Jump to content Jump to content

What is your win ratio

I have a theory that we can only win 66% of the time against the bots in pro league 

My win ratio in the pro league table is 0.665.

Also we see massive differences in pbs when racing bots I don’t believe the differences are that big between real players as an example my PB at silverstone is 1:22:952. I reckon we will be all within 1.5 seconds of each other..

As a base line for you all.

My Car is Merc with Chassis 7, part level 7’s, pi 2334 and player level 46

Miles driven since the change from 2020 is 3882

I’d be interested to see if this agrees with others on the forum..

I disagree massively if i'm honest. My win ratio before pro league was about 0.68. It has now gone up to 0.74 overall but in this current pro league event i've had 118 wins and 26 losses aka 0.819 ratio.

That's with level 7 Mercedes chassis and level 5 on all parts apart from lvl 3 legendary giving me a PI of 2176. Miles drive is 3336. 

Since the pro league i've not stopped winning races, my highest streak was 18 then i lost by fake AI then went on another 10+ win streak

Edited by IHATEF1MOBILE

I think it is certainly possible to achieve a higher win ratio. A faster car is of course indispensable.

My ratio before the major update was 0.88 with a max. setup of the car then. Now in the pro league my list is....pos-18/980/49/0.952/51370. I find the list uninteresting because I just want to race to earn points and improve my car.

SINCE LAST WEEK I CANNOT RACE A PRO LEAGE BECAUSE NO OPPONENTS ARE FOUND. I don't know what the cause of that is....I've tried everything without success. 

THIS AFTERNOON IT WORKS AGAIN??????

My car is the Red Bull with a chassis 9, a PI 2745 and level 50 with 23630 km on the counter.

Edited by Game4ce

8 hours ago, Game4ce said:

I think it is certainly possible to achieve a higher win ratio. A faster car is of course indispensable.

My ratio before the major update was 0.88 with a max. setup of the car then. Now in the pro league my list is....pos-18/980/49/0.952/51370. I find the list uninteresting because I just want to race to earn points and improve my car.

….

My car is the Red Bull with a chassis 9, a PI 2745 and level 50 with 23630 km on the counter.

I would be interested in what kind of PB’s you can drive on several tracks with a PI of 2745. It’s almost the highest PI possible I think? My estimation is that each 100 PI extra equals roughly a 1 second faster lap time. That is my experience when I started comparing from 1500 PI while moving upwards. But this might become less when you’re racing with for example 2400 vs. 2500 PI, compared to 1500 vs. 1600 PI. Not sure about this. Could you tell us a few of your PB’s @Game4ce?

About the win ratios. Mine is 0.76 overall and 0.781 in this current pro league, but I started this pro league with around 0.92 after maybe 30 races, but then started to drop down to my current ratio. Even though my car has around 200 PI more now than the beginning of the Pro league (now at 2251), I win less than a few weeks ago. Always losing after a 5 or 6 winning streak to a bot that all of sudden drives a PB at least 5 seconds faster than it’s pre-race PB.

So what I see is that when you move up in the rankings you start to lose more, so the ratio goes down. Seems logical because in theory the opponents would have to better being ranked higher. However, you’re ranking is mainly based on the number of duels you play (assuming anybody can have a win ratio higher than 0.5, considering the mostly slow bots), not the winning percentage or fast lap times. And since we’re mainly racing bots which are pretty slow mostly, anyone can climb up high in the rankings. So why is my winning ratio going down when moving up the rankings, while my car is becoming faster with around 200 PI more along the way? Of course the BS algorithms of CM are the cause of this. But I suspect that at a certain point with a very fast car (like Game4ce) you can also beat the insanely fast bots. So after a certain point the winning ratio goes up again I guess. There has to be a certain limit to the lap times the bots can drive, right? I mean, once your car has the maximum PI score, there’s no need anymore for CM to keep seducing players to spend money on more parts etc., so you might as well let those players win their races in that case.

So my conclusion is this:

1. Lower rankings means winning more. 
2. Medium rankings means getting f%*%$d over by stupid algorithms. 
3. Having the almost maximum PI score on your car means winning practically everything, except maybe against some other real players that have similar cars upgraded. 

I don't win any more with a PI of 2500 (level 50) than when I did with 1500. Or 1000. 

Silverstone best lap 123.332. I have a new/different setup and I haven't had the quali run at Silverstone yet to better that as I think I have a couple tenths quicker car. I keep getting grid starts grrr. Not bad I thought for the custom car. Considering I'm such a bad driver. 🤣

My win ration is 0.55. Been that way since I started playing this game. I nearly got up to 0.6 before the magic changed a few weeks back. I was inside 1000 on the table. Then no matter what I did, and improving my PI by 500 at a time, I was losing more than winning. Down to 0.52. Dropped down to 4000+ in the standings. 

I've gained back up to 0.550 exactly again. Going from 0.52 to 0.55 gained me 6000+ points. Interesting. 

But I still rarely get more than 3-4 wins in a row. Occasionally, I'll get 6-9. But rare. Before getting smashed into, brake tested and DNF'd (Luca red Ferrari level 50. WHat happened to ghosting?) getting beat by an opponent 3-5 seconds slower on lap times but I get beat by 3-5 seconds despite having a good lap. 

RIGGED!!!!!!!!

My overall win ratio currently stands at .59; this up from .54 not too long ago. Below is a picture of my current setup.  You might reasonably think with that setup that I win just about everything.  Right? Wrong! Don't get me wrong, it is indeed fast (I'm currently ranked 443 in the Burnt Rubber Event) and I do win my fair share of duels, but there are simply too many shenanigans when it comes to sprints and grids. "Rigged" is an apt description.

Case in point, just had a grid start with "ELBEDINY" at Spa. Was up by over a second and climbing heading toward the penultimate turn at about 210 MPH when out of the blue I get sideswiped and go absolutely flying off the track and DNF. No points are given or taken from our scores; we both supposedly have 16198. But when I check the rankings, "ELBEDINY" is nowhere to be found. (Check out the pictures below.) Shouldn't we be right next to each other?! RIGGED!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to put too much thought into exactly what's going on because of the game's inconsistencies, but I keep coming back because it's still fun, despite the obvious BS.  As soon as it's no longer fun to me . . . and who knows when that will be . . . I'm Audi 5000.

Screenshot_20220204-203212_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Screenshot_20220204-202514_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Screenshot_20220204-202840_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

@Ruddman How much PI do you have for power, aero and lightweight combined with your TR car? With 2500 PI total I would expect you could be a lot quicker, but maybe your total PI consists relatively more out of braking and handling points? My experience is that power, aero and lightweight really have impact on your lap times, the rest hardly matters. I have currently 1588 points for those parts in a total of 2251 PI. See screenshot below. My PB on Silverstone is 1:22:5xx driven a few weeks ago with lower PI than I currently have during an event (in duel qualifying you’re usually slower cause a slower opponent will give you a slow start). 

@LET5G0BRAND0N With that high PI of yours I would expect that you could beat almost anybody, including the insanely fast bots. See the win ratio of Game4ce, he also has a very high PI score. How many driving assists do you have enabled? The more assists you have activated, the slower you will be. I’m surprised to see your high PI score, since we had a few close races while my PI is currently 2251 where it was maybe 2150 when we raced recently. Question, how did you get the legendary parts to level 7??!! Did you spend money on it, or did you collect them all? Since collecting them goes sooooo slowly, I wouldn’t know how to possibly ever get to that level for these parts. 

94986FC1-4D70-4719-90FD-140F0C17551F.png

Edited by RubiconXX78

36 minutes ago, Game4ce said:

@RubiconXX78

Some PB's from Pro Leage,,,

Silverstone 1.19.455   Spa 1.32.218   Monza 1.16.354   Hungaro 1.08.306    Le Castellete 1.22.820   Mexico 1.08.604   Montreal 1.04.930

Ok thanks a million! That gives an idea about the possibilities when further upgrading the car. 

Funny to see that certain tracks have way more margin for improvement than others apparently. Mexico, Hungary and Monza all don’t differ that much from my own PB’s (1 second or less), but at Spa I’m almost 5 seconds slower and on Silverstone and France around 3 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Game4ce said:

I think that's all in the TOPSPEED, that's for me 357 km/hr. on Le Castellet!

Yep probably. 348km for me on Castellet. Although I have 1:17:1xx on Monza with 346km topspeed. Would have expected to be much slower on that track than you. But ok, I cut the 2nd chicane, saves some time. 

@RubiconXX78 For drivivg assists I have braking 2, steering 1, and stability 2.  When we raced my chasis level was 8; I only just reached level 9 a couple of days ago.  As for the Legendaries, I collected them all, never bought any outright,  but have bought an upgrade box or two along the way.

Below are pictures of my PBs. Some of the tracks I haven't visited in a while. 

As a side note about inconsistency, raced a qualie on Spielberg the other day against someone/something who/that supposedly had a sub-minute PB, I think it was 0:56:xxx. Mine was just over 1:04 at the time.  I won by over 12 seconds. Nonsensical. 

Screenshot_20220205-084138_F1 Mobile Racing.png

Screenshot_20220205-084146_F1 Mobile Racing.png

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N

3 hours ago, LET5G0BRAND0N said:

@RubiconXX78 For drivivg assists I have braking 2, steering 1, and stability 2. 

……

Thanks for sharing your PB’s! It’s really insightful to how this game works and where impact can be made. If I compare your PB’s with mine I see that some are a bit better than mine and some are slower.

I think that if you would turn off stability and especially braking (!!) assists, you would really become 2 or 3 seconds faster at least for most tracks. IMO that would be easily possible with your cars setup and PI right now, since we have similar lap times, but my car is much slower than yours (600 PI less).

FYI: I only use steering assist at level 1, since I really find it hard to control the car when that’s fully disabled (you need to be extremely focused when doing that). The rest is disabled. Turning off braking assist completely is hard in the beginning, but very rewarding once you master that (took me 1 or 2 weeks to get it right). I do use 3D dynamic racing line and use tilting for steering and auto accelerate. 

Hope it is of any help to you. Thanks again for sharing! 👌

Edited by RubiconXX78

If there was any doubt, it appears the key to speed is more power. Compared to the setup I included above, the setup below is faster.  It appears that a smaller increase in power provides more overall speed than a significantly larger increase in aero.

Screenshot_20220205-114559_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

12 minutes ago, RubiconXX78 said:

Thanks for sharing your PB’s! It’s really insightful to how this game works and where impact can be made. If I compare your PB’s with mine I see that some are a bit better than mine and some are slower.

I think that if you would turn off stability and especially braking (!!) assists, you would really become 2 or 3 seconds faster at least for most tracks. IMO that would be easily possible with your cars setup and PI right now, since we have similar lap times, but my car is much slower than yours (600 PI less).

FYI: I only use steering assist at level 1, since I really find it hard to control the car when that’s fully disabled (you need to be extremely focused when doing that). The rest is disabled. Turning off braking assist completely is hard in the beginning, but very rewarding once you master that (took me 1 or 2 weeks to get it right). I do use 3D dynamic racing line and use tilting for steering and auto accelerate. 

Hope it is of any help to you. Thanks again for sharing! 👌

Thank you for your thoughts. I just might have to decrease the braking assist to decrease times.  It's definitely going to take some time to get used since I'm very much a late-breaker and I'm so accustomed to and comfortable with the assist at 2.  For that, I wish there still was practice mode.  Maybe I'll take advantage of the Pan-Am Event to practice. 

Silverstone now 122:338.  
PI : 2508
Top speed : 342 km/h (212.5 mp/h)

Still not my best lap. But I don’t think I won that one. Pretty sure I didn’t. And I find that’s the only way to fast times is to race someone quicker. I always notice the speeds are higher. Arcade game style. 

1 hour ago, Ruddman said:

Silverstone now 122:338.  
PI : 2508
Top speed : 342 km/h (212.5 mp/h)

Still not my best lap. But I don’t think I won that one. Pretty sure I didn’t. And I find that’s the only way to fast times is to race someone quicker. I always notice the speeds are higher. Arcade game style. 

I have 349km as top speed on Silverstone, total PI of 2251 Mercedes level 7 chassis. Think the TR car has different slots with less room for power parts. So even though your overall score is higher, your car has less power and topspeed which is the most crucial for good lap times in this game.

My PB on Silverstone is still 1:22:5xx for a while now, but I haven’t had a good qualifying lap for quite a while now on Silverstone in pro league, all sprints and starts. Apart from that, in event qualifying you get the best lap times, since you won’t get slowed down pre-startingline by slow opponents. 

Only in sprints and grid starts I notice having a higher top speed when you’re behind a quick opponent, not in qualifying. 

2 hours ago, LET5G0BRAND0N said:

Thank you for your thoughts. I just might have to decrease the braking assist to decrease times.  It's definitely going to take some time to get used since I'm very much a late-breaker and I'm so accustomed to and comfortable with the assist at 2.  For that, I wish there still was practice mode.  Maybe I'll take advantage of the Pan-Am Event to practice. 

Not fun in the beginning, but trust me, once you are accustomed to zero braking assist you will find you’re really a lot quicker than before at level 2. At least 1 or 2 seconds per lap on average. 

Yeah, practice mode should return. Why the hell did they remove it? Don’t get it. 

18 hours ago, LET5G0BRAND0N said:

@RubiconXX78 For drivivg assists I have braking 2, steering 1, and stability 2.  When we raced my chasis level was 8; I only just reached level 9 a couple of days ago.  As for the Legendaries, I collected them all, never bought any outright,  but have bought an upgrade box or two along the way.

As a side note about inconsistency, raced a qualie on Spielberg the other day against someone/something who/that supposedly had a sub-minute PB, I think it was 0:56:xxx. Mine was just over 1:04 at the time.  I won by over 12 seconds. Nonsensical. 

You can do much better bij setting braking to ZERRO! THAT IS WHERE YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERNCE!

I am on braking 0, steering 1, and stability 1.

6 hours ago, Game4ce said:

You can do much better bij setting braking to ZERRO! THAT IS WHERE YOU CAN MAKE THE DIFFERNCE!

I am on braking 0, steering 1, and stability 1.

I've tried a few times, but it seems so out of control given how I'm so accustomed to driving.  It is so much different than even braking 1. (I also use auto acceleration, so there’s no just lifting off the gas pedal.) What would you suggest is the key to successfully using no braking assist?  I'm so used to assisted late-braking and that "muscle memory" of so many races is not serving me well at zero. Thanks 

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N

It's all about a lot of practis. You can do that in the Carreer mode with your car, losing there is no problem. The car there is not as fast as in the ProLeage but you can see what the difference is.

You can also practis in Event mode bij resetting and use the fast setupcar. I use it also a lot for prefomence. It's about trail and error an looking for the braiking points an I use the 3D racingline where you can look for the braiking points.

My Contoles are: Steering tilt device and Acceleration manual!!

Edited by Game4ce

4 hours ago, LET5G0BRAND0N said:

What would you suggest is the key to successfully using no braking assist?

Of course practicing till you get the feeling for it. But what works for me in combination with auto acceleration is to tap the screen/brake very shortly (once or several times in intervals) in turns where you can’t accelerate all the way in the whole turn. So first you have your normal braking behavior where you pick the spot where you have to break at the latest to at least get the apex of the turn. After releasing the brakes the car accelerates which can be tricky sometimes in turns where you can’t go full throttle all the way after releasing the brakes. So in those turns I apply the short ‘brake tapping’ as often as necessary to hold the racing line. Last turn on the Hungary track is a good example. I usually need to tap the brakes twice after releasing the brakes in the beginning of that turn.

Same for left/right or right/left turn combinations where you only need a minor amount of braking between the turns to get the apex of the 2nd turn. Good example is the first chicane on Monza. After the initial big braking to get the first turn, you first accelerate a little and then tap the brakes as shortly as possible so you can steer for the 2nd turn. While steering into that 2nd turn you can already accelerate, so don’t use the brakes anymore after the short ‘brake tapping’. 

So the ‘brake tapping’ is an alternative to manual acceleration where you can lift the throttle in stead of braking. So the art is to don’t slow down to much while holding the racing line. In some turn this might be easier maybe by using manual acceleration and only lift the throttle, but in others I think auto acceleration is more effective in combination with brake tapping. For me manual acceleration didn’t work, but it’s  a matter of preference I guess. 

Edited by RubiconXX78

Well, I practiced quite a bit on the Montréal circuit in the Pan-Am Event using both manual and auto acceleration with 0 braking assist and the rest at 1. (I first started practicing in Career mode, but my car quickly ran into Wear issues and I thought it feeble to expend resources to continue to "repair" it.)  But, it turns out I am consistently quicker with all assists set at 1 with auto acceleration.  My PB at Montréal is now 1:07:177 with top speed of 229 MPH, whereas with braking assist set at 2 the PB was 1:08:830 and 220 MPH.

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N
Wrong track originally referenced

Speaking of the Pan-Am Event and Montréal, I noticed that with the Race End portion every time I crossed the start/finish line on the flying start the timer already had six seconds on it (00:06:00) instead of starting at zero (00:00:00). Every time I retried (instead of validating) this happened.  Anyone else experience this?

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N
Wrong track originally referenced