Jump to content Jump to content

Downloaded digital edition of F1 2015 for the Xbone and after installing it it won't launch.

UnicycleLoser

I try to launch the game and it sits on the splash screen for about 30 seconds before dropping me back onto the Xbox Guide. I was just in a chat with Xbox Support fot about an hour over trying to fix the issue and they basically directed me here after they couldn't solve it. I don't know if this is the best way to get in touch with Codemasters about this but I don't want to have thrown forty dollars down the drain for a game that doesn't work for me, lol.

• Codemasters Staff
Hi UnicycleLoser, I'm sorry you're having problems with F1. I can't understand why the game would not boot, clearly this is a problem with either your console or the download as the game is running for lots of people. My suggestion would be to remove it from your hard drive and download it again and see if that helps. If it doesn't let me know and we'll see what else we can try.

• Codemasters Staff
I can't see how it couldn't be but your Xbox One system software is up to date isn't it? The game might not boot if it's really out old but if you're downloading F1 it's very unlikely to be the problem.

Do you have any peripherals other than a controller plugged in? It might even be worth disconnecting your Kinect if you have one to rule that out.

Archived