Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Forumers League

RyuMakkuro

Lets make this short.

SS1: Smooth run, except for the last part, where I nearly crashed out.

SS2: One spin, some seconds lost.

SS3: Two spins, some more seconds lost.

SS4: Too slow.

SS5: Two big crashes. Car looks like it's done, but keeps on driving.

SS6: More crashes, puncture, going on full speed, crashing, completely losing it. Codriver sounds concerned and proposes anger therapy. Retired. Demoralized.

Well finland, ...my mortal enemy.

The ambition was simple: Do not destroy the car.
This plan worked well... up until I got a punctue on stage 4 in the rain... and on stage 5 too, and lost my headlights on stage 6 acompanied by a spin... and another puncture on stage 8.

Finland is still succesfully fighting against me and my plans to finnish a finnish rally in one piece.

Cheers

P.S: I sadly noticed that I won't be near my PC during the Sweden final , although Sweden is now my favortite location. Well for all the strategists here, let me say: My points after Event 5 will be my final points, so somebody can probably overtake me on the rankings
I had one mantra: slow but steady. And I slowly but steadily went forth without any crashes or mishaps. Until the last stage, where I missed a call and went straight forward into the forest instead of the 3 left I didn't hear from @KickUp. Managed to miss the trees so no damage, but was auto-reset which cost me a lot of time. And so my mortal enemy @Evilsmurf  passed me by 5 seconds. Next time.... next time...
Stage 1: drive with 'the fear', couldn't push the car and braked for every corner (let guard down and nearly rolled on 2nd last lol).  The i20 is great, but a liability in Finland.  Happy to make it through.

Stage 2:  Felt at home here but still at 95% pace.  Even had a 4 yr old sticking an iPad in front of me with an orange smiley face on it! Again, happy with my stage, out unscathed.  Didn't lose much time to 'the normal'

Stage 3:  Again, familiar territory.  Pushed a little more here, though slightly untidy in the darkness.  Happy I set a good time here :)

Stage 4: nice stage, rain reduced Hyundai's suicidal tendencies.  Backed off on a couple of spots where I could have went flat, & made a silly mistake when someone walked into room behind me, went wayyy off on a grassy area, but found my way back. Lost 5 silly seconds  :#

Stage 5:  Car starting to look a bit shagged at last service, put all my time into suspension.  Set off, nice run, good predictable surface, 1 wet-weather tank slapper, lost some momentum on a quick section. Down 3-4 secs maybe?  Happy with that

Stage 6: back to bone dry rolliness... Double caution!!  EML came on mid stage, this may be the end.  Do I have a 5 yr warranty?? :)

Stage 7: drove clean and fast, no reason to loose any time really???

Stage 8:  nice stage, just enjoyed it (after stage 7, I sorta gave up).  Slight lapse of concentration, slid wide on a 3 right tightens, silly mistake.  Came to a stop but didn't kill the ambulance man. 

Fun-ish rally - I'd like to take a moment to thank my sponsor for the event, Mr Arthur Guiness.  Without his help, none of this would be possible!  :p

Now lets see Porkhammer Dream the impossible dream...
My event is now done. All stages went smooth with about 85% driving to preserve the car. I only started doing mistakes on SS8 because the car started hissing and it distracted me. Overshoots, high-speed spins, booping into stuff with the rear... but I'm happy to finish with the car in one piece.

I would have taken possibly a 30 secs lead from you as believable & tangible, cos I f@cked up a teenie-weeny bit and I know you know these stages as well as I do, but o no...  

FFS just race me some day, it'll be fun!!  Don't be scared :)
My worst.Finland.rally.EVER from stage 4 onwards, punctured a tyre right at half a long stage, went to the trees, engine light, water light, "We're losing power" and "water's heating up" from stage 5... I think I don't like the Hyundai anymore... and my driving skills lol
However it was kinda fun struggling to take the dying I20 home, never broke a car that bad without an abandon. Hope I can make a few league points.
Lol. First stage. Fail. I Hit a tree head on and smashed 1 light. I then hit some more trees and smashed all the lights then get flat front right. then some warning light came on. then flat front left and some driving about off road trying to find the track. then the co driver said something bad about the radiator. So I ended up happy to find the Finnish before the sun came up. I can beat the best Ai quite easily but as soon as I do a league event I seem to fail completely.
Was eager to start the event, I really like the Finnish stages, and hardly ever get any punctures.

Decided to use the same strategy as Greece, slowly but steady. doesn't get the same speed as you guys get, but it gets me home in one piece.

Had the usual spins reulting in maybe 10-20 sec loss overall, and a lost my lights at the end of SS3.

Still, I'm happy, I'm at my usual 3,5 mins behind Porky, and thats where I'm supposed to be :smile: 

well, time to do my best this evening. 

I take part in 3 more leagues, but I never miss the Dirty Forumers one. :)

Despite I dont like Finland stages, nor driving at night.. I love the Ford Fiesta; and thats only why I´m joining you in this event.

Acutally, I like Finland, but I just cant perform as I like out there. After months of its release I´m still unable to remember black points and I cant get references; fuck my fish memory xD

But where I suck hard is at Sweden.. my god, no matter how many times I drive there, is always new to me.

Archived