Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Forumers League

RyuMakkuro

No, it's good, seems to be a game issue.

Loading the game, i will always connect to racenet, no problem, i can randomly play the daily's and other online events, including leagues.

However, when it fails, it fails completely, normally on the part where you hit 'start' and the screen should fade out to start showing your car rolling up to the line, instead, it drops back to the menu and says racenet unavailable.  At this point, it's now always instantly unavailable, so i can't enter online events or leagues, it will just give the same message instantly if i try and select them.  Restarting the game connects ok and lets me back in again.

So, yeah....  interestingly, this problem has also pointed out issues with the rest of the game, as i now can't level up cars or progress in championships, or save progress of usage/renewal of engineers, Steam achievements etc.

I've noticed if i get in quickly and go straight where i'm going, i have more success getting into an online event (although leagues seem different) - same for championships, i can get away with a two stage single event, i can save my progress/upgrades/etc doing that, then exit the game and start again for another one (so slow upgrading cars)

So, this week per yesterday, it would/would not allow me the following;
1) Daily - no
2) Wager - yes
3) weekly mini - no
4) weekly groupA - yes
5) monthly R4 - yes
6) League - no (interestingly, i completed the previous league ok)
Still sounds to me like an unstable internet connection tbh. I need to see if my disconnection symptom on RX is still happening. Usually it gives me "Disconnected from the session" or goes straight to "Error 41".
No, it's good, seems to be a game issue.

Still sounds to me like an unstable internet connection tbh. I need to see if my disconnection symptom on RX is still happening. Usually it gives me "Disconnected from the session" or goes straight to "Error 41".
seems unlikely, solid fiber connecrion and no other issues, but willing to entertain it.

Forgot to mention that wrx fails for me too, let's me do everything right to to after the track loads and then it says lost connection.
hi!

At first, I instantly hated Ryu for putting all night stages... I thought it would be a nightmare. And it was indeed xD

Again, applied a safe/fast enough formula, or like Porkhammer would say "85% performance runs". I put an extra careful effort because I konw driving without light in Greece at night is impossible (not like Montecarlo, where driven without light is often even better xD)

From stages 1-3 I was too careful, just being able to adapt my sight to night. Then I was a more comfortable and start enjoying the stages and the car more and more.

Full of joy, I performed a perfect horizontal barrel roll without consecuences on stage 4 xD

From stages 5-7 I even was able to get 1st position (temporal). Coulnt believe the "affordable" times you did. Seems like everyone had some troubles on those stages.

Then ... fucking fateful stage 8. fall of a ravine at around 90% of stage... restarted the car and got some penalty.

So, i´m actually 3rd; not bad, having in count how good drivers are in here.

This was the damage on last service area:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/643250756737032267/CA409CCDC252422AF566411A8B5B486AA6859494/

Just the engine filure light appeared on 8th stage. :)

Very fun event, despite the "all night " thing. So not rancor for Ryu :lol: ...  live without fear for a few days more! , but watch your back. 
No seriously, I really like the way your managing this league. were facing new stuff...difficulties.. and I love it.
Welp... just finished Greece. In all honestly I completely sucked, and came in over a minute behind the other person in last place. Still, I can't say I had fun. My goal was to finish the rally and score at least a point in the season, to get started better again. I only pushed on the final stage, and still lost by a minute to the first place driver (however I did fall into a ditch and fly into some people, so it would have been 30 sec).

I can't wait for Finland, mostly because I want to prove (lolno) that I can actually drive a German beast which, at the end of (my) day looks like a can of sardines, competently. Hurrah for seventh place!
Quite satisfied with my run. Running 75-80% speed, which means less risk, which resulted in my car staying quite intact over the whole rally. Currently on 5th, with nearly dead on 40 min.  Would give me some sweet 10 Championship points if I stay there :) 

Cheers
Thisitira thea...pretty nice stage up to last part where I've somehow relaxed and first rescued from rocks, but then next corner...and few after that....well - see it for yourself:

https://youtu.be/8gzpUR0LTGI

It's good there was a service area after that...I'm going to leave DiRT for today and go shot some heads in BF4.

Archived