Jump to content Jump to content

Team meeting - 02/12/15 ... with added PS4 Patch Update

jennyannem

• Social Media & Community Team

Apologies for not getting this out on time. Anyway, as you may or may not know, every other Wednesday we have a big team meeting in Birmingham. Aside from getting to sample the delights of Birmingham (and having the luxury of civilisation just outside the window) this is where we get together, discuss how we're all doing and get an update of where everyone is. 

It will surprise no-one to find out that there was two big topics of discussion at Wednesday's meeting.

One of these was...

Patches

Yes, we did talk about patches! After a bit of a technical hiccup, a delay and some other glitches, we talked at length about the PS4 patch and how it was coming on. After an update from the dev team, the general thought was it was going to be finished very soon, and since then, I can now update you and tell you that the PS4 patch has been approved internally and is now with Sony for testing. As soon as we get the all clear from them we will make it live to the public. We anticipate that will happen early next week. (I can hear your sighs of relief from here!)

The other topic we talked about was...

Testing

If you missed our F1 2016 testing details, you can go and check it out here. If you haven’t nominated anyone yet, you’ve still got (a little) bit of time to get them in to us. We’re very excited about what's coming, and a lot of discussion surrounded details about these... which I can't tell you just yet, but we're finalising details for this first round of events, and then we’ll be being a little more forthcoming with information in the coming weeks. But if you haven’t got your nomination in yet, go and do it now before it’s too late!

@jennyannem Thank you for the update, hopefully you can see past the negativity by others and keep us informed, the majority of us on here I believe can talk with you as adults and appreciate the interaction with the cm team :-) 
Look forward to hear news on xbox one update and testing details 'soon' ;-) 

@Lozzy Will these be the last patches or will you be still be working on bugs, fixes and game stability going in 2016 on all consoles? Also where can you see this game in few months? Do you see this game being full working game with minor issues? Also if the game sees no improvement how do you feel for the people who have gone out and spent £50 on a game which never reached the standard of expectations?

Hey at all!

Jenny, you are the best.

Thanks for the good News. I hope the new Patch for the PS4 comes early next week. 

Comes with the Patch a Red Flag, Virtual Safety Car or the Safety Car. As a special present for us!

F1 2015 is a good Game, but without the Safety Car is it not so good. And Perez, Kwjat, Bottas drives in every Q1 with Primes and comes not in Q2.

And it is every the Same Results in Practice and Q3. Mercedes, Ferrari, Bottas, Ricciardo or Massa, Hulkenberg, ...! Bottas is faster at Massa in every Practice or Qualifying.

Best regards 

Lozzy said:
Hubbadee the Xbox One patch is in test internally now. There is no time line to communicate as yet, but we'll aim to get it out as soon as possible. Once there is news we'll let you know.

Cheers fella,
I only bought it up because there's normally a run down of all matters at the team meetings! Didn't wanna upset ps4 guys by spouting about xbox on this thread! Hope u guys get on ok with btw!! 

Hey at all!

Jenny, you are the best.

Thanks for the good News. I hope the new Patch for the PS4 comes early next week. 

Comes with the Patch a Red Flag, Virtual Safety Car or the Safety Car. As a special present for us!

F1 2015 is a good Game, but without the Safety Car is it not so good. And Perez, Kwjat, Bottas drives in every Q1 with Primes and comes not in Q2.

And it is every the Same Results in Practice and Q3. Mercedes, Ferrari, Bottas, Ricciardo or Massa, Hulkenberg, ...! Bottas is faster at Massa in every Practice or Qualifying.

Best regards 
I think we've been told a million times there will be no safety car!! 

• Codemasters Staff
Chromatic said:
@newmanfan1 you could be bang on with the estimate some people might remember the photos on social media from an internal email mentioning throwing most of the development  behind F1 2016 just before F1 2015 was released 
Got a link to that picture of the email? I'd love to see that.

Chromatic said:
@newmanfan1 you could be bang on with the estimate some people might remember the photos on social media from an internal email mentioning throwing most of the development  behind F1 2016 just before F1 2015 was released 
I love how you state "most" yet the supporting evidence clearly says "some"

I'm calling troll on this.

ETL......14 times in race.....and no penalty. How can you race fairly against that.you tell me...that's why this game get old very fast...I know you have to patch xboxone and pc again. .but after that please do the penalty system properly on this game. If you look at f1 rules it might help you understand wot ETL is.

Chromatic said:
I love how you state "most" yet the supporting evidence clearly says "some"

I'm calling troll on this.

@HelmetSquad did you look at the second comment? It's been a long time since I saw it last, and generally thought most development would have shifted over to the next game since

A. To continue to build and perfect the new game engine and B. I really didn't think at the time of release codemasters would have continued support for the 2015 game considering their past reputation with previous games. I had to look at it again and then I corrected myself soon after.

The whole leak of the F12015 saga came out in Feburary. The game was released in july. If the newsletters were true codemasters would have been working on F1 2016 for almost a year now. It don't know if it means anything since all sports developers work on a game almost a year in advance. I was replying to one of the members thinking codemasters  actually might want to bring out a game closer to the start of the F1 season.        

• Codemasters Staff
You're right, it's from February and it was part of the newsletter specifically related to the design team who normally work ahead of everyone else anyway. It would be pointless the team being ready to work on a game and not have anything designed to work on.

Archived