Sign in to follow this  

To many complaints !!!!!

This game was thrown together to hope satisfy people that hated grid 2. So I'm sure things were a little rushed some things skipped but IMO they made a damn good game in a pretty quick turnaround from grid 2. I'm sure there next game on the newest gen consoles will be great . I figured there would be complainers about some things but damn I feel sorry for CM cause in your guys eyes they can't do nothing right .
If you don't like the game put it away and play grid 2.

Games fine... don't change a thing.

Great job CM's, now take some time off and get a beer

=D>

Agreed haven't played it myself but everything I've seen and erad on this forum and from vids makes the game look fine to me as well

I have only played some open wheel so far, but I'm enjoying the game. Great job CM, definitely worth buying. I didn't buy Grid 2 because the lack of a cockpit cam. I'm glad it was brought back.

MaxKiLLz... That is your opinion. I think it would be best to keep it to yourself seeing it does not add anything and is just trollish behavior.

MaXKiLLz said:
Funny how some people accept mediocrity.  Even defend it.
I'll accept the "mediocrity" being that I have to play this on an Xbox 360. To me it's better than them going full out and I don't get to play one because I haven't dumped a large amount of money into a gaming PC. For the amount I see some of you guys pay for a PC, steering wheel, racing games, switches, pedals, and the like I'd rather buy a racing go kart or a beat up old car and start actually racing.

EDIT: And since you like games with such awesome detail, I should point out AR-670-1 mandates the wear of distinctive unit insignia on the left shoulder of the ACU uniform on those solid patches - which should be velcro. It's missing either the IR tag or tab which covers it on the top half. Speaking of the top half, the soldier is not wearing the U.S. Flag on his uniform (right sleeve), nor the unit insignia for the unit he has deployed with presently (assuming he has spent at least 60 days in country or engaged the enemy) or prior just below. He's wearing the wrong protective headgear, and his left sleeve does not have those three small pockets that you can place pens in. The resolution on the camouflage pattern is non-existent and the developers were far to lazy to properly model the fire mode selector switch on his M4 Carbine. Whatever game you took that screenshot for must be absolutely terrible.

Seems like most people are really enjoying the game. There's the odd idiot trolling the forum but generally most posts are overwhelmingly positive with people just pointing out some things they would like changed or added to the game. Should get my copy from the UK in a week or so but I have faith in the opinions of the forum regulars and the fans of the original Grid game who know what us Grid fans want from the game.

love the game! Just remove the flashbacks from multiplayer PLZ! :)  Or make a Hardcore playlist like in grid2 (only playlist i keep playing over and over, cause it was FUN! :D 

Its a good/great game, yeah game i mean come on some people have rigs (lol) and tripple XXL screens and buttons and i dunno what more besides a wheel what makes a NASA unit look like a childish playground.

For that kind of money u can buy here across the border a decent racecar (which had a little damage) and go again across the border where u may drive as hard as u like legal on the Autobahn lol, oh and not to mention the beautifull graphic`s they have over there to

:-c

its been pretty positive around for the most part. theres some constructive criticism and a few people who dont like it but overall most people seem pretty happy with it, specially compared to how things were when grid 2 was released. and theres nothing wrong with constructive criticism, how else would the devs know what to fix or improve upon, feedback can be important in that aspect. and for the people who dont like it, let them vent, as long as they say what they need to and move on then it doesnt become an issue. were all entitled to our opinions as long as we dont flood the forums with them over and over and over.

Autosport is straight up in your face racing. AI is aggressive in career and multiplayer can be as well. Not nearly as bad as Grid 2 where someone would drill you into a wall and race over... here you can actually fight for position if you get in a good lobby. Swappin a bit of paint can be good fun. Met alot of good funny Euros on the game. Lovin' it!

RTA said:
Autosport is straight up in your face racing. AI is aggressive in career and multiplayer can be as well. Not nearly as bad as Grid 2 where someone would drill you into a wall and race over... here you can actually fight for position if you get in a good lobby. Swappin a bit of paint can be good fun. Met alot of good funny Euros on the game. Lovin' it!

I got drilled to a wall on Mount Panorama. My engine & suspension were badly damaged. I was pushed on purpose on the wall, because I spin out another player due to ping difference on earlier race. I tried to turn more inside, but his car kept getting side wiped even if I try to getting him on track. This kind of thing happen when you go too slow & shut the inside on purpose.

I often try to not tailgate especially during braking, because it can make like if you pushed the other player into the wall. That's why skilled veteran player usually turn off collision unless they know everyone have a lot of experience online.

I liked it a lot a couple of days ago but I'm sadly finding all the problems as I go  along.... They are on the right track but this one is a quick fixer upper...  

Seems like most people are really enjoying the game. There's the odd idiot trolling the forum but generally most posts are overwhelmingly positive with people just pointing out some things they would like changed or added to the game. Should get my copy from the UK in a week or so but I have faith in the opinions of the forum regulars and the fans of the original Grid game who know what us Grid fans want from the game.
You are the idiot here.
Have a read and tell me how you can possibly think thi game is ANY good.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1231/grid-autosport-an-honest-review#latest
You must belong to the rather youg age player group. Read up on history of gaming and game design. Glad you enjoy this mediocre game though. I don't-does not make me or anyone else a troll dude. We just have higher expectations. And rightly so as CM delivered more for less 6 years ago. Period.

MaXKiLLz said:
Funny how some people accept mediocrity.  Even defend it.
100% spot on bro. My own review addresses that actually. I believe it is mainly the younger and/or less experienced generation of gamers. The ones, that can be exploited by corporations. The ones that throw money at them for BS products-the ones holding back PROPER game development by accepting this. I do not. Nor do you-good on ya! *gave ya an awesome*

I agree got my copy on Saturday and loving it too sure there are some areas where CM can improve but it's a big step in the right direction compared to Grid 2. We need to give them credit considering the short turnaround they had.

BTW @MarkVenom I'm 36 and have been gaming since the 80's. So you can ditch that prediction right now with regard to people here just belonging to the young age group. In fact I'd go as far to say that right now Autosport is my favourite of the Grid series thus far and yes I own and have played all 3 games.

Exactly I'm 41 and compared to other as you state mark simcade. There is nothing better on the market or has been lately. As far as u stating that the AI rubber band man your off your rocker . Ravenwest just has faster cars otherwise you can get out in front and nobody catches you where as rubberbanding the cars would catch you ala need for speed franchise.

I've been around playing racers only since 07 because I had a job and no time to game now retired I play all racers and this one IMO is pretty good.

This game simply don't have force feedback, in 2014... ITS PATHETIC

The game delivers. Sure its not perfect, but nothing is. Name one other racing game and we can give you a list of flaws for all of them. Between more serious games like rfactor, iracing etc and more arcade ones like trackmania, GAS fills a space in my oppinion. It´s simcade and its a very good simcade since the handling is very good imho. For me it is the first GRID i can actually enjoy with a wheel. The first GRID was somewhat ok with a wheel but i didnt enjoy it as much as GAS with a wheel.

Part of it is cause i think the cars in the first GRID were a bit easier to spin out for rammers etc and often you had to countersteer in an instance. The grip dropped dramatically fast sometimes so driving the gam with a wheel felt like work to me and not that fun. I think in GAS the grip you loose on oversteer/whwn getting rammed is better balanced so i enjoy this oen with a wheel while i never really enjoyed GRID 1 with a wheel. Though i havent played GRID 1 in years so that is just what my memory serves me.

And GRID 2 obviously was just too much drifting through every corner and so online the slightest of touch while you did your drifting spun you out. Cause of the better grip balance GAS online races have been much more cleaner for me compared to GRID 2 (and compared to GRID 1 aswell if my memory serves me right)

If i had one wish for GAS it would be the addition of text chat to make the online part feel more alive. Other than that: great job!