Jump to content Jump to content

Just what the hell?

New update. As usual that means everything that was almost working now doesn't. Handling characteristics have changed so much I've had to alter settings that have been in place for the past year. So far I've gone from a 70% win rate to maybe 10%. I'm up against opponents whose best lap times are three seconds slower than mine but as soon as the race starts, they're at the first corner three seconds before I get there. And to add insult to injury.... I was stupid enough to pay money to upgrade parts. For what? Did nothing. If anything, all it did was pit me against even faster cars. 

I feel your pain. 
I just races against an opponent. Grid start at Singapore. His time was TEN seconds slower then mine, so I thought, easy win if I race smooth and avoid stupid ai. 
Race start, and everybody flies off and disappears. I don’t hit walls, race smooth, and best his ‘best’ time by over 1 second but he still beats me by 4 seconds, 

So he ups his best time by 5 seconds instantly. Come on, that’s stupid. 

• Agree 1

Ad sprint duel at Singapore on the start, the arms of my driver suddenly go up and I can not control the car any more....HANDSUP WHAT THE ****! I quit with a DNF and back on the mainpage I notice that the hands of the driver are still up!!! What is the matter with this game???

Screenshot_20220218-172636_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruddman said:

I feel your pain. 
I just races against an opponent. Grid start at Singapore. His time was TEN seconds slower then mine, so I thought, easy win if I race smooth and avoid stupid ai. 
Race start, and everybody flies off and disappears. I don’t hit walls, race smooth, and best his ‘best’ time by over 1 second but he still beats me by 4 seconds, 

So he ups his best time by 5 seconds instantly. Come on, that’s stupid. 

Don’t tell me you’re surprised. If they focus on adding childish BS custom car stickers, an event nobody cares about and a new track that can only be raced for a week. That says about all you need to know about where their priorities are. It’s clearly not about improving the race experience. So expect nothing, since they just don’t care. 

All the bugs mentioned here, I haven’t experienced those at all. Strange. For me the game works better so far than before. I like the correct lap times now and the sector times colors is a nice addition as well. Also the challenge notifications only show up now when there are really some to claim. Only one thing has become worse, the fact that you can’t fast forward all rewards from a challenge reward. The parts can be skipped, but now you have to separately skip the tokens and parts. But ok, I can live with that. 

Duel is the same old BS like before. It looked like the first 10 races it had become better, but then 10 races in a row that were clearly non human opponents. Behhhh! 👎

Edited by RubiconXX78

6 hours ago, RubiconXX78 said:

Don’t tell me you’re surprised. If they focus on adding childish BS custom car stickers, an event nobody cares about and a new track that can only be raced for a week. That says about all you need to know about where their priorities are. It’s clearly not about improving the race experience. So expect nothing, since they just don’t care. 

All the bugs mentioned here, I haven’t experienced those at all. Strange. For me the game works better so far than before. I like the correct lap times now and the sector times colors is a nice addition as well. Also the challenge notifications only show up now when there are really some to claim. Only one thing has become worse, the fact that you can’t fast forward all rewards from a challenge reward. The parts can be skipped, but now you have to separately skip the tokens and parts. But ok, I can live with that. 

Duel is the same old BS like before. It looked like the first 10 races it had become better, but then 10 races in a row that were clearly non human opponents. Behhhh! 👎

I'm not surprised that they think new decals are more important than realistic playability. (Unless they did a survey that only 11 year olds* responded to) They never have shown the slightest interest in improving the only aspect of the game that players actually want. No, that's not true. They did address the issue of being pushed off the road by ghosting opponents and for that I am grateful. After a couple of days of tweaking things like steering response and stability assists (which I didn't need before) I'm back to feeling the car responds as it was before. 

*My apologies if you're 11.

Here's a picture of my opponent's "car."  I believe it's a custom rig (I don't believe it's supposed to be a Ferrari).  In any event, clearly that team has some budget issues or maybe their using a "lightweight" card I'm not familiar with. 😁  Unfortunately, after taking the screenshot I got the ol' RECONNECTING.  Would have loved to see how that thing performed.  

Screenshot_20220219-101648_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

I do like the dirt on the tyres though when you run off track. I saw it very clearly when I was on a grid start after the update and didn’t even make the start line when I was smashed sideways off track and hit the wall meaning a DNF’d. 

Awesome update and feature to see the dirt on the tyres that clean off when you regain the track. IF you regain the track. 

On 2/20/2022 at 3:56 AM, Ruddman said:

The ghosting issue has been fixed? Nobody told my opponents as they repeatedly smash me off the track. I’ve been thinking it’s actually worse. Not better. 

I'm comparing it to back when it was V1 with no ghosting and a grid start or sprint was dodge 'em cars. A battle just to make it to the first corner.

My current issue is this. I have no incentive to play. All of my parts need around 120 upgrades as do most of my Chassis. My win/loss ratio has gone from 70% to 50% and I'm just bouncing in and out of my current Diamond level. For me the game has stagnated. No game designer with any skill should allow this to happen.

Another thing some of you may not know. There was a time when staff from Codemasters would converse with us here. I don't know if he's still around, but Chris Groves would jump in and address our concerns. Now they are a company unhinged from their customers.

I'll go and play RR3 for a while. Take my frustration out on 10 laps of Le Mans.

Edited by Dr Zaius

On 2/20/2022 at 4:39 PM, Dr Zaius said:

I'm comparing it to back when it was V1 with no ghosting and a grid start or sprint was dodge 'em cars. A battle just to make it to the first corner.

That's changed? I've never seen it so bad. I've been DNF's more times off the start than I ever had. Ghosting doesn't exist in anything other than Qualifying, although I've seen some find a way around that too. 

Grid starts have become an all time joke. Pointless.