Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Forum Championship | Teams Only Championship

BarryBL

• Administrator
8 hours ago, ss1bmf1 said:

I'm available to race on fridays, either on the free slot, or in rotation if someone could't attend. Thanks! 

Nice! Feel free to add me on Steam and ill add you to the group on steam

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Are we dropping Russia on 08/04 for an alternate venue? 🙂 Will be dropped from F1 2022 by the FIA/Liberty I am certain. Turkey is being considered (rumoured).

At the request of forum League player Yes, replaced by Spain as the next most voted venue.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 10:50 AM, BarryBL said:

And done!

New Calendar (voted on by popularity of poll, spa is the new finale as most votes)

image.png

Can we have the updated (sans Russia) calendar embedded in the OP please? Consequently, I practiced Mexico today which rather explains why I found Singapore difficult with a Mexico setup. Plus the fact that every race seems to start the same way. Plus I got a DT penalty when the game glitched around the SC.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Can we have the updated (sans Russia) calendar embedded in the OP please? Consequently, I practiced Mexico today which rather explains why I found Singapore difficult with a Mexico setup

Yeah I got fooled as well 😅

Added the track list to the original message, and it is now also shown on top of the track votes

• Thanks 2

• Administrator

Basic Rules of Forum Championship:

·         Standard F1 rules of engagement on track. This includes and is not limited to: Excessive blocked and weaving, general levels of overtake aggression, and movement in braking zones.

·         Players, if possible, can record races with the view to review incidents if needed. However, we are a league who welcome players of different abilities, so please cater for this. Stewards will make decisions based off ‘unreasonable doubt’ when issuing reprimands, penalty points and bans.

·         Abuse of players, stewards or administrators is strictly prohibited and will be classed as a serious offence. This could involve points deductions, bans or removal from the league

·         Please recover to track in a way that does not impede others as much as possible. Be patient.

·         *NEW* Safety Car – Please keep AI driving under the Safety Car to a minimum. You will be responsible for all actions of your car, even if this phase.

·         *NEW* Reset to Track is prohibited, as it’s an unfair feature for the league. Using this will force removal and disqualification from the league.

·         Please ensure you have done all possible to have the best connection possible. This will include port forwarding, wired connection, no VPN, or modifications to the game. Any questions, please contact the league administrator on this.

·         Respect the rules of the current championship. We are a league who try to run F1 2021 in different ways and with different concepts to focus on involvement and fun for all players. Be open to Joker races, changes of formats and we will, in turn, consider new and ambitious ideas from you.

·         Mass disconnections of races – In the rare instance this happens, and you notice this happen, please get a screenshot of race standings if possible. Race administrators will check the standings and decide whether to restart or allocate a %age of points accordingly.

Forgot to add these a while ago. Apologies.

• Agree 2

On 2/7/2022 at 12:03 PM, BarryBL said:

Track list:

• 18.02. - Austria
  • 25.02. - Singapore
  • 04.03. - Hungary

@BarryBLsince there was no reply in steam chat to this topic: forgive me for asking again here, but do we stick to the calendar above and will we race in Hungary this Friday? Or do you follow the request of a player to swap Hungary with Imola? If so, please let us know in advance instead of a last minute surprise. Thanks!

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Schneehase said:

@BarryBLsince there was no reply in steam chat to this topic: forgive me for asking again here, but do we stick to the calendar above and will we race in Hungary this Friday? Or do you follow the request of a player to swap Hungary with Imola? If so, please let us know in advance instead of a last minute surprise. Thanks!

We will continue with the program as planned. Russia being the obvious substitute. 

• Thanks 1

Gz @hier217 for an impressive win. 

Thanks guys for posting your dashcams - interesting, lap 1 from Blackbirds POV, he is reentering into the chicane (bit "unsafe") and the game is ghosting him.

Question to our hosts: Is that on purpose, I would think we have "ghosting off" in our league? Or is this a "bug" or behaviour of the game, that can not be prevented?

22 hours ago, Schneehase said:

Thanks guys for posting your dashcams - interesting, lap 1 from Blackbirds POV, he is reentering into the chicane (bit "unsafe") and the game is ghosting him.

Question to our hosts: Is that on purpose, I would think we have "ghosting off" in our league? Or is this a "bug" or behaviour of the game, that can not be prevented?

The game considered me out of track so it ghosted me.

On 3/5/2022 at 1:14 PM, Schneehase said:

Eternal debate. Ghosting Off is an issue when cars are lapped. They have to respect the blue flags and not race the car ahead. 

Example Ocon on Verstappen, Brazil 2018. I'd have responded in kind physically, Max just got a bit handbags with him.

• Administrator
On 3/5/2022 at 1:14 PM, Schneehase said:

Ghosting is set to 'Off' in race setup

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Eternal debate. Ghosting Off is an issue when cars are lapped. They have to respect the blue flags and not race the car ahead. 

Overtaking as a lapped driver is and should be allowed. The Ocon Verstappen thing was a bit of a weird one, and I think the decision on the penalty could've been different with a different set of stewards

There are a couple of examples of drivers unlapping themselves properly, such as Vettel vs Kobayashi

20 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Ghosting Off is an issue when cars are lapped. They have to respect the blue flags and not race the car ahead. 

With ghosting off you just drive through them. While a ghosted car is under rules of blue flag, it still can be penalized for breaching it. 

On 3/7/2022 at 3:28 PM, UP100 said:

Overtaking as a lapped driver is and should be allowed. The Ocon Verstappen thing was a bit of a weird one, and I think the decision on the penalty could've been different with a different set of stewards

There are a couple of examples of drivers unlapping themselves properly, such as Vettel vs Kobayashi

I'm in the rare instance of me agreeing with Seb 😄

Lapped cars have to have a sustained pace advantage to 

a) make a clean pass

b) hold the advantage

otherwise it's just unnecessary. If the roles are reversed, i.e. a lapped Red Bull unlapping itself from a Caterham, you'd think it was sustainable. 

Ocon was just a plum though. He should be keeping his powder dry (don't get into high profile incidents). He didn't have a significant speed advantage, he was 'racing' Verstappen. But should not be, as he is a lap down. I'd have DSQ'ed him personally.

• 2 weeks later...
  • BarryBL unfeatured this topic