and write reasonable complains, we want to develop this game and if codies offers it to us we should take the chance. Yeah maybe the xbox patch will be out later but don't you guys have a private life? I mean it's a month. I'm waiting for the EA Sports Patch of NBA live for years :-D As Jenny said, what should they do? become wizards and bang...there is your perfect game? If you work in a company you know it doesn't work like this. They understand that there is a problem, thats a big step, e.g. EA Sports doesn't even know that they have customers for live 16 and that they have big problems. Yes yes yes I know you have paid 70 bucks, so did I, and I have a good time so far with F1 2015, sure it is not perfect and it needs to be patched, but it will be. Lets stop bashing Codies, they understand the situation and the problems and they have done something and will do even more. You can either cry all the time or you write reasonable complains so that F1 2016 will be great for all of us!

@Driver74 "Someone" must write a letter. Why you don't write it yourself. I mean the above complains are yours right? So write them to Bernie, you were able to write them here, just write them to Bernie, you don't need "someone" for this. If you buy a TV and it doesn't work you don't let "someone" write your complain right? Furthermore you don't write complains on Facebook, there is a real life outside of facebook. You write letters to the respective address.

I really thought long about posting here. I'm reading this stuff for months now, and yes I know you will bash me as well, so let it begin...

I just wanted to write, so that codies knows that there are customers that are happy with the game, know that it's by far not perfect and want to better it with a good community feedback.