DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRTy Forumers League

Evilsmurf said:

I picked up my G29 for £120 new. At the time, that was £30 less than a t150 and £180 less than a t300.

And that is what is known as a massive sale ;) Congrats on snatching that deal though, for that price the wheel is a bargain. Then again, if Logitech wants to sell more G29, they have to constantly put the wheel on a sale xD

And agree on that new wheel from TM. Would love to have a try in it. Generally if I would finally not only get funds for a steering wheel but actually really be needing one, then I would really want a Direct Drive one. Even if I would be using it at 270 DOR xD

This season was a tale of "Wait, how did i like this car/setup previously?!!"
I have a lot of playtime on the C4, but it is very easy to unlearn the way to actually drive the C4 fast, as under normal circumstances, this car will NOT slide, for me most C4 setups grip the gravel like its tarmac. Breaking traction in it has usually been a bad idea. Including taking jumps at any competitive speed. :D I'd rather not tell how weird my Greece setup was. I could've probably gotten away with it on tarmac even, that level of nuts.

Vote? lets knock what others said - Back to School, baby.

This season was rather fun for me in that I've never really gotten to terms with any of the 2000 era cars, and least of all the C4. So it was all about learning how to drive it since it's a quite different car from all the rest. Must say I've taken quite a liking to it now. It can slide a lot but you have to provoke it, and it's a fine line between provoking it a bit for a nice slide and a bit too much and go off  (that's what happened in Greece :-/ ).

For the next season I'll jump on the Back to School bandwagon! :-)

Good start and good ending to the season and some hiccups in between. The 2007 Focus is surely a great car, but it's not one of my favourites. I don't know why exactly, but I never felt completely comfortable with it. So, of course, it's Back to School for me.

Season has been setup, will start in 6h 13m. I don't think anyone will be surprised with what the theme was this time :p

I suspected it! Well well, time to learn how to drive the subie R4 then.

Oof, Pra d'Alart is nasty when combined with Afternoon/Snow X__X
A few silly losses of time, but at least not a retirement. I like that Mitsu soundtrack too much.

Weeeeeeeell that didn't go too well. Careful start, lost a lot of time to Snaky and I felt like I drove extremely slow since I didn't know the car. Decided to push a bit, and Monte pushed back. Touched the right side fence at medium speed, pushed me off line and into the rock wall on the left which lifted me up into the air and out into the valley.

Dytut said:
Weeeeeeeell that didn't go too well. Careful start, lost a lot of time to Snaky and I felt like I drove extremely slow since I didn't know the car. Decided to push a bit, and Monte pushed back. Touched the right side fence at medium speed, pushed me off line and into the rock wall on the left which lifted me up into the air and out into the valley.
A tip for next time. With 900 DOR (even including soft lock) you'll be losing on every single stage in Monte Carlo. So just stick to a pace you feel comfortable with, rather than trying to catch me or Snaky. It just won't go well for you.

And for me the Monte Carlo was just "doing the minimum". Tried to push it slightly on the last stage, ended up losing all the lights so didn't went according to my plan. Still managed to get a lead there somehow xD

So, seeing as this season is "Back to School," I decided not to try to be competitive and instead focus on trying to learn the Subaru. I'm super comfortable with the Evo (aside from the RHD) and almost always do well with it, but for whatever reason I've always had a really hard time with the Subaru and I've never figured out what it is about it that throws me. I did a Monthly with it a while ago and, despite some minor setup adjustments, I never got a feel for it at all during the entire event. Hopefully by spending some time with it here I'll learn why I don't like it and be able to address it more effectively.

That said, Monte Carlo gave me a little bit of insight. The dry sections felt surprisingly comfortable, but the problems arose in the snow and on the icy sections. I just can't get a feel for when the car is going to rotate; sometimes I feel like it's not going to turn in at all, sometimes I feel like it rotates way to much and does so unpredictably. This is the feeling I normally have when driving this car, so that's my baseline. I suspect that the center diff is where the weirdness is for me. I'm going to make some changes to the diffs and front suspension in Sweden, we'll see if I can at least make it more predictable. 

I can only agree with you there @BadD0g. I drive it pretty much default settings, and it just felt inconsistent somehow. Going to use some time to make a decent setup for Sweden. 

My handling is predictable - i handbrake every single corner, including fourth gear ones. :D

Ha, that's the problem I'm trying to fix. Feels like I'm playing a game of chicken with the car when I try to get it to rotate, I usually end up losing and pulling the handbrake.

Too old to rock'n roll, too young to die. Solid third place, but much too slow to keep up with @RyuMakkuro and @Snaky115. Furthermore, in SS4 I touched a wall and the car slowly rolled, landed on its roof and stayed there. Lost at least 20 seconds. I more or less cruised the last four stages, as there was nothing to fight for after @Dytut's departure.

I'll give you a tip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIY4GJP8QDA

Seems legit.                                            

Sorry for being OT, carry on!

Right, Sweden done... That was problematic.

I did a GPU Driver wipe and CPU voltage triple check after first four stages due to some stutter ive never had before in Sweden. Destroyed Lysvik's time. :/ Fine on Hamra, as its the end of the turn where it stuttered, but on Lysvik (reverse) .. well, that same spot is the beginning of a turn and i completely missed it due to this issue. In total i think i lost 20 seconds due to this, over entire league that is, first two stages alone were 10 seconds before troubleshooting.
Don't remember experiencing this before the two recent hotfixes - 1.21 and 1.22, but my memory is too angry to be objective about this. -EDIT- On re-doing Hamra it didn't appear this time, ugh. Even angrier now.

Only had one 360 degree spin for the entire league at least, at the very end of final stage too. Weeee.

Snaky115 said:
I did a GPU Driver wipe and CPU voltage triple check after first four stages due to some stutter ive never had before in Sweden.
#JustAMDthings

Also, seeing as you've only had one spin... well, I expect to be left WAY behind xD @YoMrWhite you know what... I think I'll keep you company in Sweden xD

Snaky115 said:
I did a GPU Driver wipe and CPU voltage triple check after first four stages due to some stutter ive never had before in Sweden.
#JustAMDthings

Also, seeing as you've only had one spin... well, I expect to be left WAY behind xD @YoMrWhite you know what... I think I'll keep you company in Sweden xD

Not likely. I had a very slow SS1. It didn't feel so slow, so I was surprised to be so far behind Snaky. Maybe I was not committed enough in the really fast parts of the stage. SS2 - SS4 were better, but the Mitsu felt too nervous this time. After fighting with understeer in Monte Carlo, I had too much oversteer here. I guess I really should use those 10 shakedowns to finetune setups...

No time to do the next four stages today. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Ok, I take back what I said. Apparently I lead over Snaky by 15s at the end... that includes few situations where I lost a lot of time. Naturally I don't expect to maintain the 1st place in Sweden for a long time xD