Jump to content Jump to content

F1® 2021 | Patch 1.17 Notes

• Administrator

Hey drivers,

Patch 1.17 is out now on all platforms. Check out what's in this patch below:

• Addressed an issue where if a player joined during the grace period of a qualifying session, they would be unable to start the race
  • Fastest lap point is no longer removed after editing results in Leagues
  • Grid penalties now correctly carry over from sessions in Leagues if they are completed at different times 

General

• RedBull White livery added as an option to use on the Player Car
  • Improved AI Behaviour in sessions when they are on in-laps with faster cars approaching
  • Addressed an issue where Victory VO may not play at the end of a race
  • Addressed a calibration issue with the Fanatec CSL DD pedals
  • Addressed an issue where the R&D completed or failed screen would show up blank
  • General stability improvements
  • Various minor fixes

Please note that the patch notes cover ALL updates to their respective patch. If it's in there, we'll have mentioned it 👍

Many thanks,

Codemasters Community Team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 2

• General stability improvements
  • Various minor fixes

It's only ever this bit I take issue with. It's either just making the patch notes seem longer or directly contradicts the "if it's in there, we'd have mentioned it" because you're not mentioning it.

Can't have both....

• Agree 6

9 hours ago, TPMillo said:

Hi Barry,

Do you have any clarification on what the issue was with the CSL DD Pedals?

I can verify that my brake deadzone settings were wiped on my G25 pedals, had to reintroduce them. It's not worth the bug report but maybe some will notice DRS wont activate (brake auto close), so it was a straight line jump to cause from effect.

Edited by steviejay69

18 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I can verify that my brake deadzone settings were wiped on my G25 pedals, had to reintroduce them. It's not worth the bug report but maybe some will notice DRS wont activate (brake auto close), so it was a straight line jump to cause from effect.

Slightly frustrating that a bug fix will have wiped my settings then, especially as I'll be home just before my league race. 

I love patch notes, but we need a bit more detail in them. 

1 minute ago, TPMillo said:

Slightly frustrating that a bug fix will have wiped my settings then, especially as I'll be home just before my league race. 

I love patch notes, but we need a bit more detail in them. 

Let me know if it's the same for you.

22 minutes ago, Markovl said:

Yes but not ai behaviour in outlaps.

Just to confirm, it's also fixed for outlaps. Came out of the pits during qualifying behind Hamilton and he moved over for me when I got close enough. 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Just to confirm, it's also fixed for outlaps. Came out of the pits during qualifying behind Hamilton and he moved over for me when I got close enough. 👍

Yes, I also experienced a big improvement both inlap and outlap, I posted it in the bug report thread. So thanks for the fix. Just was curious why outlaps were not mentioned in the patch notes;)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, s00zster said:

Thanks for your report - finally, that took a while being fixed...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sector4 said:

So, is the new Podium Pass Series coming on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Don't trust the in-game timer anymore. 

Wednesday. It's always usually Wednesday. Once it gets past the days, then it starts counting down the hours.

2 hours ago, TomAAA said:

So still no fix for the safety car restart where it disables your revs and you can no longer heat the tyres etc?

Seems so, I was wondering why the safety car was not mentioned at all in the patch notes, since there are several issues around it, that need to be solved (no overtaking of lapped cars, issues when you enter / exit the pits around the SC, Jeff informing you too late as you approach the SC, problems with the restart, just to name a few).

Edited by Schneehase

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It's only ever this bit I take issue with. It's either just making the patch notes seem longer or directly contradicts the "if it's in there, we'd have mentioned it" because you're not mentioning it.

Can't have both....

It’s code for tweaked ai cheats and scripts 😂

To be honest, nothing has changed! 
1. AI still drives next to you when you both on your inlap.
2. AI lets you through on your outlap and then pushes you from behind so you can't do your outlap at your own pace.
Both AI behaviors repeats itself over and over until you brake hard, then the AI drives away.

It's getting embarrassing to announce an update that doesn't bring any progress. 
And no i'm not bothering to write a bug report. I'm getting tired of this. It doesn't change anything.

Edited by FIE
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wenjunyang1990 said:

How i can use the white Redbull livery?

You have to create a new player car livery then the white Red Bull is in the Liveries as a selectable skin. But it's useless as the player car is the Mercedes 🙂

7 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Probably when I returned to 2021_TTRS_4 I wiped the wheel driver when uninstalling 2021_TTRS_2. I'm gonna say I probably was responsible for recreating the custom controller profile and simply forgot to set the brake deadzone. 

Soz.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FIE said:

2. AI lets you through on your outlap and then pushes you from behind so you can't do your outlap at your own pace.
Both AI behaviors repeats itself over and over until you brake hard, then the AI drives away.

Unfortunately I've experienced this too. What's the point in a car letting you pass only to try and race you while you're trying to do a practice program or a qualifying lap?

Come on, Codemasters - wake up!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2