Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Nvidia Graphics Card Issue? Game Freezes

Hi all,

First of all, I love Grid Autosport! :) Finally something great like Grid 1 again.
I played the game for some hours and I'm really happy about everything but I have 1 problem:

I have a Nvidia Geforce GT750-M graphics card and a program called nvidia geforce expierence.
I checked the geforce expierence and updated my drivers so Grid Autosport would be recognized and optimized for my graphics card.
At first everything looked fine, I saw that all settings were high or ultra, but I didn't really see it in-game, it didn't look that good. 
So I checked the graphics options again and noticed that the SHADER QUALITY was set on ULTRA LOW...
I changed it to Medium and started a new event. That's when the problem occured, after 20 secs in the race the game freezed, and again, and again, until I set the SHADER QUALITY on ULTRA LOW again.

So everything above Ultra Low shader quality freezes the game.. 
Any ideas what to do?

Thanks!
I have the same problem with the freeze. Could not complete a single 3 lap race without one :(

After I set the SHADER QUALITY on ULTRA LOW, I could run a complete race without a freeze. Thanks for the workaround Jerome!
Hope the devs will fix this issue soon. The Game is really ugly now!
FXTC said:
I have the same problem with the freeze. Could not complete a single 3 lap race without one :(

After I set the SHADER QUALITY on ULTRA LOW, I could run a complete race without a freeze. Thanks for the workaround Jerome!
Hope the devs will fix this issue soon. The Game is really ugly now!
You're welcome ;) And yeah, it's ugly, it looks like some kind of cheap mod for race driver grid 2 with these settings lol.
The cockpit blur is gone though, not that it makes it any better.. the cockpit looks like a plastic toy car from the 90's :P
Amazing how quickly you answer questions on your new release .

Yet people have been asking you to fix grid 2 for a year now with not any reply why is that ?

Beware Autosport users this is what you have to look forward too.

You know, there is a fix for Grid 2, it's called: ''Grid Autosport'' :P
A nice guy in the steam forums found the reason for the game freezes! Just disable the HD texture pack and the game will runs flawless. Seems like the devs have not tested this texture pack long enough...
FXTC said:
A nice guy in the steam forums found the reason for the game freezes! Just disable the HD texture pack and the game will runs flawless. Seems like the devs have not tested this texture pack long enough...
But I didn't even install the HD Texture pack, so that's not it I'm afraid :'(
FXTC said:
Then start the game and go in the options menu to graphic and set your advanced graphic to automatic. That helps some people in the steam forums...
Thanks mate! That did it, for now this is an excellent fix, hope there will be a patch though. It looks a lot better now, but it can be even better if I could change the settings myself. 
This is highly annoying, I've had the game for a few days now and have played a total of perhaps 40mins. After a while, the game crashes and after that you can't start it anymore. GRID logo shows up, then the Intel sound plays chopped up and screen is frozen. Alt+tab at least CTD's. Stop releasing broken games!
trickeh2k said:
This is highly annoying, I've had the game for a few days now and have played a total of perhaps 40mins. After a while, the game crashes and after that you can't start it anymore. GRID logo shows up, then the Intel sound plays chopped up and screen is frozen. Alt+tab at least CTD's. Stop releasing broken games!
I had that problems, too. Update your graphic card drivers to the lates beta drivers (for nvidia version 340.43) and then start the game and go in the options menu to graphic and set your advanced graphic to automatic. This should solve your freezes, but the will not look as good as it can :-(
FXTC said:
trickeh2k said:
I had that problems, too. Update your graphic card drivers to the lates beta drivers (for nvidia version 340.43) and then start the game and go in the options menu to graphic and set your advanced graphic to automatic. This should solve your freezes, but the will not look as good as it can :-(
Yeah, already on the beta drivers... doesn't help me if i cannot even start the game.
I'm having this problem as well on my Nvidia GTX765M. It was fine for the first few days but now in every race I start hearing a crackling noise in my earphones and the game starts being choppy. Turning shaders to ultra low seems to help but its not ideal. Any news on that fix? Anyone else having the same problem?

Mx1000 you have freeze on gtx770 ? (not sounding rude mate)

/\ /\ /\
this is running on 
- Intel i7 920 2.6ghz (stock clock) 8 thread 4 core
- Asus P6t Deluxe
- Corsair hydro h100
- Corsair Dominator 18gb DDR 3 1600mhz
- EVGA 760 GTX SC 2Gb   | Drivers currently on :  beta 340.43
- Creative SoundBlaster x-fi platinum fatal1ty champion series
- Samsung 24" 1920x1080 res 2ms monitors x2 (dual)
- 3x Samusung 1TB 7200rpm sata II
    Vsync is on and perfect 60fps . even whilst recording

there is a noticable difference between mobile (m) graphics and the desktop.

the first thing with freezing / stutters is to lower msaa / aa  and the rest. they eat the most gpu power.
then its the big list ( worst offenders at the top )
- ambient occlusion
- advanced lighting
- anisotropic filtering
- global illumination
- water
- ground cover

you will also notice that i have turned off "Advanced blending (intel)" < one of those "chuck it over the shoulder and get it dead senter of the bin" jobs. :D

anyone on a 670 above and 760 basic above desktops should be able to run it high to ultra. mobile you will probably max it at high. Including HD Tx pack

Do not forget ....   to great your own custom rules in firewalls & av. so ie comodo you will need to create a custom rule in "hips" for it to have free access to your harddrive and internet (this is at your own risk) my self i have entered it via active process and gridautosport.ext set to "trusted application" ..

the game every second is looking and saving to the drive aswell as chatting on the internet even in singleplayer. av and firewalls if you do not give rules will slow the game.

Hope this helps any Q's fire at me 8-}

Drayke

For Grid AutoSport black screen issues click "here"
A fix for Grid 2 that may help click "here"

and my Youtube Grid Videos Discussion
So MX1000  And Everyone Else..

i have just had someone else try my theory of "install the game on a secondary harddrive - to offload the read/write from the master/c drive" and he has suffered from horrible lag/stuttering.

in his own words :

"It works!  On ULTRA HIGH settings!  It's beautiful!  It's fun!  And...all day long, I won 4 out of 5 races on HARD."

hope your able to fix your issues. 

Drayke  8-}
Turdhat said:
You only need to disable smoke shadows to fix this at the moment. I have not had a single freeze since doing so. All other settings are maxed out with no issue and I have raced for many hours offline.
thanks. I've disabled smoke shadows and I've been playing for an hour last night and I've got no freeze where as before, it froze within 5 minutes. I'll keep on testing to see what's what

@sgtdrayke
my game is installed on the secondary HDD and I still got the freeze until smoke shadows have been disabled

hope this fixes the issue for now

@mx1000

Can you post your Computer Specs.  Use the below template.

- CPU :
- MotherBoard :
- Memory ( amount & type not name ) : 
- Graphics ( the manufacture title not just type )  | Drivers currently on : ( driver number )
- Audio card ( if not using motherboard sound )
- Display type ( resolution device supports & resolution your attempting )
- Harddrives type ( connection, size , rpm & also game installation directory )

Can you Please Post this to the Main Discussion opened

Grid & Autosport Fixes Tweaks . read before posting another Discussion

as this is the main disccusion i will be pushing my support from so people dont have to flick through all the different discussions . its all under one roof :)

Thanks man.

Sgt Drayke 

Hey have you checked out my Youtube Grid Autosports Discussion

it froze again last night after an hour of play. I've also checked the temps of cpu, mb and vga and they are ok
- CPU : i7 4770K
- MotherBoard : Asus Maximus VI Formula
- Memory ( amount & type not name ) :  4x4 GB DDR 3
- Graphics ( the manufacture title not just type )  | Drivers currently on : Gainward Gtx 770 Phantom 2GB, beta frivers:340.43
- Audio card ( if not using motherboard sound ) : Asus Xonar DX
- Display type ( resolution device supports & resolution your attempting ): Asus VG278H res: 1920x1080
- Harddrives type ( connection, size , rpm & also game installation directory ) : SSD Corsair 64 GB, sata 3 - system drive, 1TB - Seagate Baracuda 64mb