Jump to content Jump to content

Gaming chair v Wheel and pedal set

Scrogs

I'm sick of sitting on a rubbish chair when playing my console. Poor support....makes my back ache. And even with a few cushions put on it, my bum gets sore after a while. I've got some cash that will get me a decent gaming chair. Mmmmmm.......they look so ergonomic and comfortable. BUT.....I nipped into the local gaming store today and there were wheel and pedal sets for around the same price.

What's an (old) feller to do?

16 minutes ago, Scrogs said:

I'm sick of sitting on a rubbish chair when playing my console. Poor support....makes my back ache. And even with a few cushions put on it, my bum gets sore after a while. I've got some cash that will get me a decent gaming chair. Mmmmmm.......they look so ergonomic and comfortable. BUT.....I nipped into the local gaming store today and there were wheel and pedal sets for around the same price.

What's an (old) feller to do?

Wheel and pedal set obviously then go to ebay and buy an old bucket seat cheap then go to you tube and find a video how to build a sim racing rig cheap out of ooooooD.

• Agree 1

If you're keen on grabbing a wheel, you'll need some trick to keep an office or gaming chair from sliding whenever you hit the brakes hard to dive bomb your way to a podium. There are rubber stops that you can put under 2-3 of the casters if putting the chair against solid furniture or a wall isn't feasible.

With a good, properly solid wheel stand you can probably sit wherever you want, even on a bean bag, and still have a good experience. I think if you're looking for a seat exclusively for gaming, go the quality & comfy route, don't sweat on a gaming chair if the price doesn't feel right. Specially considering my opening paragraph.

Totally irrelevant fact: bean bag chairs are called puff in Brazil.

• Thanks 1

Lack of space is the problem folks. My 'gaming room' is the smallest bedroom in the house. About 7ft x 7 ft square. With a single bed in it....too much storage furniture for room size (can't move them cos no room elsewhere)...and full of guitars/guitar stuff and amps that Mrs Scrogs doesn't want anywhere else in the house.

I'm sat wedged up against a radiator (in a **** chair) playing on a 24inch TV screen that is placed on top of the bedside cabinet. Distance between me and screen is about 4 feet.

And for added jeopardy....my console is on the floor between chair and TV screen.

This setup was bearable initially....was only gaming for short periods of time but now I've become a 'serious' gamer 😁 and playing for longer periods I need rethink.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scrogs said:

Lack of space is the problem folks. My 'gaming room' is the smallest bedroom in the house. About 7ft x 7 ft square. With a single bed in it....too much storage furniture for room size (can't move them cos no room elsewhere)...and full of guitars/guitar stuff and amps that Mrs Scrogs doesn't want anywhere else in the house.

I'm sat wedged up against a radiator (in a **** chair) playing on a 24inch TV screen that is placed on top of the bedside cabinet. Distance between me and screen is about 4 feet.

And for added jeopardy....my console is on the floor between chair and TV screen.

This setup was bearable initially....was only gaming for short periods of time but now I've become a 'serious' gamer 😁 and playing for longer periods I need rethink.

Your priorities are all messed up , Your forgetting the kitchen , kitchens are great places to play games . First thing is to strip out all the unwanted stuff like storage cupboards and units , ovens and appliances can go and the fridge ( you live in Britain just keep things fresh outside in a plastic bag , getting rid of the unwanted stuff from the kitchen is easy ,next door neighbours usually have unused space on their side of the Fence/wall so that's easily sorted..

Now you've got rid of all the stuff that's irrelevant paint the room up nice and stick some posters up on the wall of F1 cars etc and install whatever gaming gear you want in there , one last thing is to put some signs on the outside of the old kitchen doors 'DO NOT DISTURB' and instructions to any other members of the house hold to use UBER eats if they're hungry ...............TADAaaaaaaaR!!!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If it's comfortability, then you definitively need to buy a better chair. Then change the room up a bit, maybe try and move things for more space. I have a cousin who doesn't have any gaming or computer chair, he just has his computer propped in a small table and a ton of pillows by the corner lol.