Jump to content Jump to content

DiRTy Forumers League

RyuMakkuro

Back on topic.

Remembered to do the league.

Wished I'd forgotten again.

Booted up the game, went straight into the league. When will I learn?

Overcooked the first right hander on the first stage, and proceeded to smash my way through the the event. 2 punctures, a couple more rolls, my radiator ran out of coolant on stage 6 and whistled so loud that I couldn't hear KickUp sobbing in the passenger seat anymore. Finished stage 7 only to find out Steam had disconnected somewhere in the stage.

Went back to finish it tonight. Tonight was not the night for learning apparently, because I went straight back in.

Stage 7 (again) Flew through the first section, saw the arch for the jump, decided to slow down slightly to get round the left hander. Instead of lifting off slightly, for some reason known only to God, I smashed the brake as hard as I could. Into the trees on the inside of the corner, drove out with no lights and a front right puncture.

Stage 8 Wasn't that bad once the radiator finally stopped whistling.
wahhoooooooo
someone stole Porkham´s 1st position 

Finland is though, unforeseeable. But what a times you both scored! congrats RCM and PH!! what a driving.

Now Germany. If I play my cards right, i think I can get 3rd on this one :)

Bets???

Snaky115 said:
I feel HORRENDOUS - 3 crashes later, one of them caused by a personal health issue, i have finished where i am. Horrible. Disgusted to do this badly on my favourite stages in the entire game.
Well, take time and rest. It's best to wait rather than straining yourself. There are 72 hours to finish it, so no need to do it at the very start.

@SkiddyMcCrash Germany is up :p 
The time has come to remove people from inactivity, so here's the list:
- xavivg - complete lack of any activity
- rampage - not participating in any of the events
- Olly - blatant lying about not having time, while scoring 60 hours of playtime in the past week, constantly in CSGO. Unless someone wishes to give a second chance to you, permanent kick from League.
- griever - not participating in any of the events
- Tommie Lindberg - complete lack of any activity
- raphwatts - lack of activity on forums and in league
- roystoon - lack of activity on forums and in league

Warning for lack of activity (forums or in league, "guilty" knows which one). Keep being non-active/very low active and you'll be removed from the league:
- Audi75
- DrStrangelove
- Turbodevin
- enamel
- Major Hobble

Would be nice if some could start posting on this thread more, though it's just a personal favour:
- RacerAce27
- JJBruce
- Evilsmurf

This league is for actual forumers who want to compete with other forumers. If you just want to get into a league or you're not going to compete anyway, please don't apply or inform that it's that case. Makes it easier for me to manage the league.
- Olly - blatant lying about not having time, while scoring 60 hours of playtime in the past week, constantly in CSGO. Unless someone wishes to give a second chance to you, permanent kick from League.

Warning for lack of activity (forums or in league, "guilty" knows which one). Keep being non-active/very low active and you'll be removed from the league:
- Audi75
- DrStrangelove
- Turbodevin
- enamel
- Major Hobble

Would be nice if some could start posting on this thread more, though it's just a personal favour:
- RacerAce27
- JJBruce
- Evilsmurf

This league is for actual forumers who want to compete with other forumers. If you just want to get into a league or you're not going to compete anyway, please don't apply or inform that it's that case. Makes it easier for me to manage the league.

Hi Ryu

Accept the warning, just out of curiosity, what constitute the correct amount of activity in the forum?

I know I'm not the most active here, never have been on any of the forums I've been frequenting, it's how I am, if I don't have anything constructive to contribute with, I'm shutting up :smile: 

However i really enjoy this league, and will continue to race as long as I'm allowed.

- Audi75
- DrStrangelove
- Turbodevin
- enamel
- Major Hobble

- RacerAce27
- JJBruce
- Evilsmurf

Isn't that a bit harsh? That's nearly half of the participants.

On the other hand, that might just be the only chance for me to crack the top ten...

YoMrWhite said:
Isn't that a bit harsh? That's nearly half of the participants.

On the other hand, that might just be the only chance for me to crack the top ten...

No one asked them to participate. They joined in on their own. Besides, those that were removed haven't participated in the League anyway. In other words, you won't notice a difference.

Warning serves as a simple reminder, so as long as they'll be actually participating and being active on forums (hopefully in this thread as well) no one will remove them.
Auduns said:
Accept the warning, just out of curiosity, what constitute the correct amount of activity in the forum?
Post per day or two (on average) I would think is about enough of an activity. Just more than is now. 21 posts since your joining date in July is on a very low side, especially when most have been done here (or in the closed one). If you see a discussion going in, simply chime in. No one says you need to be everywhere ;) Just enough so we actually know you're a forumer ;)
Finished germany, went pretty nice, except stage 6 where I have lost a lot of time at one point due to a jump endling slightly to far in a rock...
I'm currently even best time on stage 7 (At least until the fast guys come around)

Anyways: I scored half a second behind snaky115 on stage 8. But I highly suspect that once porkhammer runs it the distance will be bigger. Therefor I have a question, I can make out 5~10 corners where I could improve if learning the tracks more (Which in itself is not really intended in a Rally...but more for circuit or hillclimb races) But that would only accumulate to 1 maybe 2 seconds faster I think. Where are teh most significant time losses in my Stage 8 Run , and/or do I have a significant mistake in how I drive? Heres my stage 8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG64MKszZfs

Since Setups are disabled the only difference is the driver skill, so to improve myself I would ask for some guidance? (Yes the car ias also different but I think the Polo is capable of running Fiesta times, isn't it?)
Cheers 
Dytut said:
kobeshow said:
I was really looking forward to this but the league bugs put a damper on that ): As soon as they sort it out I'll be rallying again^^
Look at it as an added challenge. Preserving your car is a big part of a rally drivers skillset :-)
Yeah I could live with only the engineers missing, but I still want to drive "my" car you know (;
SkyRex said:
Since Setups are disabled the only difference is the driver skill, so to improve myself I would ask for some guidance? (Yes the car ias also different but I think the Polo is capable of running Fiesta times, isn't it?)
The Polo with default setup is crap as hell, since it has almost fully opened diffs... all of them. On top of that it's always running with massive negative camber (which you want in tarmac) so you're left with a lot of power that you simply can't put on the ground effectively since... no traction.

As to your driving:
- often you brake too soon. Way too soon.
- hairpins = drift. There's not a single hairpin corner in Germany around which you don't drift basically.
- when you do happen to drift around a hairpin, instead of the car pointing directly at the road, it's pointing at the field which means you still need to do some steering. If you steer, you don't accelerate. If you don't accelerate, you lose time. Simple as that. Don't be afraid to use that handbrake more aggressively.
- not sure if it was due to night time and league, but you're generally speaking just too slow through the corners. Take it faster, those cars can take it. At worst you'll be hit with understeer and know that you went too fast there.
- use whole track space on the light high speed corners. Every inch matters and the better you use it, the more speed you can put through a corner.
- tight square corners = drift. Why? Because why spent ages gripping through a corner when you can point the car in the correct direction and just rocket out of the corner. Handbrake makes it so you point the car in correct direction and the spinning rear wheels make sure you have power.
- smooth out your steering input. Make it more flow like, rather than quick impulses. This saves a lot of speed, believe it or not. More speed means higher average speed and that means better times.

I think that's all, at least not much can be said about your car control when you can't see the car. I don't understand why people ask for an advice and then show a cockpit view. If we see the car, we can see how you handle its behaviours. That means we can provide more accurate information on how you can improve your driving.

On another note, just got myself a DualShock 4. Did few stages of Sweden to get a feel and then went for the League and... 6s slower than my WR, not because of the setup, but because I was unsure of how to use the gamepad. So I'm going into other games to get rid of my DualShock 3 habits and get fully used to the new one. Hope it won't take more than 54 hours xD

- Audi75
- DrStrangelove
- Turbodevin
- enamel
- Major Hobble

- RacerAce27
- JJBruce
- Evilsmurf

Archived