Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRTy Forumers League

Nice work Ryo, thank you

Regarding waiting for WW, I would prefer waiting for WW before starting a new season, but why don't chuck in a longer set with stages that end sunday evening or something like that? More like a training session while we wait for the Winter....

Really good job Ryu!
I'll try to take active part in the league as much as possible.

Didn't had time last 3 days so when new event will popout I'll jump in right away.

Are there any descriptions for the selected themes for new season? I'd secretly suggest maybe something a bit more modern like a Group A?
I assume that voyage voyage will be a Mini, front will be FWD and Easy and Hard - gr. B?

P.S. Ofcourse I accept league rules.

Great job Ryu. 

I personally think wait until after WW is launched, at least then you can include those stages, but I wouldn't put them in until about a week or so after the launch so people can practice on them. It's a bit unfair otherwise as some of us have been playing them for a couple of weeks now, not that it's made it any easier as tehy
 are a real challenge. 

Yes, agreed.

What about running even a wee re-setter / hot-lapper event in the interim?

Auduns said:
Nice work Ryo, thank you
It's RyU -_- I'm slightly touchy on this subject.
versedi said:
Are there any descriptions for the selected themes for new season?
There's no description to make it more interesting and give it a surprise as well. You need to unleash the "DiRTy Gossipy" skills here ;) Naturally, if there will be a specific class that majority of people will simply want to drive, I'll put it in. But since right now it's mostly "I'm fine with everything" I think this way it will put more involvement from everyone side into deciding what the cars and weather conditions will be.
Rallycameraman said:
I personally think wait until after WW is launched, at least then you can include those stages, but I wouldn't put them in until about a week or so after the launch so people can practice on them. It's a bit unfair otherwise as some of us have been playing them for a couple of weeks now, not that it's made it any easier as tehy are a real challenge. 
My initial thoughts were to run the events as they appear in rally calendar (putting Greece in place of Portugal), but with WW being very close to release, I'll most likely set Sweden as the last event, the cherry on the top. That should give half a month of getting used to it, which I believe is a reasonable amount of time.

Voting for the next season theme so far:
- "Voyage, Voyage" - 4 votes
- Mad at Front - 1 vote
- Easy and Hard, or Hard and Easy? - 5 votes

How about checking how well the current setup, with the service stages layout and 72 hours time limit per event works? I thought that to make it last a bit longer, I would go with Finland and 60's. If anyone doesn't mind, I'll make something like that happen. Will last through Friday, Saturday and Sunday aka it would start in 7 hours and 44 minutes from the moment I post this.

And of course, thanks everyone :)

Auduns said:
Nice work Ryo, thank you
It's RyU -_- I'm slightly touchy on this subject.
versedi said:
Are there any descriptions for the selected themes for new season?
There's no description to make it more interesting and give it a surprise as well. You need to unleash the "DiRTy Gossipy" skills here ;) Naturally, if there will be a specific class that majority of people will simply want to drive, I'll put it in. But since right now it's mostly "I'm fine with everything" I think this way it will put more involvement from everyone side into deciding what the cars and weather conditions will be.
Rallycameraman said:
I personally think wait until after WW is launched, at least then you can include those stages, but I wouldn't put them in until about a week or so after the launch so people can practice on them. It's a bit unfair otherwise as some of us have been playing them for a couple of weeks now, not that it's made it any easier as tehy are a real challenge. 
My initial thoughts were to run the events as they appear in rally calendar (putting Greece in place of Portugal), but with WW being very close to release, I'll most likely set Sweden as the last event, the cherry on the top. That should give half a month of getting used to it, which I believe is a reasonable amount of time.

Voting for the next season theme so far:
- "Voyage, Voyage" - 4 votes
- Mad at Front - 1 vote
- Easy and Hard, or Hard and Easy? - 5 votes

How about checking how well the current setup, with the service stages layout and 72 hours time limit per event works? I thought that to make it last a bit longer, I would go with Finland and 60's. If anyone doesn't mind, I'll make something like that happen. Will last through Friday, Saturday and Sunday aka it would start in 7 hours and 44 minutes from the moment I post this.

And of course, thanks everyone :)
Sounds good to me ,
But instead of 60's I would prefer something a little bit more all wheel drive... just my opinion

KevM said:
60's - Finland - would 72 hours be enough???  :P
That 72 hours includes weekend, so more time for actual playing than usually :p 

Well, whatever we do next, I'll be doing it on an Xbox One pad. I cannot stomach that sodding Ferrari GT Experience any longer. 

Gonna pad it until I get my hands on a DFGT. 

Ok, note taken then. Next season is configured and available to see on the League site. I won't be making a podium for this one though, since it's more of a test one. Please don't abuse the exhaust bug chaps ;)

Hell... I´m draw with @Rallycameraman , but he has the position. You have better results than me, so the 6th postion was given to me.

But 5th will be mine!!! :)

Well, whatever we do next, I'll be doing it on an Xbox One pad. I cannot stomach that sodding Ferrari GT Experience any longer. 

Gonna pad it until I get my hands on a DFGT. 
You have a PM, which might interest you

Im thinking of trying something different & might lower my suspension for a couple of shake-downs, I know it doesn't seem logical , but seems to work well for our front runners!  Must be a really big grip advantage to running lowered suspension on gravel or something maybe.... Really get the car bottoming out on the crests, seems to be the way to do it

:D 

Daw, Finland / Group A combo is a massive weakpoint for me, i am just unable to drive this even remotely fast. Stubborn boingers, these.

going to skip this event, without service my car will be to hammered beyond stage 6 and the exhaust will be smashed so I'll be flying :D 

Don't post all too often, but I'd like to get in on some of the fun (and carnage)!

SteamID: Setec

Hope to see you all out there :)

After some cursing at PC-related issues after SS2, I made it through the event alive. I was driving at approximately 85% to avoid punctures and guarantee staying on the road. But, much to my surprise, driving like this in Finland is very, very, slow - on Kontinjärvi alone I was 14 seconds behind my best time. So... if people are brave, enjoy your first place!

The service areas need some re-organizing though. Two long stages in a row is absolute torture, especially the Hamelahti/Kontinjärvi bits are very hard for the car. On the last service area my damage looked like this, and I was in safe mode:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577947832595746468/5268AC0CD167AA4B64C60A0164791DC416FCBEAA/

What if people drive hard, and don't have an all that amazing service crew? Yikes.

The service areas need some re-organizing though. Two long stages in a row is absolute torture, especially the Hamelahti/Kontinjärvi bits are very hard for the car. On the last service area my damage looked like this, and I was in safe mode:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577947832595746468/5268AC0CD167AA4B64C60A0164791DC416FCBEAA/

What if people drive hard, and don't have an all that amazing service crew? Yikes.

This is rallying. Deal with it. 

Well, here's my Finland story.
Stage 1: Took it really easy and safe. It was a clean stage, lost about 15 seconds to Porky.

Stage 2: 
Beginning seemed promising until I cut too close to the trees and hit a bush. Mistakes were made and I lost some precious time. 

Stage 3:  Lost my focus on this stage, went wide and made a roll. Wasn't happy at all.

Stage 4: 
Hamelahti - my best run in the event. Was a really clean run and I was pushing hard. When I reached the finish I realised that it paid off.

I was so pumped that I decided to push on.. 
Stage 5: So there I was, trying to push... As always for me, it didn't go well. Got a puncture and lost 26 seconds.

Stage 6: This was the stage where all started to go downhill. Punctures, roll, mistakes and last but not least I pressed the wrong button near the end to fix the puncture :( I was frustrated, tried to calm myself down, but it didn't help and everything carried onto the next stages.

Stage 7: 
That was the worst stage of the event, lost cooling, both of my rear tires. Everything that possibly could have gone wrong, went wrong. 

Stage 8: 
Finally, the last stage... The demolition saga continued with crashes and it ended with losing a wheel. The struggle was real.

Overall: It was a nightmare for me, everything went wrong and I wasn't able to find my consistency. I'm trying to throw this event out of my mind and try to think about the future and the next event.