Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRTy Forumers League

BrySkye said:
Just done the first stage, decided to use the Manta for this one. Disastrous first stage. 25 secs slower than @Snaky115 

You reverted back to 0.9?
I believe he's running it all without service areas. Since his name is Luke, he has access to the force.

EDIT: Doh, I just realised ... V2.

BrySkye said:
Just done the first stage, decided to use the Manta for this one. Disastrous first stage. 25 secs slower than @Snaky115 

Nope.
Yeah, we're not supposed to be using the Group B RWD, F2 Kit Car or Hill Climb cars in online events or leagues yet. ;)

@Porkhammer 
What was going on at SS6 and SS7 ?? I was just 4sec (SS6) /7sec(SS7) behind you ?! (assuming you have the fastest time there) 
Remember that I've Zero upgrades on my Car... 

On that topic by the way: With winter wonderland the system chanes right? All cars in leagues are automatically in Full upgrade spec right?
Because I'm not really tempted to invest 2h driving to upgrade a car for cars I do not like (like all of the current three)....

On another topic : Polo and i20 are confirmed for WW, but are there any more , the gossip thread and tweets are really silent?? I will not give up my hope for the 2015 WRX STI R4 , pleeeeaaasee CM you even teased us with its wing back in 2013 

I wouldn't have thought the times you have posted afford such mistakes and sloppiness Porky!  Over a 2 minute lead - unbelievable 

9 secs seperate 2nd to 5th - consistent bunch of guys, great driving!

KevM said:
I wouldn't have thought the times you have posted afford such mistakes and sloppiness Porky!  Over a 2 minute lead - unbelievable
Thanks - I drive at 90% at "lengthy" events like this to try to guarantee staying on the road while still being rather fast. But, of course, there are no guarantees with the Metro...

I was going through the event not doing too bad when suddenly half way through the last stage I got a flat tire, so I decided to just keep going on with it still flat, but it turns out that's not a good idea and I ended up losing a few minutes looking like Austin powers in the part where he's trying to turn around. Yeah baby.

I loved the metro even on V1, now it's just even more bonkers :D and it was always labelled as the "safe" group B car...

I got a puncture on SS6 and ruined my rally :( 
I went from a close fight with Smurf, to dead-last. 

EDIT** 

Urgh, I finished 14th.
I clawed my way back up a bit, and then on the last stage I turned my car onto it's roof  after pushing too hard to make up for lost time.
THEN I got a puncture, which resulted in me being about 2 minutes total behind the pace just on that stage, which resulted in a wasted rally.

Rancid. 

BrySkye said:
BrySkye said:
Nope.
Yeah, we're not supposed to be using the Group B RWD, F2 Kit Car or Hill Climb cars in online events or leagues yet. ;)
Brys right, I checked with @kickup before the league started and asked him which cars we could use. 6r4 is the only car using v2 physics in both early access and even earlier access.

KickUp said:
The DiRTy gossipers have created a league. Is it ok to use V1 6r4 in it, or would I have to revert to 0.9 ?
The 6r4 was updated to v2 handling in 0.9 So it is fine. 

I checked ages before the league was even made, but you'd have to go back to page 35 of 'that' topic ;)

I'm on fire today! 2nd place!!! and 6th in the Daily 1 woot!!!!
I'll take advantage of this streak and go for the weekly challenges!!
EDIT: Hats off to the guys that drove RWD on ice!

Procver said:
I'm on fire today! 2nd place!!! and 6th in the Daily 1 woot!!!!
I'll take advantage of this streak and go for the weekly challenges!!
EDIT: Hats off to the guys that drove RWD on ice!
Oh good. I won't have to eat my hat after all.

LOL I was guessing what would be driving a RWD while being constantly sideways on the icy parts. I was less than a second behind Snaky115 for 4 consecutive stages until something happened to him.

Nice event. Close times. Porkjammer performing alien times (despite human errors...). All correct.

Congrats to @Procver for such great performance. Sos groso pibe! ;)
It wasnt easy!
Have a look into "friends" tab after runs records, you´ll notice we have pretty similar times/records always.

So, can we say this is a gentleman league?

Some say, his cars all have the gravitational equivalent of exactly 2 tonnes, and that he drives the lowest Stratos Finland has ever seen!  All we know is, he's called the PorkScammer lol                               

Was trying to keep up with evilsmurf as I know he's a good measuring stick for me. Couldn't this time, but at least I'm not last which is a step up for me :-)

Looking forward to 72 hours per event so I can participate in more events :-)

That was over fast.

After a few cautiously driven corners on the first stage, I decided to attack a bit more. I promptly hit a wall head on (one of those with gaps between the stones), came to a dead stop and had a puncture. 10% bad luck, 90% bad driving. I just didn't have the morale to carry on after that.

Sounds like Monte is a minefield.  I'm going in, wish me luck..... lol

the puncture thing seems to be getting ridiculous now :(