Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

DiRTy Forumers League

RyuMakkuro

KevM said:
Whens this end?  I want to save some tokens, buy a Polo & get it upgraded, before I have a go at stinky Monte...  :(
For me, just now. I'm dissappointing myself with my driving and my attitude (attitude as in "oh my lights are broken I have a flat tire it's snowing I'm on the Col de Turini and I'm in last place in the event let's retire"). Also, Polo was not such a wise choice so early on.

I'm guessing the season will only get harder.
Another league event completed, this time I chose the Polo and it was great. While managing to complete seven stages without major mistakes, I made a spin and almost fell of a cliff on the last stage. Overall, lost 25 seconds to Porky, I was able to win one stage. I'm happy to have my confidence and consistency back. :)

Yeay, made it through, decided to go ahead in the unupgraded Polo, 1 punctire, and uncountable spins, and I'm second to last (as expected) :smile: 

Ryu, commisserations to you for setting up a diabollical league, there's a special place in Hell waiting for you :smile: 

No on to keep upgrading my Polo and maybe spend some money on engineer perks.
Well, that rally was a horrendous waste of time for me. 

As aforementioned, I stuffed it in Sainz fashion by pinballing my car into a cliff face, getting a puncture and substantial damage for my troubles. 

Then, just over half way through the rally, co-driver tells me we're down on power. Awesome. 

SS7, my car just loses it's mind through an icy corner, probably due to the damage, and I go over a ridge and suffer terminal damage. 

*SIGH*
Auduns said:
Ryu, commisserations to you for setting up a diabollical league, there's a special place in Hell waiting for you :smile: 
Yes, I know. Along with a long queue of people wanting to stab me in the back :joy:

Nono, not stabbing in the back, I think we want to look you in the eyes when we stab you :smiley: 

Jokes aside, I really like this hardcore setup, makes everybody look after their car
Everybody says 'unupgraded' . Wasn't 1.0 Update supposed to remove upgrades from leagues and therefor disconnecting it from career ? So shouldn't any car there be at its full upgraded state regardless of wether you have the upgrades in career or not???

Have I missed something ? Thought it would be that way now?

I really thought about skipping this one, because I like Monte Carlo the least and I'm useless at night. But then I just grabbed the Polo and started, without even shaking it down. So, how did it go?

SS1: I felt quite good in the Polo. Then, after a few corners - BUG! I had two codrivers alternating and one of them - the one reading most of the time - was completely off. Not late, not early, but plain wrong. These were the notes from another stage. (If you wonder why you didn't encounter this, I have the german version of the game. Because, as you might guess now, I'm not really from scotland.) But i digress. Back to the stage. Of course it didn't take me long to crash. And the rest of the stage wasn't pretty.

SS2: Gave it another shot. Still the same BUG. Tried to drive without listening, which worked relatively well. No crash.

SS3: Miracle! The bug was gone. So happy, I nearly wet myself. Went on the attack and had one spin in a tight place. Oh well... Apart from that, not too bad by my standards. Because, you know, I'm useless at night.

SS4: Mostly the same story as SS3. One spin in the wrong place, but better than I thought.

Summary after 4 stages: Polo feels great, too many mistakes when trying to push. But a lot of fun was had. Now I hope the bug stays wherever it went.

thecraicbear said:
SS9, my car just loses it's mind through an icy corner, probably due to the damage, and I go over a ridge and suffer terminal damage.
I'm pretty darn sure that I've set up only 8 stages. It's the Porky that can run an extra stage xD
Haha, yes you did. For some reason I was thinking 10 stages and not 8 :) it was SS7 my car choked out. I'll make the change to avoid confusing others!

So... Did the next 4 stages.

SS 5: Not fast, but no big mistakes either. My only clean stage.

SS 6: Spin in a hairpin. Not serious, but a big time loss.

SS 7: The BUG reared its ugly head again. This time, the codriver was sometimes a few corners too much ahead and repeated some calls. Lost my concentration, had a crash and blown tire. Made it to the end with time loss of 1 minute.

SS 8: BUG. Principal codriver was completely wrong and the second threw in some comments, too. Where have you been, mate? I guess I crashed somewhere. Glad it's over.

I really hope this bug won't be there at the other events. Apart from that, I liked the Polo very much and had some fun with it. And after this ordeal, finishing just 5.40 behind Porkhammer feels downright heroic.

Think I finally understood the Polo in comparison to the Fiesta. The VW is like a disciplined car, and it'll do what it's told. Don't be afraid to back off on the  throttle, and it'll straighten itself again. The Fiesta is like a stupid dog. You NEED to throw it around and hope it cooperates.

EDIT: Its late and I'm tired. Perhaps I got too poetic or something. Either way I can really see my good English grammar fading :neutral: 
Didn't posted report yesterday - was pretty much too angry for how the event has gone for me.
1SS - not bad,
2SS - not bad,
3SS (first long?) - very long left 2 (that with the specce cars on outside) gone too fast hit the car on roadside with right rear wheel -> puncture. Had to do almost 80% of the stage on punctured wheel - 1:30min off the leader - event was basically done for me.
I've managed to get to the end...maybe I'll scrap few points if enough people crash.
It seems like the bug with damaged radiator not causing almost any damage to engine has been fixed. My engine was damaged after few km's with warning light on water and immediately started to sound different - like it was before after 6-8 stages with broken radiator.

Edit: Just had a look at the leaderbords, @Evilsmurf you lucky man, almost got you there!

I hope I didn't mess up the league for me. Didn't have time for the full event last night, but thought I'd give 2-3 a go. But then I noticed that there was no "save and quit" option anywhere at all, not even at service areas. So at 4th stage I alt-F4:ed before I started so I hope I can continue the event.

Archived