Jump to content Jump to content

Stuttering in both Grid 2 and Autosport. *USUAL FIXES DO NOT HELP*

I have the old classic Codemasters Stuttering problem with both games. In Grid 2 the first race I play the game runs buttery smooth at max settings, then about halfway through the next race the stuttering kicks in making it unplayable, even after resetting the game. Even the menu stutters. In Autosport it stutters straight away. Pc specs are GTX 780 ti, i5 2500k, 8 GB DDR 3 Ram, 128 GB SSD, game installed on a mechanical drive, newest drivers installed. Reinstalled the game multiple times and on different drives - didn't help. Tried the junctioning replay folder to another drive - didn't help. Tried making the replay files read only - didn't help. Edited the config settings - didn't help. The only possible fix I can see left is to install my OS on a mechanical drive.. a ridiculous solution to get 2 games from one developer running. Apparently this is a long standing problem from F1 2011... how can you not bother to fix your game engine for that length of time?

I have the old classic Codemasters Stuttering problem with both games. In Grid 2 the first race I play the game runs buttery smooth at max settings, then about halfway through the next race the stuttering kicks in making it unplayable, even after resetting the game. Even the menu stutters. In Autosport it stutters straight away. Pc specs are GTX 780 ti, i5 2500k, 8 GB DDR 3 Ram, 128 GB SSD, game installed on a mechanical drive, newest drivers installed. Reinstalled the game multiple times and on different drives - didn't help. Tried the junctioning replay folder to another drive - didn't help. Tried making the replay files read only - didn't help. Edited the config settings - didn't help. The only possible fix I can see left is to install my OS on a mechanical drive.. a ridiculous solution to get 2 games from one developer running. Apparently this is a long standing problem from F1 2011... how can you not bother to fix your game engine for that length of time?
When you created the 'Read Only' text file did you make sure to remove the .txt file extension?  My file extensions were hidden so when I originally created the "replay.pbf" (I also created replay30.pbf and replay60.pbf text files also) it was still coming up as a text file (replay.pbf.txt).  After removing the file extension the game seems to be running fine.  I'll let you know if that changes though.

I've got the same problem.

First of all my specs:

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2,67GHz
6,0GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
No SSD drive, just normal 1TB HDD.
Thrustmaster F430 FF Racing Wheel

Even if I start, the game runs smoothly at 60fps at very high settings.
I go for an Event, Race / Qualifying / Training and drive for about 3-5 rounds
everything seems to be ok and the game is lots of fun!

But after these 3-5 rounds my game starts to stutter... i have little FPS drops every 10-15 seconds.
These FPS drops are constantly, even if I quit the race and go to the menu. The game is still stuttering.

I have tried nearly everything. I got the newest Nvidia driver, deactivate nearly every background progams, got the newest windows updates, and just switch the Graphic options to the lowest possible, but even then i have the same problem. It's really annoying and makes the game nearly unplayable for me.

I have contacted the Codemasters Support.

They told me to deactivate Anti-Virus and to deinstall every program that creates virtual drives ( like Nero, demon toos, clone cd etc.)

I did both but i still got the same problem.

So I'm hoping that perhaps someone has finding an solution for this ?

/\ /\ /\
this is running on 
- Intel i7 920 2.6ghz (stock clock) 8 thread 4 core
- Asus P6t Deluxe
- Corsair hydro h100
- Corsair Dominator 18gb DDR 3 1600mhz
- EVGA 760 GTX SC 2Gb   | Drivers currently on :  beta 340.43
- Creative SoundBlaster x-fi platinum fatal1ty champion series
- Samsung 24" 1920x1080 res 2ms monitors x2 (dual)
- 3x Samusung 1TB 7200rpm sata II    ( ALL Games are installed to a second 1tb drive )
    Vsync is on and perfect 60fps . even whilst recording

B1ohazard , this sounds like and codi know it is.. a memory issue. let me attempt to aid you.

1. what is your pagefile ?  
i run mine at 34293mb .
2. installing & running your game on C: (master drive) ?
 i have always stated that i find  better performace running games from a secondary drive. ( logic behind this is that whilst C: (master) is busy for all background windows and other apps having the game read/write slows it down, having it seperate is better )
3. what av/firewall are you using?  (memory access)
 the game makes changes on install to the windows firewall. but if you are running your own firewall you need to add entries.

as i recently found out . after the installation of 03/07/14 patch my av/firewall comodo didnt like the game and was throughing it out the window. due to the patch making changes to how the game read/writes and acess the memory. so create your own custom rules in firewalls & av. so ie comodo you will need to create a custom rule in "hips" for it to have free access to your harddrive, memory and internet (this is at your own risk) my self i have entered it via active process and gridautosport.ext set to "trusted application" ..

the game every second is looking and saving to the drive aswell as chatting on the internet even in singleplayer. av and firewalls if you do not give rules will slow the game.

Hope this helps any Q's fire at me

Drayke

For Grid AutoSport black screen issues click "here"
A fix for Grid 2 that may help click "here"

and my Youtube Grid Videos Discussion

I too had horrible stuttering problems with GRID 2, since purchasing it day 1.  For the longest time, it was so stuttery, it was unplayable.  And I have tried every workaround that I could find on the internet.  EVERY ONE.  To no avail.

So today, an AMD FX4100 Quad-Core @3.6gHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM, GeForce GT630 4GB, became an 8-Core FX8350 @ 4gHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM and a  GeForce GTX660 3BG, and brought a slight improvement.  It became playable, but still way too laggy to be fun, and winning a race on anything but very-easy, was nearly impossible due to the lag.

All other games (Watchdogs, BF4, CoD Ghosts, etc.) are on ULTRA HIGH settings and run beautifully.  So, I decided to uninstall and re-install on one of my other drives.  VIOLA!!!

It works!  On ULTRA HIGH settings!  It's beautiful!  It's fun!  And...all day long, I won 4 out of 5 races on HARD.

Codemasters:  fix your mistakes already.  Sheesh.  But, now that it works, I am sooooooo happy!

• 1 month later...