Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Racenet Support BETA - APPLY NOW

BarryBL

• Administrator

Ever wondered where your friends are making up time against you? Want more available to you in your pursuit of perfection?

F1 2021 is now integrated with RaceNet, giving drivers access to more features than ever before. Compare your lap times and driving styles with your friends and have access to detailed telemetry and statistics throughout your F1 journey. Drive to become not just the World Drivers Champion, but the undisputed GOAT between your friends.

The first batch of testing for RaceNet integration is limited to 1000 players for now, but we will be extending this as we add more support and features.

How to sign up? Simply follow this: https://racenet-beta.codemasters.com/

1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

interesting concept, some additional data like throttle pedal application is needed as well for the data analysis also going to assume that it's limited to time trial only due to limitations and ghost saving in that mode only but everything i looked at was easy to use and worked as it should

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Oh hell yeah! 

As cearp8858 said throttle application would be really neat to have.

Things like visible braking points / acceleration on the map would also be on my wishlist as well. ( like DiRT Rally had it )

The biggest thing i noticed is how the comparison updates. While the driving line comparison is smooth the Speed/Steering/Braking details are updated 5 times per second? ( idk exactly ) i hope this could get improved on as DiRT Rally managed to do it.

Edited by hier217
  • Like 1

• Codemasters Staff
9 hours ago, hier217 said:

Oh hell yeah! 

Things like visible braking points / acceleration on the map would also be on my wishlist as well. ( like DiRT Rally had it )

The biggest thing i noticed is how the comparison updates. While the driving line comparison is smooth the Speed/Steering/Braking details are updated 5 times per second? ( idk exactly ) i hope this could get improved on as DiRT Rally managed to do it.

Hi there,

I'm one of the devs working on this tool, thanks so much for your feedback.

Yeah, I really wanted this in there too, unfortunately this data just isn't in the ghost data for F1 2021. We're currently working with the F1 teams to try and get this added for future releases.

Good call, adding to my list of things to work on 🙂

This one is next on my list when I get a chance to jump back on to the telemetry tool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@PaulMarrable welcome to the forums, man. Are there any plans to extend the F1 analyzing tool to anything else than the single best time trial lap? It would be most interesting to learn where my mistakes during that bad qualifying session really were, or what that other driver that was so fast during that multiplayer race did differently. Can we expect that to come any time soon?

Edited by Schneehase
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

@PaulMarrable welcome to the forums, man. Are there any plans to extend the F1 analyzing tool to anything else than the single best time trial lap? It would be most interesting to learn where my mistakes during that bad qualifying session really were, or what that other driver that was so fast during that multiplayer race did differently. Can we expect that to come any time soon?

pretty sure it uses the public ghost car data from time trial so it's going to be limited to this game mode only i beleive, the amount of data needed to be stored for every single race every player does from single player modes to multiplayer modes would be imense tbh  

• Like 2

• Codemasters Staff
5 hours ago, Schneehase said:

I've been thinking about this quite a bit recently. As @cearp8858 mentioned, we wouldn't be able to store all that data on our servers but I really want to extend the tool so we can access the UDP telemetry data, and allow users to save their laps locally. However this would be restricted to mobile or require a small client download for PC users. Just an idea at the moment, but does seem like a good fit.

Edited by PaulMarrable
Changed the @ from Schneehase to cearp8858
  • Agree 5

9 hours ago, PaulMarrable said:

Hi there,

Yeah, I really wanted this in there too, unfortunately this data just isn't in the ghost data for F1 2021. We're currently working with the F1 teams to try and get this added for future releases.

This one is next on my list when I get a chance to jump back on to the telemetry tool.

Awesome! 🙂 And welcome to the forum 😃

• Thanks 1

First - glad to see an effort around telemetry!!! @BarryBL

Obviously the first thing would be to compare laps - but I am guessing this is because only the best TT lap is stored on the PS servers. 

Since this is the TT version - obviously fuel load and tyre wear are not needed - but throttle, gear, suspension r/l and f/b are examples of things to think about - which I guess you probably have.

Also in thinking about screen space - PXG Telemetry does a very good job as does Iko Rein's telemetry software. 

Thanks for finally starting this up!

• Like 2

An initial idea - adding to the map track the 50 and 100 markers before each turn (150 maybe as well). Then you would have a clearer idea of where you are breaking and how to adjust. This would not require programming - just additions to the map graphic.  

• Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, dwin20 said:

An initial idea - adding to the map track the 50 and 100 markers before each turn (150 maybe as well). Then you would have a clearer idea of where you are breaking and how to adjust. This would not require programming - just additions to the map graphic.  

I would hope the map graphic is generated from the track map (seeing as you can adjust the perspective by scale or angle), if not why not? Marker boards should be plottable from the same map data.

• Like 3

@PaulMarrable three things i noticed.

1. getting a sector time on the dot. ( like 38seconds for sector 2 ) shows as 380 image.png.f962f744e207e696a3673dc63981eef9.png

2. comparing against someone glitches out the graph and messes with the driving line image.png.e1944633def360b5841b4ef8e7da441a.png

3. Not entirely sure on this one but graphs go back in time(?)

image.png.45c73b38567f01696e4ec0eafcab6f72.png

• Like 3

couple of questions is this stil ongoing? id love it to give it a try and help out.

i logged into racenet but and clicked the link ps account button but it comes up with this error: Account not linked. The plaform account is already linked to another EA account.

any help?

• Like 1

Hi there,

just found out this topic, I immediately joined, well, this is awesome! 😎
I'm used to run an offline telemetry tool as well but having this online, automatically updated is fantastic. Yes throttle would be nice for the future, but it's a very good starting point here.

About the "Time trial leaderboard" it would be great if one could filter the ranking on aids to compare the laps properly.
Not sure if I'm missing something, is it possible to make a comparison e.g. with another lap in the leaderboard in "Performance analysis"? There's a "select a comparison lap" but it's greyed out.

BTW there's maybe a bug in my Stats, my "races completed" would be 16 and "total race time" 2h11, while I haven't played online at all.

Thanks and keep working on it! ☺️

Regards,
Nuv

Edited by Nuvolarix
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi @hier217, how do you compare two laps?
I was thinking on this but it's greyed out...

Image11.jpg.2644cc5954ca3c431dd06db5f0fec387.jpg

Thanks and have a nice day ☺️
Nuv

My best guess would be its because you need to have friends added on racenet. Do you have any?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, hier217 said:

My best guess would be its because you need to have friends added on racenet. Do you have any?

Actually none yet, I will retry as you say, even if it would mean that is not possible to compare with another laptime in the leaderboard (not being 'friend'), which would be great instead...

Thank you ☺️

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Nuvolarix said:

Actually none yet, I will retry as you say, even if it would mean that is not possible to compare with another laptime in the leaderboard (not being 'friend'), which would be great instead...

Thank you ☺️

if you like you can add me as a test "nyannoying"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Desculpe por possíveis erros de inglês, pois sou brasileiro e não falo inglês com fluência.

Hello everyone!

I had the opportunity to test the tool, and it worked perfectly for me. I didn't notice any bugs during my use.
Codemasters is to be congratulated with this service.

I've also noticed that I can compare laps with friends who play on other platforms, and that's pretty good (although players who play on more than one platform, like PC and Xbox, report differences in game physics).
In a possible cross-platform multiplayer (not in F1 2021, as it only has a few months of life left, but in F1 2022, which should be released in July), the matchmaking system, as well as invitations sent would be carried out by RaceNet, integrated by an EA account?

(I know that cross-platform multiplayer is speculation, but I and some friends of mine who have already tested the service came to the same conclusion, and if it's true, it only has to add more and more to the strengthening of the F1 games community.)

• Like 2

On 2/8/2022 at 1:42 PM, PaulMarrable said:

Hi there,

Hi, in order to improve this new feature, another interesting data to have (already available in the ghost data) would be the current gear, something like in the picture:

Image2.jpg.7561ffd7945bc8c952950468f4d8369a.jpg

It may be less interesting as a 4th graphic in the bottom (also so as not to burden the general view, don't know), but at least the current gear is very interesting IMHO

Thanks and have a nice day ☺️
Nuv

• Like 1

• Codemasters Staff
On 2/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, dwin20 said:

First - glad to see an effort around telemetry!!! @BarryBL

Obviously the first thing would be to compare laps - but I am guessing this is because only the best TT lap is stored on the PS servers. 

Since this is the TT version - obviously fuel load and tyre wear are not needed - but throttle, gear, suspension r/l and f/b are examples of things to think about - which I guess you probably have.

Also in thinking about screen space - PXG Telemetry does a very good job as does Iko Rein's telemetry software. 

Thanks for finally starting this up!

Hey there,

Really, really sorry for the delay, I haven't been checking these forums enough recently! Thanks so much for the feedback.

Rather annoyingly we don't actually get throttle, gear, suspension r/l or f/b from the current Ghost data. We are talking to the F1 teams to see if this is something they might be able to add in the future. I'll mention the screen place to our UI/UX people 🙂

On 2/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, dwin20 said:

Yup, love it! The track is generated from point data rather than a static mesh, so there is some coding to be done, nothing I can't handle though 🙂
I'll get this added to our list of desirable features. Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1