Jump to content Jump to content

The farce continues

Grid start duel Spielberg. Pre race beste time opponent 1:02:6xx, mine is 1:03:0xx. Ok, so should be a close race if opponent were real and not a fake AI, cheat or whatever. 

I have a better start, after first corner I’m 0,7 secs ahead. I extended the lead to 1,3 secs at the end of sector 2 and don’t make mistakes. Then all of a sudden 4 turns before the finish line (half way sector 3) the ‘opponent’ is right behind me. Passes me at the left side, outside the track without being slowed down by a penalty, and also passes the last AI car in front like it isn’t there. At the finish line I’m 0,8 secs behind. 

It feels totally rigged!

First of all, how could I get in front 1,3 secs if the opponent is potentially able to drive so insanely fast? In the last sector he’s 2,6 secs faster than me while I didn’t make a mistake. I was 2,7 secs faster in the 2nd sector. 

Second, how can it pass me outside the track without a penalty?

And last, why do I lose, while my lap time is better than his?! 0,13 secs faster. In grid start your total time should be equal to your lap time right? At least the total times should have the same difference as the difference between the lap times. Or am I missing something there?

—————

Same opponent on Hungary track. Grid start, our best times pre race very close. Reasonably close race until last sector. All of a sudden I lose 2,5 seconds in last few corners without me making a mistake. 

Another opponent on Portimao. His pre race best time is 4 secs slower than mine. He improves his best time 5 secs against me, so I lose the race. 

Etc. Etc. Etc. 

104A5CCC-E92C-41C2-B8E0-6490D613E7EC.png

Edited by RubiconXX78
Title got auto moderated 🤣👎

• RubiconXX78 changed the title to The farce continues

Yes it’s a total farce indeed. So much for the ‘update’. Now we get really penalised for cutting chicanes while ai or cheats still get around it.
And I have the same, I am in front, even 3-4 seconds extended my lead, then  last sector it’s like he pushed a turbo button and flies away. SO STUPID!!!!!!

‘Update’?????? What update. Grrrrrr.

May the Farce be with you!

I haven't noticed the farce so much on the backend, so to speak, as you gents describe; I'm seeing it more on the front-end, and the farce is strong with this one, especially in grid starts. 

For one glaring example, pre-race best times I'm 16 seconds faster, but I only get a good start and the bot is off like a rocket. Splits the rest of the field to the front.  I race well, but can't catch up and lose by 3 seconds. Of course, the other bot minions run a bit of interference, like running side-by-side (love that one) and just generally doing their best to get in the way or deliberately try to run me off track. That's a theoretical 19 second swing. C'mon, really?!

I've had quite a few races lately where the "opponent" has beaten its best time by several seconds--not fractions of a second--but several whole seconds, AND THAT’S WITHOUT DRS!

This is all very familiar. 😛

One thing I'd recommend though is to put this in the official support forum to have a tech guy from Codemasters (certainly masters at writing code!) to answer any query you have. That way it will be rectified in the next update. Guaranteed! 

On another note, I've raced Brandon twice, Once I DNF'd on the start as I was trying to watch TV at the same time and wasn't watching lol. 2nd time last week or so at Zandvoort, he beat me. I tried but his Merc was too fast for me. 🙂

Edited by Ruddman

13 hours ago, Ruddman said:

This is all very familiar. 😛

One thing I'd recommend though is to put this in the official support forum to have a tech guy from Codemasters (certainly masters at writing code!) to answer any query you have. That way it will be rectified in the next update. Guaranteed! 

Funniest thing I've heard all day.  Thanks for the laugh! 😂

16 hours ago, Ruddman said:

On another note, I've raced Brandon twice, Once I DNF'd on the start as I was trying to watch TV at the same time and wasn't watching lol. 2nd time last week or so at Zandvoort, he beat me. I tried but his Merc was too fast for me. 🙂

Pic, or it didn't happen. 😉

I was wondering if that was you.

Screenshot_20220312-213518_F1 Mobile Racing.jpg

Yeah that’s me. 😄

I can’t watch tv and race I’ve discovered. I got mad because I knew it was you only after I crashed. 
A shame because if that’s Montreal, I may have given you a run for your money. 😛

im lazy with the screen shots. I’ll be sure next time. 😉

• Agree 1