Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"cars and tracks" Less longitudinal grip for the cars.

There's too much longitudinal grip for me, the cars don't lose traction on slippery surface (even with the right setup) when you burying the throttle. It's like a kind of traction control try to keep it away from losing grip even with all the driving helps on off position. Thanks to Tony for is help.

Rally cars should be understeery , I am sorry but the issue is your driving, you can't just turn and expect the car to go sideways...

Hell yeah, bring on the need for throttle control!!!

Never fear the oversteer 

Rally cars should be understeery , I am sorry but the issue is your driving, you can't just turn and expect the car to go sideways...
You're wrong and you don't understand what I mean, I know the car should not oversteer by simply turning the driving wheel, but once you've done a side to side transfert and put back some gas then the car should oversteer especially when you have set the differencial on the rear wheels, it's 4x4 rally cars driving basics. I 've been in many Real rally driving school with Real 300hp Impreza, so I don't think my driving is the issue. sorry.

Ricci1971 said:
You're wrong and you don't understand what I mean, I know the car should not oversteer by simply turning the driving wheel, but once you've done a side to side transfert and put back some gas then the car should oversteer especially when you have set the differencial on the rear wheels, it's 4x4 rally cars driving basics. I 've been in many Real rally driving school with Real 300hp Impreza, so I don't think my driving is the issue. sorry.
It is, I have no issue like this, and BTW vanilla RBR has bad physics. Have you tried throttle+brake? :P

Ricci1971 said:
It is, I have no issue like this, and BTW vanilla RBR has bad physics. Have you tried throttle+brake? :P

Ricci1971 said:
You really don't understand what I'm trying to say, maybe it's because of my poor english(or your's ;-)). The throttle +brake is for mass transfert, as side to side is, but when you accelerate with a 4x4 car, it should not understeer but oversteer, it's a fact and if you don't understand this, you know nothing about driving. Did you ever see a rally car in snow or gravel stage with no drift? You can't be serious, or you have no clue of what rally driving is!!!

Ricci1971 said:
Ricci1971 said:

Ricci1971 said:
You really don't understand what I'm trying to say, maybe it's because of my poor english(or your's ;-)). The throttle +brake is for mass transfert, as side to side is, but when you accelerate with a 4x4 car, it should not understeer but oversteer, it's a fact and if you don't understand this, you know nothing about driving. Did you ever see a rally car in snow or gravel stage with no drift? You can't be serious, or you have no clue of what rally driving is!!!
you can pretty much setup every car to be oversteery.
sorry, but all you are saying is pretty much wrong.
The initial setups for almost all cars are a little understeery, so tweaking the setup is essential.

I tend to agree, not sure it is more power but I am surprised at the amount of longitudinal grip. Without resorting to set up changes, burying the throttle on a slippery surface I would expect to result in breaking traction a tad more readily IMHO.

Right now a lot of steering is used to rotate the cars such that low degree steering setups are the biggest impact on times from my own testing.

I tend to agree, not sure it is more power but I am surprised at the amount of longitudinal grip. Without resorting to set up changes, burying the throttle on a slippery surface I would expect to result in breaking traction a tad more readily IMHO.

Right now a lot of steering is used to rotate the cars such that low degree steering setups are the biggest impact on times from my own testing.
It's exactly what I was trying to express : the longitudinal grip!!! I have no problems with setting up my car to get it more oversteer but there is to much longitudinal grip, "burying the throttle on a slippery surface I would expect to result in breaking traction a tad more readily IMHO" too. Thanks a lot TonyRickard you saved me. lol.  I will use your explanation to try to clarify my poll. Thanks again.