Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Racenet Support BETA - APPLY NOW


BarryBL
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/1/2022 at 6:25 PM, Nuvolarix said:

Ok, I asked because in my (very few) experience, I noticed the cars run smoothly comparing with a friend in the same platform (PS), while trying with you it works quite good but sometimes it’s like your car has a little ‘stop’ (at least from my side), don’t know if it may be related to the refresh which is not continuous yet, or maybe different platform.

However your case must be different…

I've seen this on other cars, they appear to stop whilst your car moves cleanly.

I've also seen where the sector times simply don't add up to the laptime. 

If I catch it again, I'll video or screenshot.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

I've seen this on other cars, they appear to stop whilst your car moves cleanly.

I've also seen where the sector times simply don't add up to the laptime. 

If I catch it again, I'll video or screenshot.

I suppose you mean this? 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, hier217 said:

Yes, we may have different braking points because, if I’m not wrong, you use ABS while I do not (or because of different platform?) but this looks “something else”.

Comparing my laps with a friend on PS like me I have not such an issue, confirmed in other tracks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hier217 said:

Yes. It would seem it is the rival car that is affected. If I use a comparison lap of almost any friend, I see this occurring. Could be a PC thing.

I guess consoles have the same options for telemetry? But it would be the rival .gl file that has the issue.

There's not an awful lot of data for one lap (<20kB) @PaulMarrable I guess those files are compressed and stored in that compressed format on the CM servers?

Couldn't be compression / decompression errors? 🤔 Don't have a console to compare filesizes....

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

so after using it a little so far my points:

pros: super simple, easy to use, user friendly, basic, no software necessary.

cons: basic (could use more inputs such as throttle), importing friends list from psn so dont have to find and add people all over again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

 

I saved the same comparison from my side, colours are inverted but you can see in both cases is Ice_Crusherrino car that makes a stop. A PC issue? 

 

Don't really know how the ghost lap data is collected, but I'll hazard a guess;

Basically the game can record the packets received in game from each car as it is updated. This is the basis of how your race replays are created.

IANAP but from ten years playing the game online, you receive packets directly from the car in front and behind and all other packets; from SC (when deployed), AI (when in use, and it seems any time the other players miss packets constantly due to connection issues, they drive) and ALL other drivers.

Your Ghost lap is created from the inputs you make to the game and they are recorded (X,Y,Z co-ordinates and velocity / time), should your game drop packets (performance issues, timing due to non-exclusive use of resources, external factors such as connectivity, etc.) there may be missing samples, the sample rate may be constant or linked to a loop like frametime, the overall raw input may be condensed due to the repetitive nature of some samples or it may be a change / rate of change analysis. 

Compression techniques or re-sampling may introduce anomalies or bad packets might lead to jitter, mis-calculation or rapid course correction like we see here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

1139799862_unknown(8).png.22deb0b8be46f84d5b4833752becfd02.png

 

Hi, I was looking at telemetry and the brake telemetry seems very inaccurate. My brakes are the blue line and as you an see I have either found a way to time travel whilst braking and accurately draw ditto in the braking zones or the telemetry is extremely inaccurate, and im putting money on the latter. If this new feature is to live up to the promise it definitely has then this just isnt good enough and really needs improving.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, first of all i wanna say thanks for this performance analysis tool from racenet, i was hoping for something official, not a third party app, really helpful for me. I know the devs have a lot of work to do, but i am just curious if you have an estimated date when the updates are coming with the possibility to compare with full leaderboard from the time trial list and not only with your friends? And the update with map track markers (50, 100, 150)? Thanks in advance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/2/2022 at 11:23, BarryBL said:

Ti sei mai chiesto dove i tuoi amici stanno recuperando tempo contro di te? Vuoi più disponibilità per te nella tua ricerca della perfezione?

F1 2021 è ora integrato con RaceNet, offrendo ai conducenti l'accesso a più funzionalità che mai. Confronta i tuoi tempi sul giro e gli stili di guida con i tuoi amici e accedi a telemetria e statistiche dettagliate durante il tuo viaggio in F1. Guida per diventare non solo il Campione del Mondo Piloti, ma l'indiscussa CAPRA tra i tuoi amici.

Il primo lotto di test per l'integrazione di RaceNet è limitato a 1000 giocatori per ora, ma lo estenderemo man mano che aggiungeremo più supporto e funzionalità.

Come iscriversi? Segui semplicemente questo: https://racenet-beta.codemasters.com/

 1.jpg

Great tool even if I can not set the comparison lap of a friend of mine .... how can I do it?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2022 at 2:53 PM, AlexTheOne83 said:

Great tool even if I can not set the comparison lap of a friend of mine .... how can I do it?

You need to invite friends to use the comparison. But it is done through EA account names. This needs to change IMO, Steam names, XB Gamertags or PSN usernames.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff

Hi All,

I've managed to get a bit of time to work on the PA tool this week. 
Just posted an update with these changes...

- Fixed car sync issue (the bug where one of the cars jolts into position)

- Added TV POD cam (use zoom out for read wing cam)

- Smoothing of steering and brake bar motion

- Improved performance when updating car position on scrubber.

- Fixed issue where changing track would put the playback speed button out of sync with playback speed

- Fixed issue where adding/changing rival would put the play button out of sync

- Fixed camera judder on free look

- Fixed sector markers occasionally being in incorrect position on play bar

I know there's a lot of other features that have been requested, just juggling a lot of work at the moment. I will try and get back on PA as soon as I can to add as many of the requested features as possible.

Thanks for all your feedback!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PaulMarrable said:

Hi All,

I've managed to get a bit of time to work on the PA tool this week. 
Just posted an update with these changes...

- Fixed car sync issue (the bug where one of the cars jolts into position)

- Added TV POD cam (use zoom out for read wing cam)

- Smoothing of steering and brake bar motion

- Improved performance when updating car position on scrubber.

- Fixed issue where changing track would put the playback speed button out of sync with playback speed

- Fixed issue where adding/changing rival would put the play button out of sync

- Fixed camera judder on free look

- Fixed sector markers occasionally being in incorrect position on play bar

I know there's a lot of other features that have been requested, just juggling a lot of work at the moment. I will try and get back on PA as soon as I can to add as many of the requested features as possible.

Thanks for all your feedback!

Hi @PaulMarrable thank you for the update! I can confirm the sync issue looks fixed now 😎

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff
On 3/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, ToastedVivid said:

 

1139799862_unknown(8).png.22deb0b8be46f84d5b4833752becfd02.png

 

Hi, I was looking at telemetry and the brake telemetry seems very inaccurate. My brakes are the blue line and as you an see I have either found a way to time travel whilst braking and accurately draw ditto in the braking zones or the telemetry is extremely inaccurate, and im putting money on the latter. If this new feature is to live up to the promise it definitely has then this just isnt good enough and really needs improving.

 

Just had a quick look and I can replicate the issue. It appears to be an error with the charts interpolating the data rather than a problem with the actual data.
It should be a simple-ish fix. I will try and have this fixed for the next update. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff
On 3/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, Hempyjr said:

Hi, first of all i wanna say thanks for this performance analysis tool from racenet, i was hoping for something official, not a third party app, really helpful for me. I know the devs have a lot of work to do, but i am just curious if you have an estimated date when the updates are coming with the possibility to compare with full leaderboard from the time trial list and not only with your friends? And the update with map track markers (50, 100, 150)? Thanks in advance.

Can't be 100% sure at the moment TBH, I will have a look at the road map tomorrow and see if I can come up with an ETA. The full leaderboard will probably be first, as the data is already there, we just need to pipe it in.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff
On 3/8/2022 at 1:11 AM, Blackmoon14 said:

so after using it a little so far my points:

pros: super simple, easy to use, user friendly, basic, no software necessary.

cons: basic (could use more inputs such as throttle), importing friends list from psn so dont have to find and add people all over again.

Thanks for the feedback

Yeah, the missing throttle data is really annoying, but there's not much we can do as it just doesn't exist in the ghost data that we use to create this tool 😞

Yeah, importing friends is something we really want to add to the site, I'll post in here when if/when its added.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff
3 hours ago, Nuvolarix said:

Just keeping a strange behaviour at the very end of the lap (at least PS vs PC) but nothing critical...

 

Ahhh, just seen I get this on a couple of tracks too, how annoying.

This is actually a different problem, had a quick look, and it looks like under certain conditions the cars skip to the final frame right at the end of the race.
Will try and get this sorted in the next update.

Thanks for posting this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff
On 2/23/2022 at 10:23 AM, Nuvolarix said:
On 2/19/2022 at 5:07 PM, hier217 said:

@PaulMarrable three things i noticed.

1. getting a sector time on the dot. ( like 38seconds for sector 2 ) shows as 380 image.png.f962f744e207e696a3673dc63981eef9.png

2. comparing against someone glitches out the graph and messes with the driving line image.png.e1944633def360b5841b4ef8e7da441a.png

3. Not entirely sure on this one but graphs go back in time(?)

 image.png.45c73b38567f01696e4ec0eafcab6f72.png

Hi @hier217, how do you compare two laps?
I was thinking on this but it's greyed out...

 

Thanks and have a nice day ☺️
Nuv

I forgot to add it to the notes, but point number 2 should be fixed now. 
I've also fixed points 1 and 3, but I missed the push to production, hoping they'll be in next week.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/29/2022 at 7:02 PM, PaulMarrable said:

Can't be 100% sure at the moment TBH, I will have a look at the road map tomorrow and see if I can come up with an ETA. The full leaderboard will probably be first, as the data is already there, we just need to pipe it in.

@PaulMarrable thanks for all your work so far.

The full leaderboard was a previous Racenet feature. It'd be handy to pull up comparison laps without having to log into the game, especially if the person you want to compare is already in your friends leaderboard.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff

Hi all,

Submitted a tiny update today.

- Fixed charts appearing to go back in time
- Fixed sector digit rounding 
- steering and brake bars now reset when selecting new rival or track

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Codemasters Staff
On 3/21/2022 at 5:12 PM, ToastedVivid said:

 

1139799862_unknown(8).png.22deb0b8be46f84d5b4833752becfd02.png

 

Hi, I was looking at telemetry and the brake telemetry seems very inaccurate. My brakes are the blue line and as you an see I have either found a way to time travel whilst braking and accurately draw ditto in the braking zones or the telemetry is extremely inaccurate, and im putting money on the latter. If this new feature is to live up to the promise it definitely has then this just isnt good enough and really needs improving.

 

This should now be resolved.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! Just found out about this. I've been using telemetry with F1 2021 for a while so am keen to try this out! Hopefully my re-activated EA account can update my username to something more user friendly (d788a39411bd2d578da0e1470a498809)! Thanks for the development of this kind of stuff! 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...