F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ERS in F1 2016

It would be so cool if the new game has a HUD on the wheel or in the HUD for the Battery, where we can see how much its charging. When the cars are breaking its charge, and i think it would be so cool if this is in the next game. The ERS is one of the main things from the cars in this era. Please do it.

Good idea, I think it would be great.
On second thought, ERS hud files are already in the game. At least in PC version.

theres is no reason why you need to know it.You cant use that information for anything.Why clutter the wheel or hud with useless information that I cant use when they need to add things to the wheel or hud that I need to know because I can use it.

kevinkirk said:
theres is no reason why you need to know it.You cant use that information for anything.Why clutter the wheel or hud with useless information that I cant use when they need to add things to the wheel or hud that I need to know because I can use it.
Er how about for when you have ERS issues you can see it visually?

(immediate counter-argument; crew radios you; tho I think having a little indicator wouldn't hurt)

kevinkirk said:
Why only a information? You should feel the ERS more and maybe it would be cool if you can predict in your garage, exactly where you want to use the ERS (Like "Out of Turn 2" or something) and then when you are on a lap it will be used. Like McLaren/Honda for example. They use more of the ERS on the corners and less on the straights, because their battery was to weak for using all the power  on a straight.

Also it would be nice if you can save the ERS with a less Engine/Fuel Mode. In Mix 1 you save all ur energy and in Mix 3 you enable the full battery for maximum power. Thats how the new cars work. I think it would be cool to bring something like this technology battery staff to the game.

Some basic ERS data, or input from the engineer, would be great considering there's such things as an 'out-lap' and a 'recovery lap' in real F1.

At the moment qualifying is straight forward, lap after lap, with no consequences to the energy. In reality they'd build the energy reserve up for maximum deployment on a single hot lap in qualifying. It doesn't matter that much in the race though, but for qualifying we need to see it there. The above point is also valid about there being problems with ERS in the race, although yes that would realistically be a heads up from the engineer rather than information from the dash in the car.

Avengerrr said:
Some basic ERS data, or input from the engineer, would be great considering there's such things as an 'out-lap' and a 'recovery lap' in real F1.

At the moment qualifying is straight forward, lap after lap, with no consequences to the energy. In reality they'd build the energy reserve up for maximum deployment on a single hot lap in qualifying. It doesn't matter that much in the race though, but for qualifying we need to see it there. The above point is also valid about there being problems with ERS in the race, although yes that would realistically be a heads up from the engineer rather than information from the dash in the car.
Awesome example, exactly what i mean.

Especially in Qualifying its necessary to load the battery after a fast lap, because otherwise you have less power on the second lap. Something like that would be awesome!

In f1 actually the pilots choose how the mguk deployed the energy. The level energy of ers is visible on the wheel. In iracing on PC it s very well done with the McLaren mp430, contrary at f1 2015.