Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Forum Championship | Teams Only Championship

BarryBL

• Administrator

Hi everyone,

We are back for a new season of Forum Championship Racing. Please see below for new ruleset, covering the teams only championship!

Objectives of this season:

• Encourage team racing
  • Always have players fighting for something
  • Encourage recruitment of players in good time
  • A unique concept of F1
  • Bringing back the racing spirit that makes this league unique

Format:

• 1 pre-season race, to be held 11/02/2022 to evaluate skill level. TT times will be held into account if needed
  • Confirmation of team allocation with BarryBL, LSK, UP and StevieJay69. Announced by BarryBL
  • Racing until 08/04/2022, with 7 teams advancing to the season finale
  • Season finale for the highest scoring 7 teams on 22/04/2022, worth double points
  • Eliminated teams are welcome to join and spectate, acting as the stewarding team for finale

Scoring system:

• 20 - 1 for all events
  • +2 for fastest lap
  • +1 for most positions gained in race
  • +1 for pole position
  • Constructors scoring only

Track list:

• 18.02. - Austria
  • 25.02. - Singapore
  • 04.03. - Hungary
  • 11.03. - Imola
  • 18.03. - Brazil
  • 25.03. - Spain
  • 01.04. - Great Britain
  • 22.04. - Canada
  • 29.04. - Belgium (Finale)

(Archive: Track Poll Results)

image.thumb.png.2e146b0fd4ba8d54a62a3b00dc3fccb4.png

Would like to join? Please add your name on this thread and be ready for our qualifying race, 4pm UK Time on 11/02/2022 on Steam. All races are held at 4pm UK Time. 

Discussion and questions can also be below. Hope to see you on track.

Barry

• BarryBL featured this topic

Mind a question or 3:

• how exactly will teammates be chosen / selected / paired?
  • will teammates be locked for all the season after the quali race event, or will that be fluctuating a lot over the season?
  • 10 pairs maximum with 2 drivers each, yes? Or fewer teams of more (reserve drivers?)
  • race format and length will be how / what exactly (forgive if that info is in BarryBL's post, then I simply cant see it)?
  • unfortunately, due to work restrictions and due to us driving so early on (working) days, there is always a chance for me to somehow not make it to the events in time - how to cover that best?
  • anything else to take into account, that might not hit you right when viewing the OP posting? No fun / joker / f2 stuff at all, just regular F1 teams flat out for 10 races?
  • there was some talking going on about voting on the tracks - did I miss that vote, or has that part been ditched?
  • who will want to pair up with a nerd who does forfeit all driver aids on purpose in the first place 😄 ?

12 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Mind a question or 3:

• how exactly will teammates be chosen / selected / paired?
  • will teammates be locked for all the season after the quali race event, or will that be fluctuating a lot over the season?
  • 10 pairs maximum with 2 drivers each, yes? Or fewer teams of more (reserve drivers?)
  • race format and length will be how / what exactly (forgive if that info is in BarryBL's post, then I simply cant see it)?
  • unfortunately, due to work restrictions and due to us driving so early on (working) days, there is always a chance for me to somehow not make it to the events in time - how to cover that best?
  • anything else to take into account, that might not hit you right when viewing the OP posting? No fun / joker / f2 stuff at all, just regular F1 teams flat out for 10 races?
  • there was some talking going on about voting on the tracks - did I miss that vote, or has that part been ditched?
  • who will want to pair up with a nerd who does forfeit all driver aids on purpose in the first place 😄 ?

Ability in evaluation race (or TT if undecided).

Locked I guess, that's the point of teams.

Yes. Reserves can race as a guest scoring points for themselves until they are promoted to a team, then they score team points as well from then on.

Short quali / 50% race, regular F1 core game experience!

Personally I think the track selection is horrific 🙂

I would, we're close on ability I only use the line because practice is a negative for me.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Locked I guess, that's the point of teams.

Yes. Reserves can race as a guest scoring points for themselves until they are promoted to a team, then they score team points as well from then on.

Short quali / 50% race, regular F1 core game experience!

Personally I think the track selection is horrific 🙂

I would, we're close on ability I only use the line because practice is a negative for me.

1. Correct
  2. Correct
  3. Correct
  4. Correct
  5. Free and open to offers on this, just some I picked at random. I'll add a poll today. 
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

Correct

I am too dumb, sorry 🤪 :

We will do a race (or TT) to measure driver skill - ok, and after that, with the results produced, what will happen exactly? Are you pairing the strongest two drivers, then the 2nd strongest two? Or are you looking for weighed teams by pairing the strongest with the weakest driver? And once driver pairs have been set, how will these pairs be assigned to the F1 teams? The strongest driver lineup into Mercedes, or vice versa into Haas, or will it be random by dices 🤪

• Administrator

At random as equal cars. And creating pairings to ensure as closer field as possible by the end of the season. Faster drivers partnered with slower drivers, for example.

• Thanks 1

Note the top picks of the track vote so far:

Belgium, Hungary, Imola, Singapore

Now thats interesting. How odd that only one of these was on the initial roster. Somehow though I have to find a way around Singapore, I always disliked that track. I dont think I ever saw a ranked multiplayer race there. Probably the track I have driven the least on, together with Monaco. When driving Monaco, I just cant keep my breathing in order, after 25-30 laps i am always done, no matter what. 

• BarryBL unfeatured this topic