Jump to content Jump to content

F1 Cards/Car Setup

Hi,

I have been playing F1 Mobile since 2019, can I trouble you to give me a breakdown of all the screens and numbers please, because I’m terribly  confused as to what’s going on, I’ve circled the figures in question in the files I’ve sent to you. Should I be changing each setup each race?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I’m struggling to get to league 0. 

I’ve recently thrown £70 at this game, I am absolutely caining it, I’ve come to realise although I do love the game & gameplay that it is actually gambling, the £70 gained me over 600,000 credits, I promptly threw it into the car setup and lost very race when trying to gain access league 1. 

I have managed to gain access to league 1, now I’m struggling with gaining access to league 0, every match I get is way over my level and they are cheating by crashing into me, they don’t slow down when they hit the sand or go off track, yet as soon as I hit the sand or go off the sticky stuff, I immediately ground to a halt, blatant cheating and I’m throwing my hard earned cash into this game, its not right or fair.

Is it likely we will have support for complete controller use to navigate the whole game, meaning menus and buttons to start the races?

Couple of bugs:

On the results page once I’ve won, it says we have gained 10 “points”, yet on the garage page it gives me a 100 points. 

Graphics are missing in this update, on the start race page, you can see the driver, the chassis is missing. 

I hope to hear from you soon

Stay well, stay safe 👍🏻👍🏻😀😷

Mark

Car Setup 1

Car Setup 2

Car Setup 3

Hi Mike, 

Firstly, welcome, happy first post day an all. I'll try my best to answer all your questions. 

Lets start with the pictures, The first one with the Williams car. The slots which aren't unlocked are aligned to your chassis level which in this case is the Williams chassis which only is Lvl 6 and you have 19/300. in order to get the other 3 locked slots opend you have to level up the chassis by getting williams chassis cards. 

The numbers under the cards are effectively the level of that card which is aligned to the details you see in the top left of the part cards. What that means is the higher the level the card the higher those numbers in the top left of each part card would be. So for example the part card which you have the circles around is level 4 and the output is 91 power and 43 lightweight. I have the same card on my setup however it is level 5 and gives me 94 power and 45 lightweight. 

The final part on this picture is the number in the yellow boxes, that is aligned to the 57/58. All this means is you can setup your car to a maximum of 58 points which are the yellow boxes.

In conclusion, level up your chassis to unlock the slots. The cards you select can add up to a max of 58 (yellow boxes) and the performance cards change your PI which is on the right and effects how good your car is. 

PIC 2- The current is the card you have clicked on which is attached to your car. The "In use" is also being used in the same setup. The other points you have made are the exact explanations above in regards to the first Pic.

PIC 3- the figures in red is saying that part is worse than the part you have on already and in what areas is it worse. In this case your regular part is -35 power and -8 lightweight worse than what you already have on the car. You want the maximum PI you can get.

• You can't change setup each race as there's no guarantee on where you are racing or if it is a qualifying, sprint race or grid start.

Alot of us use either the Mercedes Chassis or Red Bull Chassis as they are the best cars available, I can't say I've struggled to get to the pro league champion level. What assists do you use? can you show me your lap records? 

There's lots of bugs which unfortunately we've complained many times about and nothing seems to be done about them, they just get worse sadly.

Anyhow, hopefully i've answer the majority of your questions, please do ask if you have anymore!

Martin! 

Hi Mark,

All else being equal, power makes the biggest difference in the speed of your car, so you should try to max that out. You should next concentrate on aero, and then lightweight.  I'd pay no attention to handling and braking.

Below is a picture of my setup. It is fast.  I have each driving assist set at 1. I've tried 0 braking assist, but I find that I lose control of the car too often. If I could manage to tame 0 braking assist, my setup would be even faster (I presume scary fast).

Code Masters (CM) does provide answers to some of your questions. You can access the Help & Support menu by clicking on the "gear wheel" at the top right of the home screen. Check the FAQs under NEW - R&D for explanations on chasis levels, card slots, points, etc.

Finally, regarding your comment about opponents seemingly going off track without consequence, CM attempts to provide an answer to why players are not being penalized for going off track in the DUEL MODE tab of the Help & Support section.  Their explanation has something to do with "Rubber Banding."  To me, given the amount of AI bot shenanigans I've experienced in this game, I find this explanation to be rather convenient for CM.  Maybe some players out there have game coding experience and can corroborate the existence of rubber banding, but I have a feeling it's a bunch of malarkey. If there's one thing I hate about this game, it's how unrealistic it is on some tracks (I'm especially looking at you Suzuka) for ever so slightly putting a tire on the grass--all of a sudden, the braking capabilities defy the laws of physics!

Screenshot_20220222-095757_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-095439_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-095452_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-095542_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N
Slight correction

7 hours ago, Mark Bowden said:

@IHATEF1MOBILE,

Hi, thanks for the insight, that is a great help, here are my screenshots you requested.

Lap times 1

Lap times 2

Assists

The big thing for you to improve is to lower those assists. That will instantly make you quicker. I would start to move down to medium then change to custom. I'm currently running 0 Braking, 1 Steering and 2 Stability. Most people in here i've spoken to, have the same assists but some go even further. The assists are holding you back with lap records. I reckon if you lower those assists you'll improve your lap times by 3/4 seconds if not more

Also take a look at the basic setup of the Williams in career mode and then proceed proportionally with the numbers.  More power does not always mean that you go faster.  Arrow and Lightweight play a big role.  For example, I drive the RB16b with a lot of lightweight. Look at the defferentces of the cars setup in Carreer mode.

• 2 months later...

HI everyone, I’ve been caining this game like there is no tomorrow.  

Soooo, I’m finally in the Champion section of the Pro League in primarily the Ferrari SF21 but I’m not making any headway into it, my Ferrari setup is quick, obviously not quick enough to make a mark.

99664461-2E0D-457A-8B8F-7F18DBCDC1C8.thumb.png.6371b03c20e57e08eb6d3fb692e30d76.png

My “Private Constructors” car has just levelled up to its max at 10

E4554E0C-E328-456A-A65D-96492DDAF81D.thumb.png.03d9dc4f766d069a814bdbb1dfda7b7b.png

Is the TR Custom car more powerful and quicker than the Ferrari or not?

AD212E13-D1AF-44A2-9973-1D00CED65E5C.thumb.png.62420f86dfbad2070ca9d1f957f40413.png

What are all those red figures meaning, what are they a comparison too?

I’m reluctant to spend that 200k plus the cost of upgrading the cards on some thing that is not going to benefit me.

Again any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Hello,

In addition to the TR car, I also have the Ferrari, Red Bull, and Mercedes.  In my experience, the Merc is the fastest.  Indeed, go to the Shop section and look at the chasis numbers for the stock cars; "off the shelf" the Merc is highest in power and aero. The RB is highest in weight, but I don't believe that is enough to make up for the difference in power/aero combo.

Think about it for a moment: CM is in business to make money.  Both the RB and Merc cost the most to purchase. They are the fastest cars in base form, and it only gets better from there as you add/upgrade parts. I imagine that CM is hoping that at some point you get tired of being beaten by RBs and Mercs and that you capitulate and buy one or the other . . . or better yet, both. 

The TR car scores high in braking and handling, neither of which, in my experience, increases a car's speed.  Since your Ferrari's power and aero are higher than that of your TR car, the Ferrari is more powerful and should be quicker.

I've tried to figure out what those red numbers are intended to indicate, but I'm still at a loss. 

If speed/quickness was the only thing I was interested in, personally I would not bother to continue to throw resources at the TR car,  and would focus on the Ferrari instead, or consider acquiring the RB or Merc.  The Ferrari was the first car I purchased to see if there was any difference compared to the TR car . . . and there was. I then got the RB and finally the Merc.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd go straight to the Merc.

This is just my opinion based on my experience, I'm sure there are other views out there. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

When the 2022 cars drop, I wonder if the Mercs will be still be as fast as the Red Bulls? Will the Ferrari get a performance boost?  I'm pretty sure the media release mentioned that performance would reflect the actual 2022 cars.

14 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

When the 2022 cars drop, I wonder if the Mercs will be still be as fast as the Red Bulls? Will the Ferrari get a performance boost?  I'm pretty sure the media release mentioned that performance would reflect the actual 2022 cars.

Yep that’s what it stated. I stopped gathering extra Mercedes’ chassis parts in the 2021 career mode, because I expect that I would want the RB chassis in the 2022 version, so I’ve started gathering more RB parts so I have a flying start whenever the 2022 version releases. Or maybe Ferrari, depends on how this develops in real F1. I expect the RB and Ferrari chassis to be equally quick in the 2022 version. We’ll see.  

12 hours ago, RubiconXX78 said:

Yep that’s what it stated. I stopped gathering extra Mercedes’ chassis parts in the 2021 career mode, because I expect that I would want the RB chassis in the 2022 version, so I’ve started gathering more RB parts so I have a flying start whenever the 2022 version releases. Or maybe Ferrari, depends on how this develops in real F1. I expect the RB and Ferrari chassis to be equally quick in the 2022 version. We’ll see.  

I wonder how they'll accomplish this. Will the top tier cars now be RB and Ferrari with Mercedes down with McLaren? Will the parts configuration and the number of available slots change as well? Ferrari has had the most aero with RB the most Lightweight.