Jump to content Jump to content

PS4 Patch - Update 26th November

Lozzy

• Codemasters Staff

Hi everyone, unfortunately we’ve found an issue during testing that means we’re not going to be able to release the PS4 patch ahead of this weekend’s Grand Prix as we had originally planned. Our cut off to submit to Sony was 11am GMT and despite our best efforts we’ve not been able to solve the problem to our satisfaction. We’re disappointed to miss the deadline we had set ourselves but ultimately releasing a patch that introduces new problems is not acceptable.

The Xbox One patch release should not be affected by this delay.

We thank you for your continued patience and we will update you once we have further news.

Lozzy said:

Hi everyone, unfortunately we’ve found an issue during testing that means we’re not going to be able to release the PS4 patch ahead of this weekend’s Grand Prix as we had originally planned. Our cut off to submit to Sony was 11am GMT and despite our best efforts we’ve not been able to solve the problem to our satisfaction. We’re disappointed to miss the deadline we had set ourselves but ultimately releasing a patch that introduces new problems is not acceptable.

We thank you for your continued patience and we will update you once we have further news.

Shock!!

Lozzy said:

Oooooooooooh drew the short straw sir??

Now you can find out if everyone is as forgiving as they say they are when it comes to quality versus speed to market.

• Codemasters Staff
We need to get to the bottom of the problem, then we can think about new dates. Once we've done that we will know when we can submit to Sony and when the patch will be out. I know it's frustrating not to know exactly but we're in a no win situation by saying something now if we're not sure we can achieve it. We're talking days though not weeks.

I'll sort the patch notes out soon and get them posted. I'd rather spend my time getting the problems fixed so we can release it than telling you what's in something we can't yet release.

Chazy90 said:
Better than releasing a patch, that breaks more stuff :)
You won't be saying that when we get it after Christmas 
right now the biggest problem we've had on the F1 league is the yellow flag glitch through 2 rounds on AOR. i'm more than happy to wait for the patch to be perfected rather than get one that breaks something and screws up the online racing. There's been minimal lag despite having people from all over Europe and a Canadian and track limits are dealt with through recordings while we patiently wait for the new track limit rules. Right now online is as stable as its been so far and people can race wheel to wheel, all thats needed is for codemaster to fix a few bugs, work on the netcode a bit to make it even more stable and lag free and give us the new penalty system. Hopefully the patch is out next week

• Codemasters Staff
cfiore124 said:
Well I guess I was right, and won't have to eat any crow. I wish I could say I am shocked but I'm not. What a joke, we'll get our "in season" update etc after the season is over.
You would prefer a broken update? I'm sure I can arrange that for you if you like.

Lozzy said:
cfiore124 said:
Well I guess I was right, and won't have to eat any crow. I wish I could say I am shocked but I'm not. What a joke, we'll get our "in season" update etc after the season is over.
You would prefer a broken update? I'm sure I can arrange that for you if you like.
No we'd prefer the game was right from day one. No offense.

Not being able to check the weekend weather is very frustrating. I was hoping it would be included in a further patch but I am afraid it won't. I don't consider it a feature since we already had that in previous games. I bet this addition wouldn't require much work from you (Am I wrong ?). Please advise if we can still expect that to be added into F1 2015 or if that's something for F1 2016 only. Thank you!

ffigueir said:
Not being able to check the weekend weather is very frustrating. I was hoping it would be included in a further patch but I am afraid it won't. I don't consider it a feature since we already had that in previous games. I bet this addition wouldn't require much work from you (Am I wrong ?). Please advise if we can still expect that to be added into F1 2015 or if that's something for F1 2016 only. Thank you!
I agree, besides all the issues, this is something that disappointed me a lot, first we had the free practices gone, now they returned but without the proper weather forecast.

Lozzy is this planned to be still included in 2015?

Archived