Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

DiRTy Forumers League

RyuMakkuro

versedi said:
Thisitira thea...pretty nice stage up to last part where I've somehow relaxed and first rescued from rocks, but then next corner...and few after that....well - see it for yourself:
It's good there was a service area after that...I'm going to leave DiRT for today and go shot some heads in BF4.
What the fuck is with that camera angle? o.O
versedi said:
Thisitira thea...pretty nice stage up to last part where I've somehow relaxed and first rescued from rocks, but then next corner...and few after that....well - see it for yourself:
It's good there was a service area after that...I'm going to leave DiRT for today and go shot some heads in BF4.
Multi-monitor setup, using a capture software that lets you select how much of the screen you want to capture, could be a few different things that would have it uncentered. It's even 4:3
versedi said:
Holy shit, chosen wrong preset in HandBrake software to encode videos, lol ^^
Notice how my right front light breaks even though I don't hit anything at the end of the clip.

https://youtu.be/8gzpUR0LTGI
Stage 1: done, semi-cautious approach. Got through unscathed (bonus)

Stage 2: went off the road, no damage but lots of reversing

Stage 3: rolled fairly quickly & landed on wheels, pulled 3rd & kept the shoe in.  Clipped something shortly after, spun & punctured.  Contemplated Retirement at the side of the road for 10-15 secs. Decided to continue, couldn't turn car on the shitty narrow stage.  Got going again & discovered 3 tyres & one bare rim doesn't really provide much less grip than the normal standard Greek stage with no gravity mod!

Stage 4: yeah - mind drifted off to other things, I don't think I had anything to report maybe...?

Stage 5: Caution went out the window, minor crashed 3 times (hard not to) but was happy that I couldn't have driven harder for the rest of the stage.  Maybe cost 25-30 seconds, so I'm sure someone has been at least 3mins faster... (Yawn)

Stage 6: no drama, didn't really push much but no accidents or 'moments'.  Maybe lost 7-8 seconds from caution so likely at least 1 min 30 down on this stage (where's the logic lol-ness)

Stage 7:  lost any appetite I had for this rally. F-it mode engaged. Went off, damaged lights at last & punctured.  Who cares, none of its that relevant in this game these days 

Stage 8: Last stage, know it well - happy days, nice enough run, small overshoot, had to spin car, lost a few seconds. Apart from that, clean, nice lines, good speed (bound to have lost 3minutes cos DiRT logic)

Pheu!! finally finished this event? Went for a cautios approach in order to keep my car functioning, and it worked, ended up in 7th place overall, which I'm extremely happy with.

Have to say that the default setup on the Polo is very easy to drive in Greece, and very forgiving.

Only thing to mention was a broken right light on SS4 and a spin on SS8, lost maybe 3-4 sec on the spin, and wouldn't have made any difference.

Hoping I will be able to stay within the points before this event closes :smile: 

Thanks
I've somehow finished.

What do you say about an agreement that we keep the day time realistic (Morning, midday, afternoon, and max 2-3 night)? I don't really care about the weather or difficulty - but this just seemed to be: wrong, unrealistic, boring.
versedi said:
I've somehow finished.

What do you say about an agreement that we keep the day time realistic (Morning, midday, afternoon, and max 2-3 night)? I don't really care about the weather or difficulty - but this just seemed to be: wrong, unrealistic, boring.
Well, it wouldn't be hard if it would be all in nice weather at day :p You guys choose the theme and I'm not one to write "Hard" and actually make it easy. When I say hard, it's simply hard ;)
versedi said:
I've somehow finished.

Well, it wouldn't be hard if it would be all in nice weather at day :p You guys choose the theme and I'm not one to write "Hard" and actually make it easy. When I say hard, it's simply hard ;)
have to agree with Ryu on this one, we chose the event, and got what we deserved :smile: 

That said, I really like it and there are plenty of time to set up events with more "normal" conditions.
I'm back, and I finished the event with 20 minutes to spare!!!
Got 2 questions for you guys:
- Was there any possibility to modify the setup of the car in this league? (I used the Hyundai and didn't have the option)
- I just bought a used G27 and I still can't get the hang of it, too many years used to the Driving Force GT. How do you set up the handbrake, which button do you use?
I used the shifter for that before, but now I can't
Auduns said:
versedi said:
I've somehow finished.

have to agree with Ryu on this one, we chose the event, and got what we deserved :smile: 

That said, I really like it and there are plenty of time to set up events with more "normal" conditions.
I liked the challenge very much. I was cursing cause it was too hard but I knew it was just as hard for anyone (but for Porkhammer that has laser vision) so it was alright.
Procver said:
I'm back, and I finished the event with 20 minutes to spare!!!
Got 2 questions for you guys:
- Was there any possibility to modify the setup of the car in this league? (I used the Hyundai and didn't have the option)
- I just bought a used G27 and I still can't get the hang of it, too many years used to the Driving Force GT. How do you set up the handbrake, which button do you use?
I used the shifter for that before, but now I can't
You can use hair rubbers or other rubber bands to transform gear shifter into handbrake like this (or other more creative way, I had to add two more rubbers in vertical position to avoid slipping off):

Welp... I can rest assured I really am no match for anybody at all in the world. Started Karisto with high hopes, pushed hard, hit a tree at the end of the stage sideways, and for some reason damaged the lights and radiator. Service did no good. On the next stage I tried Ryu's gamma trick and it worked until the pacenotes got too fast, I lost myself and crashed. On stage 3 I began with a f*ck it mentality, and retired halfway through, seeing as there really was no point in continuing. I had already racked up six minutes on a short stage and was on my way to 10 on the third. Oh well.

Let's hope I can at least score one point in Germany.
Procver said:
KevM said:
The Polo in Finland is absolutely unreal Ryu, though you'll miss the setup option
Can we fiddle with the car's setup in this league? I didn't have the option last event with the Hyundai
It's bugged currently since 1.0. Everyone's waiting for a patch. You can't make an event in a League with car configuration turned on (it's unavailable).
You also have a service area - but without enginers so you can fix at tops 6-8%.
versedi said:
Procver said:
KevM said:
The Polo in Finland is absolutely unreal Ryu, though you'll miss the setup option
Can we fiddle with the car's setup in this league? I didn't have the option last event with the Hyundai
It's bugged currently since 1.0. Everyone's waiting for a patch. You can't make an event in a League with car configuration turned on (it's unavailable).
You also have a service area - but without enginers so you can fix at tops 6-8%.
Well yes, I noted that the service area does pretty much nothing. It's like if they had a pincer and wire, simulate to do something and then "There, I fixed it"
Default. Setup. On. Polo. Is. Utter. Crap.

I. Repeat.

Default. Setup. On. Polo. Is. Utter. Crap.

I went into first stage thinking "ok, let's take it nice and slow and be patient"... rolled on the 2nd corner -_- If anyone driving a Hyundai will survive this event, I will not believe they went over 3rd gear xD Rest of the stage was less... eventful, especially since I was driving like an old grandma and still trying to get in grips with how crappy the setup on Polo is.

Next few stages went rather smooth, as I effectively was making up the loss I had to @Snaky115  after the first stage, beating him at the end of 4th stage by 7 seconds. I was still driving like an old grandma, but with more confidence in the car, as I finally got to grips with how it handles on Finland. Funnily enough, I seem to be doing better on rain than at night when it comes to Finland. Complete opposite when I look at how it went with 2000s class for me...

Anyway, so after fixing radiator AND engine before the 5th stage, radiator and engine lights came up anyway on the 5th stage (radiator after first few jumps, engine light just about 70% of the stage) and @KickUp was kind enough to inform me that the engine temperature is going up right near the end... Next few stages greeted me with a cloud coming from the engine.

On the 7th stage, or rather near the end of it, @KickUp informed me once again, this time that we're down on power, and the exhausted decided to celebrate that occasion with farting. Literally. Through the last 30 seconds of the stage the exhaust was popping every second. Technically that was nice, but such frequency and... lack of "boom" in it made it more like very frequent farting from badly digested fuel, rather than madly burned fuel in the exhaust xD

Once I reached the final service stage, this was the screen that greeted me:

Naturally I ignored the recommendations and put 3% to radiator and 1% to... exhaust, since everything else (aside from bodywork) would put me over the time limit.

Then I started, surprisingly well to that, still accompanied by the farting band, was nearing the half point and... Error 41 -_- Well, launched the game back up and my 2nd attempt was not as good, at least the beginning of it. Was definitely out of the rhythm for the first split but it kept getting better. Grandma style of driving still kept with me throughout the entire event. Then again, I'm usually crap on Finland, so not much of a difference anyway xD

Archived