Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRTy Forumers League

Setec said:
Don't post all too often, but I'd like to get in on some of the fun (and carnage)!
Please read the first post thoroughly ;)
Porkhammer said:
The service areas need some re-organizing though. Two long stages in a row is absolute torture, especially the Hamelahti/Kontinjärvi bits are very hard for the car. On the last service area my damage looked like this, and I was in safe mode:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577947832595746468/5268AC0CD167AA4B64C60A0164791DC416FCBEAA/

What if people drive hard, and don't have an all that amazing service crew? Yikes.

This is Finland, you're gonna have massive damage on the car if you push it at all regardless of how often the service area's are. That's why at first I proposed 60's, as they would be better endurance wise for this. The exaggerated jumps (and exaggerated damage from them a bit) is the main reason why the cars basically get obliterated.
At this point it's just waiting for improvements that Paul mentioned at the last DiRT Show and basically go "Mad Max" mode through Finland ;)

However I'll try to make it that there will be only 1 long stage in Finland per service stage. Should make it more doable.

Wow your scaring me....

Last contact I got with finland + gr.A was V1. Lets see what I´m able to do this afetrnoon

This is rallying. Deal with it. 
Well gee, herpaderp. I guess me finishing the event didn't mean anything. Derphurp.

But yeah, I did deal with it. I'm saying others may not, as some of the finnish stages are extremely hard on the car.

This is Finland, you're gonna have massive damage on the car if you push it at all regardless of how often the service area's are. That's why at first I proposed 60's, as they would be better endurance wise for this. The exaggerated jumps (and exaggerated damage from them a bit) is the main reason why the cars basically get obliterated.
At this point it's just waiting for improvements that Paul mentioned at the last DiRT Show and basically go "Mad Max" mode through Finland ;)

However I'll try to make it that there will be only 1 long stage in Finland per service stage. Should make it more doable.
I'm well aware of the damage taken, thank you.

I just don't see why you'd place the service areas so randomly instead of every second stage like normal. I can personally cope with it, but - as stated before - others may not.

Other than that though, the stage selections and their order was nice. 10/10 would do again.

Porkhammer said:
I just don't see why you'd place the service areas so randomly instead of every second stage like normal. I can personally cope with it, but - as stated before - others may not.

Other than that though, the stage selections and their order was nice. 10/10 would do again.
Because someone suggested we may do it more real rally style, as in power stage at the start and then more endurance type of rally on rest of the stages. I remembered that @versedi also showed a nice table where there was a power stage at the start and finish, which would allow me to keep 4 service areas like it would be normally, but still having the endurance section. As Kev would say "it's more realistic", though the correct term would be that it's more authentic this way ;) If majority will prefer the standard one, aka each 2 stages, then I'll simply revert the changes back.

No one said anything against it, so that's why I went with it. If you find someone's idea not the brightest, then pop in to the discussion and inform about it. Without feedback I have no idea what you guys/gals will enjoy or what you won't.
Procver said:
Darn! Just when Porkhammer lifted up a little I get to miss this event!!
You can still do it. There are still over 2 days left.

Procver said:
Darn! Just when Porkhammer lifted up a little I get to miss this event!!
You can still do it. There are still over 2 days left.
I'll be back on Tuesday... but I'll be back "reloaded"!

Urgh, I had a bizarre SS3 - I rolled it 3 times by clipping banks, due to pushing a bit harder after a slow SS1 & 2, and each of the 3 times I rolled, it rolled onto the roof, and I had to reset the car, losing even more time. I think I was 1 minute and 40 seconds down on the top time at the end of the stage. 

Gonna keep going though! 

P.S. I can't get the suspension and damper setup right on the Subaru, so my car feels like Inspector Gadgets spring shoes. 

Urgh, I had a bizarre SS3 - I rolled it 3 times by clipping banks, due to pushing a bit harder after a slow SS1 & 2, and each of the 3 times I rolled, it rolled onto the roof, and I had to reset the car, losing even more time. I think I was 1 minute and 40 seconds down on the top time at the end of the stage. 

Gonna keep going though! 

P.S. I can't get the suspension and damper setup right on the Subaru, so my car feels like Inspector Gadgets spring shoes. 
Try one click stiffer suspension (from center) on front and rear, and make the dampers softer by 3-4 clicks. This works for me.

I'll try and get a run later.  The only Grp A I own with upgrades, is the 555 Impreza.  Fun car, looking fwd to it!!

KevM said:
I'll try and get a run later.  The only Grp A I own with upgrades, is the 555 Impreza.  Fun car, looking fwd to it!!
Looking front wheel drive to it, ayehayehayeh

I read and understand the rules, looking forward to racing you guys.
Added.
KevM said:
Looking front wheel drive to it, ayehayehayeh
I knew someone would make a joke out of it xD

Well gee, herpaderp. I guess me finishing the event didn't mean anything. Derphurp.

But yeah, I did deal with it. I'm saying others may not, as some of the finnish stages are extremely hard on the car.
I know you dealt with it and you still had a moan. Are you sure you're not actually Sebastien Ogier, your stage times and current demeanour on the forum would suggest so. 

Hard to tell if he's Ogier or Bridges these days.  I can't see his face.  He's running that much Gravity, his Santa hat can't even stay up on his head!! lol

For ***** sake....
I really really want to like Finland, cause I like the finnish rally... Bute every single time I drive it I start to really hate it in Dirt Rally! 
These annoying jumps are everywhere, i mean everywhere! I would be totally happy if there would be jumps everytime the copilot says jump (maybe), but in finland you catch air like 4-5 times as much. Additionally the car flies way to far to control the outcome after the jump, and I'm already braking slightly before the big ones. All that lead to my style driving Finland at 75% speed mostly, and still I'm waiting for the first Rally event where after the last stage my car looks remotely similar to the one I started with in the first stage.

But the most annoying thing for me are my constant engine cut outs! I'm driving with clutch and H-Shifter, which means if you're on the brake mid air, the wheels will stop and cut out the engine. I try to always brake with clutch, but often it's the slight brake tapping mid corner/ before jump that cuts it out because there was of course another small airtime in between.  

I know it's due to the stage design being made for V1 and the cars being lighter in V2. But I still hate it. If the wings would be adjustable in the setup I would crank them all the way up to get rid of alle the small humps in the road, but it isn't. I even can live with the to much sideway sliding cars on tarmac in V2 compared to the finnish rally.

Question to all H-shifter + Clutch drivers here: Am I just to unfocused to press both pedals at the same time and adjust my driving for the rally, or do you have similar issues? Have you any countermeasure? (Apart from switching to sequential, because I only do this if the car has it in real life too)

Let's see where my rubbish time ends up in this event :) 

Cheers

Just did the event, pushed as hard as my abilities would let me, while still driving sensible,

I'm happy to say that I'm (propably for a very short time) number 2, only beaten by the Borgian Porkhammer.

SkyRex said:
(Apart from switching to sequential, because I only do this if the car has it in real life too)
There's always the ABS that solves the issue *runs away*
RinusRally said:
Steamid: RinusSteam
Hereby I did read the rules, and I accept and agree with the rules. 
You sure that's the correct SteamID? No one matching that in the League applications.

I stall my car completely with ABS ... *Runs Away*

I don't think i am gonna attempt this test of an event. D:

RinusRally said:
Steamid: RinusSteam
Hereby I did read the rules, and I accept and agree with the rules. 
You sure that's the correct SteamID? No one matching that in the League applications.

Good. I took that name from profile-url. Rally-RacingIvysaur  is my Steamid. Thank you for reading. 
Added.

I know you dealt with it and you still had a moan. Are you sure you're not actually Sebastien Ogier, your stage times and current demeanour on the forum would suggest so. 
I didn't moan. I pointed out that the placing of service areas weren't so fantastic. You don't need to act like an ass if you disagree with it.

I managed to finish and got to say I liked the way the service areas were placed it really threw me lol. I'm back using the xbox one pad at the moment and I am placed 2nd place with controller :-)  but there only 2 of us using controller at the mo so last place then haha