Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRTy Forumers League

After first four stages and what can be said an erratic performance from both driver AND car (yes, again) I'm so displeased with this game that I decided to re-install/re-download it before attempting the other 4 stages.

Also, here are snapshots from my poor performance as a driver:

Look at my glorious low quality settings! Video recap since i forgot how i drove the league already.
https://youtu.be/3lgpTlGv4W8

Also, thats a lot of Subaru in my video. BE PREPARED.

Safety first was my approach, and I damn well made it through. Too many small mistakes on the first two stages and the last 2 stages to be any threat to @Snaky115, but pleased nonetheless with one stage win and one just a few tenths behind. 

Well, after re-downloading the game and having the "slow mode" on the SS5, on SS6 the car literally was revived and went back into its old tail happy torque monstery thing :D Naturally such a drastic change took me a while to adjust, to be specific about 33% through it. After that I felt like I was flying through the stage (not literally and no pun intended). Unfortunately the two offs that I had made it impossible to win the stage, but I lost only 6s, which if the bug wasn't "fixed" I imagine would've been 16s at least. I won the SS7 and lost the SS8 by 0,9s, mainly due to a massive spin thanks to a pole on the very last corner but... it was enough to secure 2nd position. Good fight there @Dytut

Sweet Lord Bahamut I am happy that I got my Focus back :D Hopefully this will be the case for the rest of the season. Also, just to check I scored a run on Anodou Farmakas (aka SS6 on this season event) and it was 5:55.419, 4th time overall. Now I'm confident I can really push it in Finland without having to visit squirrels :D

Sorry guys, i didn't find enough time to do Greece and I'll probably have to skip Finland because I'm away on business until Friday. Maybe I can squeeze in Germany on the weekend before I'm off to London for a few days. Busy schedule. Just slot me into those fourth places for the events I'll miss...

This time Finland was not about trying not to crash, but trying not to damage the car through driving. I had few offs here and there, mainly on the SSJ stage but nothing major, and yet... the damage after first 4 stages was unreal.

2nd service stage: http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3589/Ta7AqE.png
3rd service stage: http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9910/SrhnGO.png

I started stage 5 without any warning lights (no pun intended). Before the first split I already had a radiator warning and shortly after that the engine light came up. On 6th stage I noticed a slight loss of power, which changed into misfiring from the exhaust near the end (also hit a pole quite literally before the pre-last straight...). Stage 7th was an orchestra play from the exhaust. Last one was just fix the power delivery and try and get as best of a time possible. Full push mode. I managed that as well, with getting the engine warning light mid stage, no misfiring from the exhaust though. Given that I was driving a Focus with Martini livery and a Colin name on the windows... this quite literally was my version of Colins "Mad Max day" :D

One thing I did notice was that the car felt literally like it was held together with zip ties. The feeling of the car falling apart is quite possibly the only positive side of the entire damage model in DiRT Rally.

If @Snaky115 and @Dytut won't make any silly mistakes or won't be visiting the squirrels, I'm possibly gonna be visiting the 3rd place this event. The damage made the car a lot slower, which made it easier to drive, but the times were noticeably slower from the usual. Good luck guys, you really need it, cause those cars will quickly start falling apart, especially the radiator.

#AvoidBushes

Made a simple challenge for myself - not let the radiator light pop up.

Challenge successful = had fun in Finland.

I'm literally refreshing the League page and seeing @Dytut results come in. So I got 10s of a lead before the last stage... gonna be close, if you're gonna win, I want to see that run of yours, as I was pushing hard there (with a mostly broken Focus, but still xD).

I'm literally refreshing the League page and seeing @Dytut results come in. So I got 10s of a lead before the last stage... gonna be close, if you're gonna win, I want to see that run of yours, as I was pushing hard there (with a mostly broken Focus, but still xD).
I'm kinda disappointed of my run. But I also finally got to get to know the Subaru 01 in Finland, which was good. 

SS1: Took it slow and controlled, no push. Thought I would be a bit faster than I was, but the aim was to find a good starting point with the car. 7 seconds behind.
SS2: Started to push. Was fast, but also managed to hunt squirrels. So lost time in the end.
SS3: Pushed harder. Made a light touch on a bank with the rear, and LOST THE FRIGGING REAR RIGHT WHEEL. Limped home, surprised I didn't lose  more time.
SS4: Dared to push, and it felt surprisingly good. 5 seconds behind after this stage.
SS5: Was going awesome! Controlled and fast, really good rhythm. But my soft setup had a flaw, which now became apparent. Too loose sway bars. Managed to tip over twice.
SS6: Took the sway bars into account and pushed it. No squirrels, took back the lost time. 5 seconds behind again.
SS7: Short stage, pushed on. Was going well, then some weird compression thingy happened in a place where it usually doesn't. Flipped the car upside down and into the woods. It flipped back in the end, but had to reverse out. Pushed as hard as I could after that, managed to keep it to 5 seconds lost. 10s behind for the last stage.
SS8: Knew @Snaky115 was too far behind to be a real threat. Knew I had to go hard to snatch back 10 seconds on the last stage. Pushed like crazy, but forgot the soft sway bars. Car got top heavy in a fast right hander and flipped over. Had to reset, and then I just drove it to the finish line.

Still, was a good fight @RyuMakkuro. The next time I drive the scooby in Finland I'll at least know what to do :-)

Blergh. In a way i had only 1 good stage, and that was the first one.
Rest of the time i might or might not have been doing this:
https://youtu.be/B8TV8KKEcnw

Note to self: spend at least two days setting up a tail happy car for a tarmac rally, otherwise you're going to regret it.

Well, let me put it this way. Every single service station resulted in me having a different setup for the Focus. This car on tarmac is the most 037 like 4WD car in the game. Honestly, touch on the throttle and you're sliding till kingdom come. Result being even though @Snaky115 spun out few times, I still managed to mess up the first stage so much that I couldn't catch him up by the end of the event.

Wales it is then. This is one nerve wrecking event so far xD

Not on good terms with the black stuff, as usual. Spun out on SS1, spent the rest of the event just trying to find some speed. Figured I should at least be able to keep contact with @Snaky115 if he's had had a real bad event. But alas, I could not. SS7 I lost focus and hit the crowd two times. On SS8 I went for speed and actually got a feel for the car, had one spin and one grazing hit aswell as some real bad corners and still got a decent time. Too bad it was the last stage...

Color me surprised. Seems like my uber luck push on stage 1 saved me from Ryu, besides him having his own troubles.

The chances of me finishing Wales are really low. Stutter reappearing for Wales (?!!) and stalling engine every fifth braking point (Thanks Devs for implementing this, really) is making me extremely frustrated.

Currently force stopped after a BSOD, this does mean it wiped my infuriating stalls, for now. Very defeatist attitude atm...

Well, I finished Wales and for once I actually enjoyed it. By the mid-point I had 13s of a lead over @Snaky115 and given that the last stages did not include the same mistakes I made on the 3 out of 4 first stages, I have a sneaky suspicion (pun intended) I may steal the win.

In any case, your turn mate :D

Hmmm... given that it has become effectively a League of 3 players at this point, I'm not really sure if it's worth keeping this go. I don't mind personally but would like to hear what you guys think.

It has taken its course, already had when it went below ten active IMO.

Unfortunate, the repair placement was fun. What was the final theme prepared after this one?

I didn't want to chicken out, but I just didn't find the time to take part in the last four events, being away twice in the last 10 days.

I'm back now and wouldn't mind a new season. On the other hand, four participants is indeed a bit scarce. If we can't conjure up some fresh or old faces, it may be better to move on. I'm really not sure if we should give it a last shot or shoot it down.