Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRTy Forumers League

OK first feeling with sweden behind me so I'm going to jump into the league event. Let's see what we got here...opens in 2 hours..pff

I don't wanna say I told you so to everyone who voted for easy and hard instead of voyage voyage, but I told you so. Greece at night is my mortal enemy.

I <3 Greece during any weather, i would be worried if it was like Sunset with awful shadows or something, but not night.

Main Problem, though - Sweden does seem to be a bit... narrow. Still downloading, but i am not looking forward to Sweden when i haven't demo-ed it yet. (Not because afraid of challenge .. well, i'm not - my controls are)

Sweden is awesome, but when starting off, visibility is paramou...    RYYYYUUUUUU!!!!  WTF have you done????  :P

Snaky115 said:
Main Problem, though - Sweden does seem to be a bit... narrow. Still downloading, but i am not looking forward to Sweden when i haven't demo-ed it yet. (Not because afraid of challenge .. well, i'm not - my controls are)
Agree. I had a run through 3 stages to make sure I didn't mess up the stages names, and... if you scratch the snow banks, they start pulling you in. Not an issue for steering wheel users, cause it's basically just a quick reaction of a small input of about 30-40 degrees and you're free from the snow bank. In my case it's either get pulled into snow bank due to lack of any reaction or get destroyed by the opposite snow bank due to too much of a countersteer. And since it's narrow... you get pulled every few hundred meters if you miss the corner by even an inch.
Don't get me wrong, it behaves in a realistic way and definitely adds to the authenticity of the game experience, but it's just so frustrating when you don't have a steering wheel. I might lower the sensitivity in the controls just for the Sweden, otherwise it's gonna be driving at 60KM/H xD

Generally speaking, I'll be so slow in Sweden that punctures won't bother me a bit :D 

BTW, would anyone be interested in watching a live stream of me doing the League stages? I can stream, just I don't really ever do it because... I don't know, I'm an idiot most likely xD

Well, Shit. Tried the Hyundai a little (0/0 upgrades?) on some random Swedish Sprint... hoo boy, this place is narrow and has black holes as snow banks. I will hate this for the next 20 hours i estimate. Hoooboy. I am already early predicting my Swedish event to be utter poop.

Snaky115 said:
Well, Shit. Tried the Hyundai a little (0/0 upgrades?) on some random Swedish Sprint... hoo boy, this place is narrow and has black holes as snow banks. I will hate this for the next 20 hours i estimate. Hoooboy. I am already early predicting my Swedish event to be utter poop.
Upgrade the 2010s cars (at least Polo) in the Championship. You have over 2 weeks till Sweden will be up. This time is so that everyone can get acquainted with the Sweden.

Okay, Hyundai seems bugged, Polo was fairly better, but.. a bit.. snappy? It wants to suddenly spin for me, i guess its the Fiesta again, as the Mini is an absolute nightmare for me on Monte.

Snaky115 said:
Okay, Hyundai seems bugged, Polo was fairly better, but.. a bit.. snappy? It wants to suddenly spin for me, i guess its the Fiesta again, as the Mini is an absolute nightmare for me on Monte.
Max out the pre-load and fully lock the diff's. Make the 1st gear longer so it's just slightly shorter than default 2nd, re-arrange other gears accordingly. On tarmac I advise to max out camber (setting rear wheels camber few ticks less can work as well). If the car is too responsive, set the negative toe in on front wheels to about -0.25. Adjust the rear toe-in accordingly to car behaviour, as in understeer than - values, oversteer, positive values. Stiffen suspension completely everywhere, including dampers and fully lower the suspension. It's tarmac, so you want as flat handling as possible. For Monte, shorten the final ratio completely.

This basically is what I do to all WRC cars. Makes the cars a lot more grounded and responsive. Generally speaking, more fun to drive. Not putting it to Steam Workshop, since I like to make sure the setup is really competitive as well.

You can't setup cars in current League anyway, so i take my personal favourite stock setup - The Fiesta. ;D

I think i wouldn't have the Polo spins if it wasn't for the snowbanks being.. i really want to say they are a bit too encompassing, but thats a different topic.

kobeshow said:
really ... NO setups ? tell me this is not true
Thats currently a game wide bug, if the bug report topic is anything to judge by.

Meanwhile, in the snow, i finished Stage 3 by crashing into the finish post, car understeered at the finish. Ow.That's gonna hurt my repairs.

Snaky115 said:
kobeshow said:
really ... NO setups ? tell me this is not true
Thats currently a game wide bug, if the bug report topic is anything to judge by.

Meanwhile, in the snow, i finished Stage 3 by crashing into the finish post, car understeered at the finish. Ow.That's gonna hurt my repairs.
I'm gonna make the most of the 72 hours we have for finishing this event xD

Well, on SS2 I did a Carlos Sainz and pinballed it into the cliff face, getting a puncture, cracked windscreen and substantial damage to my suspension. 

I'm hanging in there though! I'm still setting decent times with all this damage and lack of visibility, and am not that far off 2nd. 

Alright, the benchmark is set. Very last stage was.. apparently VERY slow .. then again, the damage from SS3 did not help.

At least i absolutely dominated Pra d'Alart and its reverse to even out any more noticeable mistakes.

Well... no car setup, and no repairs worth mentioning (like 2% for a single item per service area) .. I went with the Fiesta as it has the most balanced default setup. After a terrible SS4, engine warning light on SS7, and a halfspin on SS8... I made it through alive. No major dents, but plenty of scratches despite my clean driving approach. Was fun though.

Yeesh, still got massive racenet issues, will struggle to get this finished (or even started) at this rate :(

So we went to Montecarlo with a spare tyre and, a wrench and roll of tape. :lol: 

OK, managed to finish with heavy damage but not terminal. After all damage is totally useless since it does not impact to car performance and/or handling (but punctures)

Did all night stages with lights switched off. much better.

OK No service areas so I'm going to take it like a sunday drive.
P.S. I can't go to suggestion box, it's flooded with ideas that were talked about thousands times....

versedi said:
OK No service areas so I'm going to take it like a sunday drive.
P.S. I can't go to suggestion box, it's flooded with ideas that were talked about thousands times....
I don't usually visit it anyway. I've learned that people have a a habit of not using the brain. Especially when something "officially launched". Personally I'm kind of waiting in hopes of the league setup being fixed. Even though it most likely won't be.

I learnt not to follow my heart ever again. I was between my upgraded Fiesta and the amazeballs Polo... Apparently repairing the wheels 3% takes half an hour.

Have mercy lord almighty