Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team meeting 18/11/2015 - Patch Update & More!

MSC2k13 said:
Ok I just wrote jennyannem via twitter.

I think all of it is going out of hands right now. Jenny is doing a great job. It seems like everyone WANTS to complain about something all the time. If something is fixed you'll find something else. Weeks ago some were crying that @Dnote  wasn't here anymore and that the bad bad codemasters company needs to find someone who is responsable for us. Now we have Jenny on board and all you guys are doing is bash bash bash. Be happy and write reasonable complains, we want to develop this game and if codies offers it to us we should take the chance. Yeah maybe the xbox patch will be out later but don't you guys have a private life? I mean it's a month. I'm waiting for the EA Sports Patch of NBA live for years :-D As Jenny said, what should they do? become wizards and bang...there is your perfect game? If you work in a company you know it doesn't work like this. They understand that there is a problem, thats a big step, e.g. EA Sports doesn't even know that they have customers for live 16 and that they have big problems. Yes yes yes I know you have paid 70 bucks, so did I, and I have a good time so far with F1 2015, sure it is not perfect and it needs to be patched, but it will be. Lets stop bashing Codies, they understand the situation and the problems and they have done something and will do even more. You can either cry all the time or you write reasonable complains so that F1 2016 will be great for all of us!

@Driver74 "Someone" must write a letter. Why you don't write it yourself. I mean the above complains are yours right? So write them to Bernie, you were able to write them here, just write them to Bernie, you don't need "someone" for this. If you buy a TV and it doesn't work you don't let "someone" write your complain right? Furthermore you don't write complains on Facebook, there is a real life outside of facebook. You write letters to the respective address.

I really thought long about posting here. I'm reading this stuff for months now, and yes I know you will bash me as well, so let it begin...

I just wanted to write, so that codies knows that there are customers that are happy with the game, know that it's by far not perfect and want to better it with a good community feedback.

I for one am greatly enjoying my offline experience with the game and so are the vast majority of people here. It's the online part that is frustrating them and that's understandable.  I've never been into league racing before but then I got hooked on it when I bought Project Cars.  When F1 2015 came out I thought I would be in heaven, an official licensed game that would give me a chance to be a "virtual" formula one driver.  Yet, the f1 season is pretty much done and the online capabilities is not consistent enough to have organized races.  But once again I'm greatly enjoying my 2014 career trying to win the championship with force India. If I don't win it in 2014 then I have 2015. Kind of like my own career mode. 

Secondly, Driver74 is asking for someone to write a letter because his English isn't good. He is not saying that he's not capable of doing it himself.  Give the guy a break. 

@MSC2k13 I was paying attention until you said you'd bought nba live. Dude you even have 2k in your name! What you at? :)

I don't think anyone has been too personal about their issues when posting here, people understand that the "community manager" as such has sweet F.A. to do with the development path or resolving issues. They're here to provide info and take bug reports from us, and generally keep this from descending into an all out flame war. 

We're angry at codemasters for the state of the game and not Lozzy or Jenny. What was advertised isn't what was provided at launch. For those who are happy enough with the game, that's great, good for you. But unfortunately that's not the case for everyone. And by admitting there are issues with the game but giving codemasters a pass you're guilty of helping perpetuate this nonsense. You're fooling yourself if you think the game would have any improvements or new features added if there were no disgruntled users here to point out what's wrong. Because all of these issues got through extensive testing after all. 

RE: writing stuff on facebook...
Who sees a letter or email you write to the company at fault? Nobody. You'd be amazed how quickly an issue can be resolved if you have a bunch of Facebook users stinking up a business' home page.

RE: If you work in a company you'll know it doesn't work like this...
It works exactly like this. I know from experience if something is messed up enough, and enough people are having negative outcomes and the customer experience is horrendous, likelihood is the company will throw resources/manpower at an issue to have it resolved ASAP. What's the old adage, a happy customer will tell two people but an unhappy codemasters customer will tell 100 whilst smashing their head against a brick wall for months on end.

Codemasters have no no doubt taken all the money from F1 to the bank. As we have another game due in 6/7/8 months they are not willing to put the resources into making this game what it should have been when they could move onto the next iteration. Difference next year, for UK at least, is the new Consumer laws which will mean if this was next year, getting a refund for the game will be a lot easier.

Anyways, glad the game is acceptable for you, but for those for who the game isn't up to par, making our feelings known here is the only way to try and have something done about it.

As some of you may or may not know, every two weeks on a Wednesday we have a team meeting in Birmingham. You may have seen @Dnote posting some stuff from these meetings in the past. Because I know you want to know what’s going on, I want to continue this on.

So, without further ado, here’s a little rundown of what came out of today’s meeting:

Patches

I promised you yesterday I’d get you an update on patches. So, we’re aiming to get the PS4 patch released and out to you guys before the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (so that’s before the end of next week).  It’s quite a big patch, and contains everything we can bring over from last week’s PC patch, but also has a few other things as well, including (but not limited to!):

·         Updated liveries

·         An updated penalty system (strict corner cutting rules)

The Xbox One patch is also being worked on, and  should arrive before Christmas. I’ll be able to give you more information on this a little bit later on.

F1 2016

We spoke briefly about F1 2016 and about how we want to get you involved in our blog post last week. (Not read it yet? Head over here!) We’ve been working out how best to involve you guys in F1 2016, and we’ve been talking about the specifics.  You’ll be hearing more information about this in the coming weeks!

As always, any questions, thoughts or comments, let me know and I’ll try to answer as many as I can!

I have one for you i have had this game day of release played it 3 hours or so oh wait a min , did i say playing i meant trying to get the pedals to work without a deadzone and the problems with steering wheel csw v2.

3 hours eh and how long as this demo been out for?

I think for f1 2016 all the people that still can`t play this game ie demo should get some kind of a discount for the release of the f1 2016 demo 2?

Lozzy said:
You need to keep at least two wheels within the white lines marking the edge of the track to be considered not to be exceeding track limits.

Warnings do count up and will eventually get you disqualified, it's possible to get a black flag via just warnings, I've done it myself with the new rules.
What about in qualifying? As in previous games, if you cut a corner, it invalidated your lap. @Lozzy 

FRACTURED said:
  @MSC2k13 I was paying attention until you said you'd bought nba live. Dude you even have 2k in your name! What you at? :)

I have both @FRACTURED :-D ...each an every season I buy both of them...so don't worry :-D but I get your point :-D

Good points you've mentioned. I just wanted the community to write a more constructive feedback, because simple complaining won't better the game.
For example I want to habe a new T-Cam in 2016 and I've been asking for it for a long time. I also want the Rolex TV graphics, and I'm asking for it since 2010, when it was LG :-D ...so I also have my points (just 2 of them :-D) I want for 2016 . I hope that we are at a point were codemasters pays attention to us and that we can create a way better F1 2016. Wishful thinking I know, but I'm confident it will happen.

Maybe there should be a thread were you can post the column...lets say "gameplay" the "platform" (PS4) and the issue that should be reworked in 2016.

e.g.

Graphics - All Platforms - HUD
Please add ROLEX original TV overlay to F1 2016

There is the Technical Assistance forum but not sure if its looked at much. I'd like a badge where we could see that, so alongside where it says "MSC2k13 - Member - New Car Smell" it would then say Xbox, PS4 or PC. Would help a little bit. If they created more sub forums it might just make it easier for stuff to get lost/ignored/hidden!

FRACTURED said:
There is the Technical Assistance forum but not sure if its looked at much. I'd like a badge where we could see that, so alongside where it says "MSC2k13 - Member - New Car Smell" it would then say Xbox, PS4 or PC. Would help a little bit. If they created more sub forums it might just make it easier for stuff to get lost/ignored/hidden!
Yes good point. It would be great to have that kind of a badge. Maybe they can add something like that, would make the process a lot easier.

@jennyannem when will you be updating patch notes on the latest patch for ps4?
As soon as I get the full list confirmed to me, I'll be posting them up.

So basically screw you Xbox users we are moving on to the copy/pasting of 2016 and will see you all next year for the exact same issues that we again will spout a lot of hot air and fail to fix! I'm absolutely furious with this 2 Bob company and have had enough now.I think it's our responsibility to vote with our feet and make sure 2016 is codemasters last.What will it be 3 months between patches and we get some new liveries! Who at this point gives a flying fuck about liveries all we want is a multiplayer that is fit for purpose!

Lozzy said:
You need to keep at least two wheels within the white lines marking the edge of the track to be considered not to be exceeding track limits.

Warnings do count up and will eventually get you disqualified, it's possible to get a black flag via just warnings, I've done it myself with the new rules.
I'd prefer more penalties before disqualification, maybe it could be all right if you are disqualification if you have 3 or more penalties, or also a Drive Through instead a disqualification, because, are many of black flags in the real life for cutting corners? IMO no, and, are many Drive Through or penalties in real life for cutting corners? IMO yes.
Think about it please!!!

Was doing some digging today. Interesting stuff out there about Codemasters. Didn't realize one of DreamWorks parent companies is involved (ie has the controlling stake).

Any chance of getting Frank Sagnier or Rashid Varachia in the next team meeting?
Lots of worrying information at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02044132/filing-history if you like your tinfoil hat.

FRACTURED said:
Was doing some digging today. Interesting stuff out there about Codemasters. Didn't realize one of DreamWorks parent companies is involved (ie has the controlling stake).

Any chance of getting Frank Sagnier or Rashid Varachia in the next team meeting?
Lots of worrying information at https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02044132/filing-history if you like your tinfoil hat.
Reliance's involvement isn't new information :smile: 

I wouldn't read too much into those public documents either, we've consistently made games every year for the last 29 years and will continue to do so. Reliance are a great partner and have helped us grow as a company since they came on board, we're in a good place and there is lots of exciting stuff to come in the future.

It's new information to people who don't follow that stuff. Which is probably 90% at least :)

I was more interested in staffing figures and finding out who is actually in charge as I'd seen something about CEO leaving before f1 2015 released

@jennyannem ; @Dnote ; @Lozzy can any of you please tell me if the dev department is looking at the way AI behave in race when it comes to making race mistakes (braking too late, etc), racing outside the racing line (following it more or less, going wider here and there, not following it STRICTLY like the AI seems to do) and going to the inside when we or other AI tries to overtake it in a straight?

It's one of the things I look forward the most when it comes to AI improvements because that would make them much more human-like and unpredictable. I doubt that's something impossible to be done...

Thank you in advance :smile: 

@ MSC2k13

AreYou crazy ?
No one say that the comunication manager do a bad job. 
When you happy with a broken game, ok fine for you. I'm not not happy with the game. I bought it to have fun, to drive with my friends, drive in a league... but since release i have nothing. 

About the letter of complaint, what is your problem ? 
My english is not good enough, that's all.
But stop... I don't will explain me.

The game is worst. The patch's are very bad. 
And I'm very angry and frustrated.

You are right. It is a foul play. Each year removed worse than the previous game.

@Driver74

chill a litte, I got your point. For me, the game is not broken, but I hardly use online features. I'm from the old PSX generation and therefore offline play is what I'm playing. So yeah...my gameing experience is good so far...would rate F1 2015 80 to 85% out of 100 %.

I KNOW that most of you guys are playing online and I can understand that you are frustrated that you cannot play the game as you want to, but the game is not totally broken, that is simply not true. For the features like in season updates: Many years ago I wrote a letter to the Formula 1, it took months for the letter to arrive at the right point and to be answered. It might give you an idea how complicated it is for codies to change liveries and stuff like that. It's not codies it's the process the F1 and the teams make so complicated, same goes for Sony and especially Microsoft with the patches.

My intention was not to offend you @Driver74, but I wanted to state my point of view, especially about the constant complaining. I think the patches corrected a lot, e.g. 2nd gear pilane exit, too aggressive AI and so on. I hope the next one will solves the rest.

BTW I think your english is good enough to write a letter of complain :-)