Sign in to follow this  

Autosport's too hard

As an experient F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, DiRT 3, Forza 4, Forza 3 and Forza Horizon driver i'm struggling a lot at this game. I like to play F1 games against expert A.I and I could keep a good pace, like getting podiums in a Sauber, sometimes. 

But I'm really having a difficult time at Autosport. I'm 2/3 seconds slower than everybody else, i'm struggling to do turns without stability on, i'm struggling to play at all.

I play F1 games with throttle/brake on RS and without any assist, but on Autosport this setup doesn't help.

For a bit more traction, I used to setup my cars with long gearing and lower and stiffer springs for less loss of traction, but on Autosport this doesn't help.

Anything I can do to improve traction, please i'm getting mad. looks like i'm playing Shift 2. And the cockpit cam isn't that bad, i liked the blur, but it could be a little more detailed. 

I found using traction control and abs on works great. Everything else off try that and rember easy entering the corners and smash the gas when u get a bit straightened out.

I found using traction control and abs on works great. Everything else off try that and rember easy entering the corners and smash the gas when u get a bit straightened out.
yeah that's probably the best tactic

Now i'm getting used to the new physics. I'm having a good pace on medium, later i'll try on hard.

To me it's pretty easy. I'm playing on medium right now with a controller. The only challenge to me is touring cars, that is it.

Youre faster without any assists on.
Tried both but assists really makes you slower.
So I think you better turn of those assists and get practising.

They are not real pro in Forza I think. They where not real pro in Grid 2 either. Now they are.

And without ABS, no way I can get even near the pro. And it's the only help I use.

So far the best I can do is 8th after 20 laps with touring cars on hard without assists.  I tried open wheel on medium with TCS and ABS and by lap 20 I had lapped about 5 cars.  I'm going to try hard with no assists on my next open wheel race to see what happens.

ukfan758 said:
To me it's pretty easy. I'm playing on medium right now with a controller. The only challenge to me is touring cars, that is it.
how is it easy when you are having a challenge on MEDIUM..?

what assists are you talking about specifically?

Look with tc and abs on with the AI on medium and only racing normal laps I can usually go from 16th to 1st in 3 or 4 laps. Easier to do in open wheel and tuner(might be wrong with tuner its the one without drifting ) brain fart right now . Touring cars is probably the harder of them but can be done. I usually can past those ravenwest turds by 2nd to last corner.

Seriously try to and abs on everything else off really makes car stable . O BTW ds3 user here.

sucr4m said:
what assists are you talking about specifically?
Alll of them actually.
But I am using a wheel so that makes things easier I guess.  

Gui1 said:
As an experient F1 2010, F1 2011, F1 2012, F1 2013, DiRT 3, Forza 4, Forza 3 and Forza Horizon driver i'm struggling a lot at this game. I like to play F1 games against expert A.I and I could keep a good pace, like getting podiums in a Sauber, sometimes. 

But I'm really having a difficult time at Autosport. I'm 2/3 seconds slower than everybody else, i'm struggling to do turns without stability on, i'm struggling to play at all.

I play F1 games with throttle/brake on RS and without any assist, but on Autosport this setup doesn't help.

For a bit more traction, I used to setup my cars with long gearing and lower and stiffer springs for less loss of traction, but on Autosport this doesn't help.

Anything I can do to improve traction, please i'm getting mad. looks like i'm playing Shift 2. And the cockpit cam isn't that bad, i liked the blur, but it could be a little more detailed. 
I have the ABS and Traction Control on, and the Stability Control off. With that set up the car feels very good. I get a 1st place on medium when I race (and medium is challenging). I also have the race distance on X5 so that the race has more time to play out. Also if you have it on X5 the AI will get wear and tear on their cars, then you go for the overtake.

Gui1 said:

I have the ABS and Traction Control on, and the Stability Control off. With that set up the car feels very good. I get a 1st place on medium when I race (and medium is challenging). I also have the race distance on X5 so that the race has more time to play out. Also if you have it on X5 the AI will get wear and tear on their cars, then you go for the overtake.

I was experimenting with TC and ABS on and off for various cars yesterday. ABS on the original mini is hilarious and allows you to brake pretty much at the apex of a corner -- likewise the hypercars without ABS and TC are incredibly hard to corner without them spinning out.

I decided to adopt a "per-car" basis for aids - I'll only turn on ABS and/or TC for cars which would use it normally. The stability control, at least in the American muscle cars, is very strange and spoils your momentum coming out of a corner (I think it's braking inside wheels, but the whole car lurches unpredictably). Traction Control just destroys your speed coming out of corners, which probably means your cornering technique isn't right.

Aside from the McLaren P1 or Bugatti Veyron (which really does need TC & ABS to drive) I found it far more satisfying to turn the aids off and race with some left foot braking and feathering of the throttle. The game rewards you as you improve your technique...