Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox One

Question to moderators/admins ... Is there a time frame that we can expect this title on the Xbox One?
Only reason I ask is because I am looking at purchasing an Alpha. I'd hate to purchase one and then hear the announcement of the game coming to console in Spring / Summer :)

Any input would be appreciated! 
thanks
blu

Purchasing an alpha? In any case, there's no news of it going to console, though it could very well happen, but more than likely if it did, it would be spring or summer next year.

Alienware Alpha (PC's console version of a Gaming Console)  Would love to see it come out next year. 

If you are choosing to spend all that money for dirt rally I'd probably wait, I think a console version is pretty likely, but I'd imagine they will wait until early access is finished before they make an announcement, so hopefully it shouldn't be long!

Ah. I'd go with building your own PC, especially if you only want a console type one with nothing crazy. It's always cheaper and you can add to it later.

It was on Sale so that's why i was looking into buying one for DiRT.  But yeah i think a console version would be awesome if it came out sooner.
I am not into building PC and the specs on the Alpha is QUITE impressive.  i3, i5 and i7 options and all at an affordable price.  What i like about the Alpha is the simplicity of it all.  (I am not much of a 'build your own PC' kind of guy) so the more simple it is, the better off.

bluwaters said:
It was on Sale so that's why i was looking into buying one for DiRT.  But yeah i think a console version would be awesome if it came out sooner.
I am not into building PC and the specs on the Alpha is QUITE impressive.  i3, i5 and i7 options and all at an affordable price.  What i like about the Alpha is the simplicity of it all.  (I am not much of a 'build your own PC' kind of guy) so the more simple it is, the better off.
It's actually A LOT easier to build a PC than people make it out to be, especially a basic one. All the components you get give very clear directions on how to plug everything in, and most things only fit one way.

It all depends on how you want your DiRT Rally to look @bluwaters. If you want to play with the unlicensed, but original liveries on the cars, get the pc. If you don't mind what the cars look like, wait for the console version.

It all depends on how you want your DiRT Rally to look @bluwaters. If you want to play with the unlicensed, but original liveries on the cars, get the pc. If you don't mind what the cars look like, wait for the console version.
Why would it be different?

JZStudios said:
bluwaters said:
It's actually A LOT easier to build a PC than people make it out to be, especially a basic one. All the components you get give very clear directions on how to plug everything in, and most things only fit one way.
It's almost like LEGOs :D Probably the most difficult part is inserting the CPU and puting on the CPU cooler, especially if you have an aftermarket one, and even that is not really that hard. Also it takes a bit of planning to figure out how to route the cables, if you have a case with cable management. All in all, it's not really hard to build a PC 

Thanks for all the info guys but you all won't be the first to try and sell me on the idea of building a PC LOL. I will never build a PC because that aspect doesn't interest me. When I see there is a 'console version' that's powerful enough and has all the components like the Alpha i5/i7 has, then what's the point in spending my time figuring out what goes with what and what motherboard I should get or what graphics card to install and how much memory I need... etc etc. The alpha is perfect for the cost and I don't need to have a tower sitting down next to my TV. 

But.... I do appreciate everything you guys said. As far as waiting for it to come out I would wait if I had any idea the time frame of when it might come out or even an announcement just 'cuz I don't really want to move away from the console to the PC. 

Good timing, there's just been a videogamer article on leaked ratings for Xbox one version of dirt rally 

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/dirt_rally/news/dirt_rally_rated_for_ps4_and_xbox_one.html

Didzis said:
It's almost like LEGOs :D Probably the most difficult part is inserting the CPU and puting on the CPU cooler, especially if you have an aftermarket one, and even that is not really that hard. Also it takes a bit of planning to figure out how to route the cables, if you have a case with cable management. All in all, it's not really hard to build a PC 
Sometimes I laugh at my PC. It's a mess inside. I need to make some custom cables, apparently there's no such thing as a 6 pin to 6 pin power cable, so I've got like 2 adapters plugged in when I only need 1 small cable. I've also got a really good PC now and its all sitting in a 7 year old $50 case you'd find in an office.
bluwaters said:
Thanks for all the info guys but you all won't be the first to try and sell me on the idea of building a PC LOL. I will never build a PC because that aspect doesn't interest me. When I see there is a 'console version' that's powerful enough and has all the components like the Alpha i5/i7 has, then what's the point in spending my time figuring out what goes with what and what motherboard I should get or what graphics card to install and how much memory I need... etc etc. The alpha is perfect for the cost and I don't need to have a tower sitting down next to my TV.
I'm not trying to sell it to you to make one, just saying it's a lot cheaper to than buying one, especially Alienware. BTW, there's a ton of YouTube videos going over all sorts of $400 builds to be a "Console Killer" so you could just follow one of those, and there's plenty of console sized mini cases, you don't need Goliath. All in all, I'm not a PC elitist, but I am against buying premade PC's, unless you really have the money to spend and don't care, or your getting a custom water cooling setup and get a warranty.

Yeah i hear ya @JZStudios. For me it's the time i would need to know a lot more about PC systems to build one.  I know its cheaper but you would have to know what to buy and what works with what and blah blah.  I don't have the extensive knowledge about PC's or the time for me to put together something. As i said, the Alienware Alpha is VERY affordable considering their 'beast' machines are expensive.