Jump to content Jump to content

Is there any proof?

I’ve come across Brandon twice but that’s all. I don’t always take note of names linked here but I’m sure it happens. But not often. 

I have a little theory I've noticed sometimes after racing against the same opponents 6-8 times in a row.. The difference between the Qualifying (the real duel), Sprint and Grid Start and how they behave. It’s intriguing, it’s almost as if they are different ‘drivers’.  
The behaviour between the different formats is odd. The Quali car drives clean, on the racing line, either as fast as the times indicate or much slower. 
You either win or lose, then you get to the sprint or grid start and it’s a crash a thon. The car now has completely different behaviour. All over the track. Bouncing off drivers. Smashing Into them to make them spin into you. Smashing into you as well  brake testing so you run up the back to DNF. And sometimes they crash and DNF. 

I kinda wondered if it’s cheats, hacks, or deliberate coding. Or perhaps they’ve farmed out some or many cars to certain countries and gamer rooms and given the cheats so real drivers do nothing but win and smash you out. Which would explain the occasional spin they have and DNF. Why make a fake ai opponent DNF? Maybe it IS a real driver after all being ‘paid’ by CM to beat us real drivers? 

i have a super high PI now on my car (2710*) and raced against another in a custom car. My times are very quick, but he raced off and best me by 6-8 seconds every track. That’s huge. In a custom car. Real? Fake? Real with cheats? CM farmed out real driver with cheats? 

Either way, it’s another way CM knowingly rip people off. 

* Pm for details. A CM glitch that is now gone Not a cheat or hack in anyway. 

Edited by Ruddman

I also want to add something interesting. Because it’s been mentioned many times about the opponents time displaying  when he crosses the line as to way to distinguish between possible real and ai. 

Since I race a lot, I’ve been noticing some trends. At times I do race the same opponent anywhere from 4 to 8-10 times in a row. All formats. And I see the peculiarities I mentioned in the previous post. But I also noticed the finishing times for the same opponent change. One race it’s instant despite me having a 10+ second lead. The very next race it’s pending until he crosses. So it’s not certain if it is ai or not. Then it races benignly. Then it doesn’t and seems to be all over the road aggressively and will waggle before the finish line if it’s beating me. Real then? 

So are CM coding real players behaviours into ai? Are they ai? Is it a real player who exists before the race hence the benign race that continues slowly? Is it an ai but a real player has access granted by CM as a sole purpose to crash out opponets? Why would an ai opponent DNF by spinning out alone on the track? 

Real? Fake? Both? 

So many questions. But few answers. But one thing I DO know. CM is laughing all the way to the bank. 

Edited by Ruddman
  • Confused 1

There is a lot wrong with this game but the developers don't listen to the feedback we give them or they don't read this Forum!  Also on Facebook "F1 Mobile Racing-Official Facebook Group" you can read a lot about the bugs that are in this game and the imperfections that are in it.  They also put announcements on there, so they have to read that!  Since the game was taken over by Electronic Arts, it has been very quiet on their part, while before there were comments coming back. 

As a company, you want your customers to be satisfied with what they get/pay and if all goes well, more customers will come.  I get the feeling that more people are just leaving this game.  I also understand from the comments that there are a good group of people who have invested serious money in this game and are thus now not getting their money's worth.  That is downright shameful!

About the inconsistent behavior of the ‘opponents’. What I think is that in one duel it might be a real human racing, but in another duel it’s the same player again that leaves the duel before it starts and then the CM AI takes over and races like whatever their algorithm wants it to race. That would explain the fact that in some races the same opponent drives a time according their pre-race best time, but in another is way slower (usually) or faster (rare). Ever wondered what happens to ‘your’ own duel when you quit before it starts? It won’t cost you any points nor will it change your win ratio*. But very likely your opponent that continues will see you racing although you left. In the 2020 version leaving ‘too late’ before the duel started costed you a loss and points, which isn’t the case anymore in the 2021 version. Probably because it was annoying in the 2020 version that a lot of times the duel was canceled because the opponent sneaked out before it started (or lost connection). So to prevent this they might have decided to let all duels always continue, regardless of your opponent being there or not, but with consequences which we see as inconsistent behavior of ‘the same’ opponent. 

What still would be strange - if the above was true - is that I also see that in qualifying you NEVER get beaten by an insane difference unless you make a big mistake. Usually if the actual lap time differs very much compared to the opponents pre-race best time, it’s because the actual time is way slower than that. However in grid starts (mainly) this can be very different. Although I don’t see it that often anymore, but IF you get beaten by an absurdly fast opponent it’s always in grid start duels, never sprint or qualifying. That wouldn’t make sense if opponents randomly leave duels sometimes for whatever reason. 

One last remark and observation lately. It’s possible again to make long winning streaks. This was pretty much impossible for a long time, you would always get the insanely fast opponent after 3-5 wins. Recently I got to a 27 winning streak, but for a long period I never got past 5 or 6. Of course my car has become faster over the time, but I’m not the only one so that wouldn’t explain the difference to me. Right now I’m at 2400PI (level 8 chassis, now waiting a century for level 9 and the last 12th part to add to the setup), where it was like 2150 2 months ago I think. 

*It might also explain for the fact that sometimes you can beat a player with a certain winning streak, while in the next following duel you race the same opponent again while it still has that same winning streak. If the opponent left the duel before it started this would be possible I guess. Although I have mainly seen it as proof that in fact we are screwed by fake CM bots. Who knows…..?!

Edited by RubiconXX78

Although it happens not that often anymore, but sometimes you will still get the fake insanely fast opponent in a grid start duel at a point where you have a good winning streak going on that CM wants to end one way or another. 

Screenshot below is the result of a race when I was at a 18 streak. Opponent didn’t had a pre-race personal best time noted yet on Shanghai, but still manages to drive 1:26:xxx in grid start where I was able to block it the first half of the lap, so the 4 secs gap at the finish was created in only the 2nd half of the track. C’on! My PB is 1:26:xxx but driven in a qualifying duel. Without me blocking it the first half of the lap the opponent would have driven like maybe 6 or 8 secs faster than me. Impossible!

Checked the rankings but this ‘opponent’ was nowhere to be found although it has the same amount of points as me. Tiresome. 😞

998AE78C-FD33-4015-BD8C-441914C10F03.png

Edited by RubiconXX78

Tiresome.   Good word.  Seems like every time I race an "opponent" with a level in the 30s it results in 0 points awarded and we just happen to have the same amount of points.

I truly believe there are far more bots racing here than humans.  I have another good word: fraud.

Edited by LET5G0BRAND0N
Correction
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Ruddman said:

Take it to the ‘support’ forum. 
@BarryBL will assist. Guaranteed!! 

@Ruddman, a few pointers here.

1.  I work on the F1 game for console and PC, not mobile racing. The link for their troubleshooting is here: Codemasters Support (helpshift.com)
  2.  Number of rude and offensive posts to others, looking to start a argument. I've already issued you a warning on March 24 over this, please be more respectful of others.
  3. To conclude here, I post heavily on the F1 forums, including the new one on EA answers. From your activity and message, you have informed us that the update for Mobile Racing is not good, and thats it. Please adhere to the rules here: Forum Rules - F1® 2021 Game Forum - Codemasters Community

Not the case, as mentioned here @Ruddman, I do not work on the mobile racing project. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Ruddman said:

Come on Barry, please show where ANY support is given? 
You’re saying this ‘technical assistance’ forum is not monitored? Officially? 

Absolutely didn't say this, please stop speculating and taking my words out of context. I'm the community manager for F1 for console and PC. Also, you've not completed a bug report or told us any of the issues in the appropriate format. 

As previously mentioned, posting your issue using the template would help the team help you. But Mobile Racing is a different project, with different people. Telling us our update 'sucks' and calling us 'cowards' isn't something I can pass on with any information that would directly help the team.

• Agree 1