Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Racenet Support BETA - APPLY NOW

BarryBL

• Codemasters Staff
On 2/19/2022 at 5:07 PM, hier217 said:

@PaulMarrable three things i noticed.

1. getting a sector time on the dot. ( like 38seconds for sector 2 ) shows as 380 image.png.f962f744e207e696a3673dc63981eef9.png

2. comparing against someone glitches out the graph and messes with the driving line image.png.e1944633def360b5841b4ef8e7da441a.png

3. Not entirely sure on this one but graphs go back in time(?)

image.png.45c73b38567f01696e4ec0eafcab6f72.png

Ok, eww. Something has certainly gone wrong there! Does this happen on all of your ghost data or is it one weird one?

Regarding point 1, I've added that to the bug list.

Thanks for reporting this stuff! So useful!

• Like 2

• Codemasters Staff
On 2/22/2022 at 1:09 AM, Blackmoon14 said:

couple of questions is this stil ongoing? id love it to give it a try and help out.

i logged into racenet but and clicked the link ps account button but it comes up with this error: Account not linked. The plaform account is already linked to another EA account.

any help?

Ahh, sorry for the delay, been swampped over the last month with the GRID launch stuff. 

Have you tried logging into RaceNet via the PlayStation login button? That should take you to the correct account. If you want it tied to a different EA account, you can go to EA accounts page (find this under settings in RaceNet) and unlink the account, then try to link again. 

I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Codemasters Staff
On 2/23/2022 at 10:12 AM, Nuvolarix said:

Hi there,

just found out this topic, I immediately joined, well, this is awesome! 😎
I'm used to run an offline telemetry tool as well but having this online, automatically updated is fantastic. Yes throttle would be nice for the future, but it's a very good starting point here.

About the "Time trial leaderboard" it would be great if one could filter the ranking on aids to compare the laps properly.
Not sure if I'm missing something, is it possible to make a comparison e.g. with another lap in the leaderboard in "Performance analysis"? There's a "select a comparison lap" but it's greyed out.

BTW there's maybe a bug in my Stats, my "races completed" would be 16 and "total race time" 2h11, while I haven't played online at all.

Thanks and keep working on it! ☺️

Regards,
Nuv

Yeah, the lack of throttle is really frustrating 😞
I'm really hoping it's something we can get for the future, along with some other interesting data.

At the moment you can only compare with your lap times with an EA friend, not anyone on the leaderboard. It is a planned feature, but there's been some slight awkwardness around it.

"
BTW there's maybe a bug in my Stats, my "races completed" would be 16 and "total race time" 2h11, while I haven't played online at all."
I believe this tracks all races (except story mode), not just online. 

Thanks so much for your feedback, this stuff is tremendously useful!

• Like 2

• Codemasters Staff
On 2/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, Nuvolarix said:

Actually none yet, I will retry as you say, even if it would mean that is not possible to compare with another laptime in the leaderboard (not being 'friend'), which would be great instead...

Thank you ☺️

Hello!

Yeah, at the moment it is just EA friends that you can compare too. Full leaderboard comparison is something we want to add, there was just some non-technical weirdness to overcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Codemasters Staff
On 2/23/2022 at 1:04 PM, hier217 said:

if you like you can add me as a test "nyannoying"

I've just sent you a cheeky friend request myself 🙂
I'm dirtyosterich...don's ask about the spelling!

• Like 2

• Codemasters Staff
On 2/25/2022 at 11:49 PM, joaovbelo5 said:

I had the opportunity to test the tool, and it worked perfectly for me. I didn't notice any bugs during my use.
Codemasters is to be congratulated with this service.

Thanks soooo much!

On 2/25/2022 at 11:49 PM, joaovbelo5 said:

In a possible cross-platform multiplayer (not in F1 2021, as it only has a few months of life left, but in F1 2022, which should be released in July), the matchmaking system, as well as invitations sent would be carried out by RaceNet, integrated by an EA account?

(I know that cross-platform multiplayer is speculation, but I and some friends of mine who have already tested the service came to the same conclusion, and if it's true, it only has to add more and more to the strengthening of the F1 games community.)

Unfortunately I can't really comment on any of this.

• Agree 1

• Codemasters Staff
1 hour ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi, in order to improve this new feature, another interesting data to have (already available in the ghost data) would be the current gear, something like in the picture:

Image2.jpg.7561ffd7945bc8c952950468f4d8369a.jpg

It may be less interesting as a 4th graphic in the bottom (also so as not to burden the general view, don't know), but at least the current gear is very interesting IMHO

Thanks and have a nice day ☺️
Nuv

Thanks for the feedback.

Annoyingly gear is another bit of important info we just don't currently get in the ghost data 😞
As with the throttle, we're working with the F1 teams to try and get this added in the future. I love playing with manual gears, so this is particularly annoying for me 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulMarrable said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Annoyingly gear is another bit of important info we just don't currently get in the ghost data 😞
As with the throttle, we're working with the F1 teams to try and get this added in the future. I love playing with manual gears, so this is particularly annoying for me 😞

Hi @PaulMarrable and thanks for all the replies!
From what I can see in my telemetry tool the 'gear data' should be already available, here my TT ghost together with PS WR no aids ghost:

gear_telemetry.thumb.jpg.14b005b502dcada28eccd1ac2e46e188.jpg

On 2/23/2022 at 2:04 PM, hier217 said:

if you like you can add me as a test "nyannoying"

I've just sent you a cheeky friend request myself 🙂
I'm dirtyosterich...don's ask about the spelling!

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Ill add myself on here too - BazzaF1

I have sent my request to all of you ☺️

• Agree 2

"BTW there's maybe a bug in my Stats, my "races completed" would be 16 and "total race time" 2h11, while I haven't played online at all."
I believe this tracks all races (except story mode), not just online. 

It's weird because I absolutely had no race at all except GP mode and LAN mode, but having just completed one more 'GP mode' race today, I have still 16 races in my stats (and same time amount)... 😔

2 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Ill add myself on here too - BazzaF1

Hi,

I can see you among friends there but I cannot compare anything with you, how about you?
Perhaps because of 'private' profile?

Ciao,
Nuv

PS: I'm currently unable also to send you a PM here...

4 hours ago, PaulMarrable said:

Ok, eww. Something has certainly gone wrong there! Does this happen on all of your ghost data or is it one weird one?

Regarding point 1, I've added that to the bug list.

Thanks for reporting this stuff! So useful!

It doesnt happen on all. here an example 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, PaulMarrable said:

Hello!

Yeah, at the moment it is just EA friends that you can compare too. Full leaderboard comparison is something we want to add, there was just some non-technical weirdness to overcome.

Would it be possible to add the logo of the platform the account plays on?

Image2.jpg.7561ffd7945bc8c952950468f4d8369a.jpg.3964cad4de9c2ca1bcca7827058a6542.jpg

In this case I know we're both on PlayStation, so the times are actually comparable. In case of different platform they would be only in an approximate way, it would be useful to know, if possible. Thank you ☺️

• Like 2

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi,

I can see you among friends there but I cannot compare anything with you, how about you?
Perhaps because of 'private' profile?

Ciao,
Nuv

PS: I'm currently unable also to send you a PM here...

Might be because of a advance build im on. Will check tomorrow

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hier217 said:

yes

Ok, I asked because in my (very few) experience, I noticed the cars run smoothly comparing with a friend in the same platform (PS), while trying with you it works quite good but sometimes it’s like your car has a little ‘stop’ (at least from my side), don’t know if it may be related to the refresh which is not continuous yet, or maybe different platform.

However your case must be different…

• Like 1

• Codemasters Staff
9 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

Hi @PaulMarrable and thanks for all the replies!
From what I can see in my telemetry tool the 'gear data' should be already available, here my TT ghost together with PS WR no aids ghost:

gear_telemetry.thumb.jpg.14b005b502dcada28eccd1ac2e46e188.jpg

I believe that it coming from the UDP data, which has far richer data as it doesn't need to be stored on any servers.
I really, really, really want to get to a point where we can plug the live UDP data in, but it's a little awkward as it can't be streamed to a browser.
So would require a desktop app or potentially a phone app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Codemasters Staff
5 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

Would it be possible to add the logo of the platform the account plays on?

Image2.jpg.7561ffd7945bc8c952950468f4d8369a.jpg.3964cad4de9c2ca1bcca7827058a6542.jpg

In this case I know we're both on PlayStation, so the times are actually comparable. In case of different platform they would be only in an approximate way, it would be useful to know, if possible. Thank you ☺️

Ahhh yeah, great idea! In fact, I'm not sure how this was missed, seems obvious now 🙂

Thank you

• Like 2

On 3/1/2022 at 9:32 PM, PaulMarrable said:

Ahh, sorry for the delay, been swampped over the last month with the GRID launch stuff. 

Have you tried logging into RaceNet via the PlayStation login button? That should take you to the correct account. If you want it tied to a different EA account, you can go to EA accounts page (find this under settings in RaceNet) and unlink the account, then try to link again. 

I hope this helps.

ah yeah thanks that did help, i somehow have two accounts which is annoying

• Like 1