Jump to content Jump to content

Zero pro league progression

I’ve been playing from about 4-5k to about 7k plus points with absolutely no progression bar progress. I see that I was and still am bronze 1 which doesn’t matter much to me personally but it also probably means that I’m stuck playing on just a few tracks. Namely, silverstone, spa, Monza and a couple of others. Also losing awards and prizes and chassis upgrade options for sure. Frustrating and not sure what to do about other than wait for an update to fix it. This had happened to me a year or so ago too before the major update and I basically stopped playing at the time for a quite a while. Naturally. 

the penalty for Corner cutting at Monaco is not long enough. I have lost too many races trying to be a gentleman while my opponent goes straight across, takes the penalty and still beats me. 

the drs in Monaco also comes in super late on sprint and qualifying which means there’s a high chance you’ll crash into the wall on turn 1 by the time you figure things out. Took me a bit to get used to but it is quite silly. 

I love f1 like most of us. But I fail to see how a game like this could be so poorly managed for so long. It just needs another good game as an alternative to give it competition and it will lose players in droves. Just a matter of time. 

5641C778-9853-486D-B44B-CF2F49F86032.jpeg

13 hours ago, Lighta100 said:

I’ve been playing from about 4-5k to about 7k plus points with absolutely no progression bar progress. I see that I was and still am bronze 1 which doesn’t matter much to me personally but it also probably means that I’m stuck playing on just a few tracks. Namely, silverstone, spa, Monza and a couple of others. Also losing awards and prizes and chassis upgrade options for sure. Frustrating and not sure what to do about other than wait for an update to fix it. This had happened to me a year or so ago too before the major update and I basically stopped playing at the time for a quite a while. Naturally. 

the penalty for Corner cutting at Monaco is not long enough. I have lost too many races trying to be a gentleman while my opponent goes straight across, takes the penalty and still beats me. 

the drs in Monaco also comes in super late on sprint and qualifying which means there’s a high chance you’ll crash into the wall on turn 1 by the time you figure things out. Took me a bit to get used to but it is quite silly. 

I love f1 like most of us. But I fail to see how a game like this could be so poorly managed for so long. It just needs another good game as an alternative to give it competition and it will lose players in droves. Just a matter of time. 

5641C778-9853-486D-B44B-CF2F49F86032.jpeg

I wouldn't worry about it, none of us have a progression bar, you won't be missing out on tracks, there's a track pool which is the tracks you could race on in the 30days of the pro league season but it does seem weighted to more tracks than others.

If you click on the pro league button and you can see the "end of season rewards" are fully unlocked with the "champion" ones then you're the highest rank you can be anyhow. I'm over 8k points now and I've probably played 3/4 days max in this season so far but that's only because there's no reason to actually race once you've unlocked all the rewards. 

The bronze 1 glitch has been around since the first season and surprisingly it only shows when you're in the champion level so you'll be at the top level already! 

Again with the monaco corner cutting, if you see someones best time is 1.06.800 and lower then I can almost guarantee they've cut the corner. Unfortunately you have to start doing it yourself otherwise you'll keep losing against real players in Monaco and if you see them slow down for the corner, it's probably a fake race you're involved in. 

With the DRS in monaco and Spa, the best advice i can give is just don't use it, make sure you're pressing the break in the top left of your device, to avoid accidently clicking the DRS button which we've all done plenty of times!

To finish off, you're right with your last point unfortunately because codemasters have been given the rights to use the F1 branding, cars etc, no one else will be able to create a game unless F1 decide to move away from codemasters. It's a little bit like the FIFA vs PES situation if you're into football games, the difference is the clubs choose which game they'll be involved with. Whereas F1 teams are signed up to F1 and they decide what's happening with the brand as a whole. 

hopefully, I've answered your queries, I don't believe i've seen your name before so please keep adding to the forum if you feel like it, there's 5/6 of us who regularly discuss things on here!

Thanks a lot for the details. I play to clear my mind more than anything else, but since I'm putting in the effort, making sure I'm not missing out on upgrade options etc does cross my mind. I'll keep calm and F1 on.