Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

DiRTy Forumers League

RyuMakkuro

Stage 4:  could say I enjoyed the run! The time wasn't great, but the car is! :). I even get 25 mins to change a headlight bulb at this point, what's not to like???? lol

Stage 5: lots of fun, got a late note from Paul, spun, punched him in the balls, got going again. Still climbed a place (possibly due to a retirement)

At this point, top ten would make me happy, Monte never plays nice

Stage 6: nothing to report! Still cautious. Enjoyed the slippy stuff!

Stage 7: Went into daydream auto-pilot (I do that sometimes on long stages),  & always hear the double caution, always head for the death-bank on the right.  Had a half spin while recovering from the silly mistake! Management light came on further up the stage a bit.  Surprised to be up to 7th, but 3 secs in it......

Stage 8: well well well...  That's an indication that I don't play monte often enough.  Really enjoyed that one!  Funny conditions, really able to push on the ice & virtually dry on down the hill! Enjoyed the rally!

The Hyundai is awesome! Those 2 cars have made the game for me

KevM said:

Stage 7: Went into daydream auto-pilot (I do that sometimes on long stages),  & always hear the double caution, always head for the death-bank on the right.  .............
Is it me, or does anyone think Paul should use an Indian accent for the double cautions, and consider screaming "triple caution!" ? :D
KevM said:
Stage 8: well well well...  That's an indication that I don't play monte often enough.  Really enjoyed that one!  Funny conditions, really able to push on the ice & virtually dry on down the hill! Enjoyed the rally!
The Monte is more enjoyable the better you are in it. It's all about the flow there. Once you have that it becomes massive fun. If you don't have it, it's a fight with the car basically (along with being very slow).

Also, a REMINDER.
The car you all choose for the first event is the one you're stuck for the whole season, as according to rules. I don't want to start dishing out penalties because someone forgot that bit ;)
@Porkhammer just so you won't miss this one :p 
Ok, I did my runs, and here's how it went.

SS1 - Went a bit safely, since I wanted to get a better feel for the default setup on Polo, which is... crap. Not as it handles like crap, but as it performs like crap. From an OP machine to a slow ass snail basically. Still, 4th time with only 0.2s behind CrazyNevada.
SS2 - First 90% was like "this is gonna put me on 3rd place" and then... I spun from hitting a wall. Went a bit too fast for the default setup to maintain the grip on the road, back step out and... yeah. Still 4th though.
SS3 - Few corners in and... a puncture -_- Had to waste the 1:30 for the fix and went on. At the end, 14th position, a lot of damage to the car, all hope for a nice position lost... or was it. I slapped myself and said to myself "Don't be a pussy you dimwit, get your brave pants on and rock on Monte like you always do".
SS4 - Following my own advice I went in and... still too careful. The default setup on Polo really didn't give me much of a confidence at all, though I managed to jump to 13th, from 14th.
SS5 - Finally a repair service. Put a % in bodywork to make it look like a car again, put rest in things that needed it the most and went on the madness again. Another position up.
SS6 - Got few bumps which result in me barely making up 2 seconds to the nearest position which happened to be occupied by a friendly bear.
SS7 - Miracle happened (along with a clean run) and I jumped to 9th position, exactly 0.03s ahead of Kev. "Really tight fit" I thought to myself. Engine light came up though from a scratch (literally, scratch).
SS8 - Last service area, last power stage. All or nothing. Valley Descendant. Ok, my best stage, just drive it like you always do, don't try something stupid like you often tend to. And... I did tried something stupid. End result was that I hit few bumps here and there, which took about 10 seconds in total from my time. But even then I managed to jump into 7th place overall, so happy with the result.

In conclusion, if it weren't for the puncture, I would be 4th at least, possibly fighting for the 3rd position. So a lesson for the next time. Don't be an idiot and slow down when you're driving a car with default setup xD
Evilsmurf said:
best get the polo upgraded then.                                   
It's upgraded in the League by default.
Is there even any point to the upgrade system at this point?

Rhetorical question. To which the answer is no.
The league owner and administrators can select to use the users cars status or fully upgraded by default.

Thats why.

...http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/146922/#Comment_146922
Well, I've had a shocking start to the rally, again. 

I took it too easy in SS1, then in SS2 I tried to make up for a bit of lost time and got a puncture by smacking the left rear on a rocky hillside. 
SS3 wasn't anything special. 
SS4, lost the left headlight on a bush, then a couple of kilometers further I lost all of the lights, somehow. Had to nurse the car home, because driving at night in Greece is fucking hard - nothing like how easy it is on the Monte, in comparison. 

I'm just gonna play for position and play it safe, because I'm clearly having a crap couple of weeks. 
As soon as I get my replacement wheel, I'll feel competitive again. 

Archived