Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Forum Championship | Teams Only Championship

BarryBL

Curses - I had more business calls during todays pre-season race, than during the whole Friday before. Juggling about with my cellphone and thrustmaster wheel, i clicked the wrong button during the countdown when you "save your whole replay". Curses! Cant even analyze now why I was so slow 😆

Just now, Schneehase said:

Does anyone have a screenshot of the final result of the pre-season race, so we start to speculate which drivers are forming teams and how these teams will translate into the "real" F1 teams?

Yo 🙂 

20220211192719_1.thumb.jpg.07fc2999a9cbecd803a20b354a94919a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Yo 🙂 

Kewl 👍

So part of the teambuilding "problem" - cant make pairs from an uneven number of participants. We fill in other subscribers, that were not present during the race I guess? How many guys in total do we record then, still an uneven number?

Edit - given you guys are aiming to get somewhat even teams (best + worst drivers combine, etc.) it looks like I could end up in a team with BarryBL or Ls_k or StevieJay69 even. Anyone who watched the video of the pre-season race could see that Ls_k and me had pretty closely designed car liveries, completely by chance. That looked really funny during the race. And building a team with BarryBL would be awesome anyways, because we would finally have to find a way not to wheelbump somewhere during all the races 😄 I guess the new "team" season format gives us a chance to work together somewhat between teammates, and I m really looking forward to that to become a better driver.

Edited by Schneehase

So, Baku is sheduled to be the first GP in 5 days from now. However we had a track vote with completely different resuts. Will the shedule be reworked / updated or not, if so when, forgive me but its hard to free one or the other hour during the working week for practice. Thus i hope we avoid any last minute changes or sumsuch.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Schneehase said:

So, Baku is sheduled to be the first GP in 5 days from now. However we had a track vote with completely different resuts. Will the shedule be reworked / updated or not, if so when, forgive me but its hard to free one or the other hour during the working week for practice. Thus i hope we avoid any last minute changes or sumsuch.

Schedule will be reworked yes, doing so today.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, santial28 said:

Question: the DNF result is a factor to consider in the team selection? 

Because nuke and me, were 3rd and 4th before the DNF. 

Yes. True pace is the real indicator I will be working off, as I'm confident that I'm not the 6th fastest driver, especially with @Retentive and Reghinald about. Was more a gauge of level for new players. I kept race director times and have access to TT times for everyone as well to help my findings

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BarryBL said:

I kept race director times and have access to TT times for everyone as well to help my findings

Hehe @BarryBL just dont judge me by my TT times, because I have the hell of a hard time to reproduce these in qualifying let alone in a race. And to be perfectly honest, I have no clue whatsoever where the difference between TT and qualifying comes from, because I am running less fuel in quali than in TT. Its also not the tyre temps and pressures which I focus on. It sometimes feels like a different game, so you better judge by race times than by TT times in my case.

Great you had the voting on the track list, btw. If it just wasnt for that Singapore GP 😄🤢 lol

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Schneehase said:

Hehe @BarryBL just dont judge me by my TT times, because I have the hell of a hard time to reproduce these in qualifying let alone in a race. And to be perfectly honest, I have no clue whatsoever where the difference between TT and qualifying comes from, because I am running less fuel in quali than in TT. Its also not the tyre temps and pressures which I focus on. It sometimes feels like a different game, so you better judge by race times than by TT times in my case.

Great you had the voting on the track list, btw. If it just wasnt for that Singapore GP 😄🤢 lol

Don't worry.

For most drivers, I know the pecking order really, it's mostly for the newer players to the league

21 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Gotta say that the new guys had awesome times around Portimao, kudos.

Qualifying times were really close. 9 drivers within a second apart.

The race was fun, and everyone were really clean, defending position or overtaking.

image.png.d3892214e560a033995b6fbe2bbd5f79.png

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 5:08 PM, Schneehase said:

I also feel I don't qualify as well as I should, but my TT times are pretty close to what I can achieve online.

Use GP mode with equal cars, it's much more representative of what you can do in a race or in qualifying when in multiplayer.

Always set the AI to 100 in qualifying to get an idea of what is a great time, then you know how you stand. In race it varies how good the AI are so anywhere from 80 to 110 is raceable, it just depends then if you are weak at the track. Portimao is nice but I can't seem to really hook it up, it's a weak one for me. I'm hoping to be more competitive at Austria but incidents can just ruin your race. Out of the DRS train you stand no chance, with the wrong strategy, zero chance.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:50 AM, BarryBL said:

And done!

New Calendar (voted on by popularity of poll, spa is the new finale as most votes)

image.png

I approve of the track list. All bar Imola and Silverstone are in my league calendar. The first two I will have raced league first, the others will be good practice opportunities. 👍

On 2/14/2022 at 5:18 PM, Schneehase said:

Gotta say that the new guys had awesome times around Portimao, kudos.

Can you practice Singapore in TT and get much better please. I like using the Racenet comparison, but you haven't put in a competitive lap yet.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Can you practice Singapore in TT and get much better please. I like using the Racenet comparison, but you haven't put in a competitive lap yet.

First things first, as i need a driveable setup (and camera setup) for Austria for tomorrow. We can talk Singapore after the weekend 😁

• BarryBL unfeatured this topic