Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Update 11:00AM UK Time | Expected to last no longer than 2 hours ×

DiRTy Forumers League

RyuMakkuro

Well, my league event ended on the third stage, because I slid down the hill too much and the instant retirement came in. RIP 
You're bloody fast man, I been seeing your WRs all over the place. Are you secretly Markko Martin?
Not sure if Markko Märtin, but I could possibly be Tänak Jr. :D
Nah, you're better than Tanak normal!
atonium83 said:
atonium83 said:
I've sent a request to join you on this league, I've bought the game in May and it's the first time I see this type of league  :D
Don't want to sound rude, but if you want your request to be taken seriously, then please take the League itself a bit more seriously.
I don't understand, what's wrong ?
Reading helps in understanding things ;)
YoMrWhite said:

KevM said:
Greece...  at night... o dear/dear me  :P

Yes. I fully expect to be awful. At least i now switched to the english codriver, after nearly 8 months. I only looked ingame for the option to change languages. Stupid me.

Yeah, it would be nice to have ability to change co-driver voice/language through in-game settings, not changing the language of the whole game.
Ehh... well, finished my runs.

The default setup on Polo truly sucks balls. The wheels are spinning most of the time, struggling to put the awesome power to the ground. Who the heck thought it would be good idea to make the car run on almost fully opened diff as default? o.O

Anyway, brake performance drops noticeably on the Polo, which almost got me killed... three times. I was hanging over the edge, thanking that the 1st gear is so short that the car behaves like the cartoon characters trying to go up a steep slope, eventually making it there xD Of course engine light came in on 6th stage for me, due to a too close encounter with a tree on the 2nd stage. Generally speaking, I tried too hard.
Finished!

Like Ryu, I also had issues with the setup, as well as some parts on the car!

After the first half of the rally was spent nursing the car through the darkness without lights on one stage, and a puncture on another, I had to do the second half of the rally down on power. I think I was too aggressive with the gears, and I worn the engine out too quickly. I think I was losing 5-10 seconds per stage compared to other times set.

Anyways, I'm happy with my performance. Just over a minute behind the guys above me I think. 

Greece truly is a test of tenacity and survival. 
Finished!

After the first half of the rally was spent nursing the car through the darkness without lights on one stage, and a puncture on another, I had to do the second half of the rally down on power. I think I was too aggressive with the gears, and I worn the engine out too quickly. I think I was losing 5-10 seconds per stage compared to other times set.

Anyways, I'm happy with my performance. Just over a minute behind the guys above me I think. 

Polo loses power quickly. I think it has a lot to do with the setup, with 1st gear being unusable in most situations and basically going "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" which wears the engine down, and the diffs being open which gives basically no traction whatsoever, which results in more "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA".

A trick for breaking the lights. Pause the game, go to graphical settings, increase the gamma. Voila, daylight in night :p 
Finished!

I have to congratulate you on your performance. Even as I babied my car through the stages you still managed to beat me, with a puncture and "going easy". Well done!

I'll look into getting the last three stages done tomorrow.

Also, probably missed the answer, but why can't we have custom setups again? Is it for maximum competitiveness or something?
FloatingGrass said:
Also, probably missed the answer, but why can't we have custom setups again? Is it for maximum competitiveness or something?
You're correct. You did miss it. Few times actually.
It's a bug with the League. Can't set up any of the new stuff, which results in all being locked and there being no career engineers. No car setups as well. Basically only upgraded cars. Would be nice if the higher ups could do something about it.
OzoreXS said:
just a few quick things:

- You can save progress at service areas.
- Cars for this event are fully upgraded. Independently of what owners have in their garages. "Owned Vehicles" deactivated option in league rule this.
- Same with engineers, League config is not taking the owners carrer mode. The problem is, as I said before, you go to the rally with a roll of tape and spare tyre, nothing more. The repair screen is useless with this "career engineers" option deactivated, since you need half hour to repair 2/3% of something.

No, it's good, seems to be a game issue.

Loading the game, i will always connect to racenet, no problem, i can randomly play the daily's and other online events, including leagues.

However, when it fails, it fails completely, normally on the part where you hit 'start' and the screen should fade out to start showing your car rolling up to the line, instead, it drops back to the menu and says racenet unavailable.  At this point, it's now always instantly unavailable, so i can't enter online events or leagues, it will just give the same message instantly if i try and select them.  Restarting the game connects ok and lets me back in again.

So, yeah....  interestingly, this problem has also pointed out issues with the rest of the game, as i now can't level up cars or progress in championships, or save progress of usage/renewal of engineers, Steam achievements etc.

I've noticed if i get in quickly and go straight where i'm going, i have more success getting into an online event (although leagues seem different) - same for championships, i can get away with a two stage single event, i can save my progress/upgrades/etc doing that, then exit the game and start again for another one (so slow upgrading cars)

So, this week per yesterday, it would/would not allow me the following;
1) Daily - no
2) Wager - yes
3) weekly mini - no
4) weekly groupA - yes
5) monthly R4 - yes
6) League - no (interestingly, i completed the previous league ok)

Archived