Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Team meeting 18/11/2015 - Patch Update & More!

Chromatic said:
I'm getting a headache with the idiocy of some people here 

Yes,  the apologists for the mess of a game CM have produced (again) are quite peculiar. 

Xbox One , www.formula1gp.forumfree.it
It is not good news that we have to wait so long for our patch !! But if then we will finally have a good product we can wait !! jennyannem we can at least ensure that you are doing a good job for the multiplayer ??
We are preparing for the championships in January , hoping that this patch functions , you have good news on the operation of multiplayer ??

READ AND LET ME KNOW
hi AGAIN everyone .
i would like to partecipate in an active mode and i  hope everyone will partecipate here , its easy to understand and easy to answer if u want.
lets talk about commerce:
-there is no difference between products , software, hardware , or any kind of object that is on market. so if u buy a car and this car has a factory problem, what happen?:
you bring it back, they try to fix for free cuz is under the warranty,right? the same is here but on a software.
what happen if your car after the theoretic repair have other things whos not working more? u bring back the car again.
its a kind of wheel. so here its still the same as the car . u buy ( as a donkey ) a product that is TECNICALLY ALWAIS BROKE. so what you will think about the company ? .................. (we know). but more u want your money back and u will never buy again the product from the company who sold u the car .
here we have the same situation so keep your eyes wide open .
you all free to discuss this tread i really want to know all your point of view.
                                                                                                                                                 peaple make the difference
IIIIIONEIIIII

Why not give everyone wot we are asking for in f1....you know the rules for the game. ...so do we.......try fixing that first.it's been to long now...season is over.....try to Fix this game for us .

Thought we'd have the ps4 patch notes by now it's a joke we haven't please hurry up with the notes and the patch itself. Thanks

PC is a lot better without this hopper system, I'm glad they got the custom list menu back so you can actually pick which race you want now. 

PC is a lot better without this hopper system, I'm glad they got the custom list menu back so you can actually pick which race you want now. 
Well good for you and everyone else who is not on an Xbox1! Again my question: You are treating us like second class customers, what do we get for compensation?

Well good for you and everyone else who is not on an Xbox1! Again my question: You are treating us like second class customers, what do we get for compensation?
They're adding this to PS4 as well and Xbox One soon, kinda late though for you guys. There still is a a few lagging isues on pc online though. Some people saying that theres even more problems now but I haven't played much.

MickeyMoTiOnZ said:
They're adding this to PS4 as well and Xbox One soon.

No, they are not adding it to XBOX One. Please link to where you read/heard that. Your Sig is wrecking threads by the way (no offense meant, stating fact - for some it has to preload that vid for all your posts).

FRACTURED said:
MickeyMoTiOnZ said:

No, they are not adding it to XBOX One. Please link to where you read/heard that. Your Sig is wrecking threads by the way (no offense meant, stating fact - for some it has to preload that vid for all your posts).
Damn you are right. I checked on the Insidesimracing website and they said:

Speaking of the update, it will also be coming to the consoles, with one caveat.  The Xbox One doesn’t support some of the multiplayer updates, so Codemasters will have to come up with a work around.  Hopefully this issue doesn’t delay the rest of the updates for Xbox One owners.  Also, due to the console approval process, don’t expect to see the console update for a bit (hopefully by the end of the month if I had to guess).

To all you Xbox users, stop whining, you will get the patch soon enough, its not just code masters fault,Microsoft likes to thoroughly check is updates, its the same with mine craft, Play stations got the game after Xbox, but is nearly at the same patch due to Microsoft. Now i'm not a PS4 fanboy, to me their both pretty much the same, I've just grown up using play station, and anytime soon i'll be getting an Xbox one for Forza 6 and other games. Use just need to calm down and be lucky were all getting a patch, 2 months ago it was like "when are we getting a patch", now its "where not getting the patch first". Use just need to calm down and stop finding little stupid things to complain about

From the guy who always gets hate  :D

Thought we'd have the ps4 patch notes by now it's a joke we haven't please hurry up with the notes and the patch itself. Thanks
@peanutt2000 with any luck you should have the patch for PS4 at the Abu Dhaubi GP or a few days after. The xbox guys have to play the waiting game. Nobody want's codemasters to speed anything up otherwise we might have a cock up on our hands give them time buddy.

FRACTURED said:
MickeyMoTiOnZ said:

Damn you are right. I checked on the Insidesimracing website and they said:

Speaking of the update, it will also be coming to the consoles, with one caveat.  The Xbox One doesn’t support some of the multiplayer updates, so Codemasters will have to come up with a work around.  Hopefully this issue doesn’t delay the rest of the updates for Xbox One owners.  Also, due to the console approval process, don’t expect to see the console update for a bit (hopefully by the end of the month if I had to guess).
The reason why xbox one players aren't getting custom lobbies is that codemasters are too lazy & very untalented to implement it

Possibly Lazy and Untalented, yes. They could always take on the challenge and prove us wrong eh?

I'm tweeting with Frank Sagnier asking what they think they are up to? Who the hell is running the place. Why is it Okay to take money for an unfinished product without EVER acknowledging that this is what they've done?

I see PC World are offering free copies of F1 (in some cases with PC's / Laptops that won't even be able to play it!) Anyone know what the sales figures were?

The reasons for hoppers and why they're staying on Xbox One have been explained. If you want to just throw around insults expect a warning.

FRACTURED said:
Why is it Okay to take money for an unfinished product without EVER acknowledging that this is what they've done?
Unfinished how? Please elaborate.

Lozzy said:

How? Please explain to me how in any way shape or form it meets the criteria for being 'Finished' if you are still working on it?

My definition of unfinished differs to yours then FRACTURED. Is adding new things and fixing bugs a bad thing now?!

Lozzy said:

That is just the type of silly comment that explains why so many people think CM are entirely unsuitable to hold the IP rights to F1 games. 

Indeed it must Lozzy. 

There is more bug fixing here than new features. I see the word 'Fixed' in the notes a lot rather than 'Added a New'. And its not like the 'new' features are always new is it? Some are old but just being brought back. Searchable lobbies on PS4 and PC? Always had them before. Some of the stuff being added is actually fix.

So what happened to in season updates? Surely they don't count after the season has finished (for us Xboxers). 

"An earlier release in the racing calendar and with free digital updates set to keep the game up to date with the sport during the season, F1 2015 brings fans the most relevant FORMULA 1 videogame ever."

I'm sure I'd be very happy if I bought the game in January lets say, once all work (patches or additions) has been completed (finished game!!!), for 20-30 bucks. Paying twice that (and I even waited til after first patch because I KNEW it would need work as it always does) in August seems like a joke now. Every previous iteration of the game has been my main racer, so if you think I am being unreasonable or expecting too much, bear in mind I'm the customer. And I just happen to give a damn.

Sorry @Lozzy. Got to agree with fractured comment. Xbox users are NOT going to get as good a multi player as ps4 and PC. 
My biggest worry is the same people who didn't include career mode, weather for weekend etc etc are now working on 2016.

I don't accept that fixing bugs is a bad thing to be held against us. Yes there have been more issues that we would have liked but that's what happens when many thousands of man days go in to making something, people make mistakes and they have to be identified and fixed. That's true of anything non trivial not just computer games.

I do accept that the whole season updates thing has been a disaster. After that was thought up things changed and our release slipped. That meant it wasn't possible to achieve what was originally envisaged. The updates are coming now (better late than never) but no that has been something we've failed to deliver as we had hoped and we're sorry. We'll learn from that for the future.

I also accept from a l players point of view having to add in things like the server browser looks like we're just adding things that should have been there for release. The reality is that it was never in the original design because hoppers were considered the future. On paper doing the search in the background while the player does something else that's more fun than looking at a list or sitting in a lobby is good but it's not worked out like that on a lot of games. I think it's fair to say players aren't keen and a lot of developers are having to deal with the negativity surrounding them. I think we made mistakes by having too many choices and making the window to join a session too small so people generally didn't find a game or if they did only found a few people to play with. Fundamentally I think people like to be in control and like being able to look at a list and make a choice.

I'm glad you give a damn and we are always happy to receive ideas and constructive criticism from all our players.

This is off of Steam, and their Early Access. How is this definition different to how F1 2015 has been released (Other than not always listening to the community)?

Steam said:
"What is Early Access?
Get immediate access to games that are being developed with the community's involvement. These are games that evolve as you play them, as you give feedback, and as the developers update and add content.
We like to think of games and game development as services that grow and evolve with the involvement of customers and the community. There have been a number of prominent titles that have embraced this model of development recently and found a lot of value in the process. We like to support and encourage developers who want to ship early, involve customers, and build lasting relationships that help everyone make better games.
This is the way games should be made."