Jump to content Jump to content

[XBOX ONE] F1 2015 - NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS10 UPDATE

APHAS

I wonder if someone can help me on this one.
I bought F12015 last saturday, played a bit and was having quite some fun. Monday my Xbox was updated to window 10 and after that all game sound was gone! I've hard reseted the console, and I even reinstalled the game. Neither has solved the problem.
I'm very dispointed, I've already searched the forum and posted some questions but received no answer.

Im not sure why it changed but I just had another play with the audio settings. In the audio output (if you're using hdmi) make sure the hdmi audio is on which setting you prefer but turn off optical output and turn bitstream format to off. After that I went straight into the game and amazingly I had sound again.  ☺☺☺☺

Hi Minion, thank you for your reply. I cant reproduce your formula, it doesnt seem to work for me. Ca you be more specific? I tried all combinations of audio settings I could remeber, with and without the game running, and nothing works. I kept the in game audio settings in auto. 
I' m very surprised that nobody from codemasters as anything to say about this, I'm feeling some how abandoned.

Hi everybody, unfortunately it seems that Minion's workaround doesnt work for anybody else. 
I URGE codemasters to do something about it, its not aceptable to being simply ignored.
Can we have any hope that someone is going to solve this issue or are you going to let down Xbox One version ?

PLEASE! we customers want answer. For some of us its been like 2 weeks without being able to use your product!

Its simply NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Okay, here's the complete audio and visual setup on my system.  

VIDEO OUTPUT. 
TV resolution - 1080p
TV Connection - HDMI
Colour Depth - 24 Bits
Colour Space - Pc RGB
Allow 50Hz

VOLUME
Sound mixer - Halfway
Chat mixer - Reduce other sounds by 50%
Change volume with voice by 1 Step

AUDIO OUTPUT
Hdmi - Stereo uncompressed
Optical audio - Off
Bitstream format - Off.

I recommend that you do a complete reset of these settings before applying them and unintelligible / reinstall the game and hopefully it works for you guys. 

VIDEO OUTPUT. 
TV resolution - 1080p
TV Connection - HDMI
Colour Depth - 36 Bits
Colour Space - Standard
Allow 50Hz

VOLUME
Sound mixer - Halfway
Chat mixer - Reduce other sounds by 50%
Change volume with voice by 1 Step

AUDIO OUTPUT
Hdmi - Off
Optical audio - Bitstream
Bitstream format - Dolby Digital.

Hi Cologini, just a couple of questions...

Did you have to reinstall the game or just modified the settings?

Did you reboot the console after changing settings?

Do you have a game disk or a digital version?

TIA

Hi guys, my duty to close this issue, I guess...

I've tried Cologini's approach and it works. I believe that what does the trick are the volume settings, the others initially advanced by Minion I did try earlier and weren't enough.

Two notes, I could note change  color depth to 36 bits, the screen went black for a while and returned to 24 bits. I didn't have to reset the console or reintall the game.

Many thanks to Minion and to Cologini for solving it up, much disapointed with codemasters for the total lack of support!

• 1 year later...

Archived