F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

To many complaints !!!!!

Give me my time trials and I wont b!tch.
Have you checked out Racenet?  Not too many time trials but at least they'll be different each week while you wait for their return.  ;)

MarkVenom said:
Seems like most people are really enjoying the game. There's the odd idiot trolling the forum but generally most posts are overwhelmingly positive with people just pointing out some things they would like changed or added to the game. Should get my copy from the UK in a week or so but I have faith in the opinions of the forum regulars and the fans of the original Grid game who know what us Grid fans want from the game.
You are the idiot here.
Have a read and tell me how you can possibly think thi game is ANY good.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1231/grid-autosport-an-honest-review#latest
You must belong to the rather youg age player group. Read up on history of gaming and game design. Glad you enjoy this mediocre game though. I don't-does not make me or anyone else a troll dude. We just have higher expectations. And rightly so as CM delivered more for less 6 years ago. Period.
I think you and your fellow troll MaxTrolls should leave this forum and go to the steam forums, your aggressive immature attitudes will fit in just right over there. You appear to have reading difficulties as I clearly state I do not own the game yet but I have faith in the forum regulars on here who are praising the game. Oh and I'm in my 40s so your ill thought out theory is pretty far off the mark and I'll think you'll find that a lot of the forum regulars here aren't especially young or inexperienced gamers.

GAS is truly big step foward, atleast from GRID2 that is, but I still can't believe how CM could screw up cockpit view that much in 2014 game... Give it back/fix it (along with few minor issues) and this would be one of the best racing games ever made.

Maseratti said:
GAS is truly big step foward, atleast from GRID2 that is, but I still can't believe how CM could screw up cockpit view that much in 2014 game... Give it back/fix it (along with few minor issues) and this would be one of the best racing games ever made.
I don't think it's a case of CM screwing up per se. I believe it's a lack of time that lead to that decision being made.

Maseratti said:
I don't think it's a case of CM screwing up per se. I believe it's a lack of time that lead to that decision being made.
Fine, but no word on it from Codies? Releasing single texture pack shouldn't be too hard for them since game is live. We can wait, but need some info if they planning working on it or not...

DJ007 said:
Give me my time trials and I wont b!tch.
Have you checked out Racenet?  Not too many time trials but at least they'll be different each week while you wait for their return.  ;)
I have been doing the racenet challenges.  Very fun, but some seem very easy to plat while others very hard and whats up with the leaderboards?  As mentioned in other threads there is no way to see who is #1.  I mean it will tell you so and so is number one, but if you beat so and so's time you are presented with an entirely different list of even faster racers where it always places me at 21st.

Seems like most people are really enjoying the game. There's the odd idiot trolling the forum but generally most posts are overwhelmingly positive with people just pointing out some things they would like changed or added to the game. Should get my copy from the UK in a week or so but I have faith in the opinions of the forum regulars and the fans of the original Grid game who know what us Grid fans want from the game.

I agree got my copy on Saturday and loving it too sure there are some areas where CM can improve but it's a big step in the right direction compared to Grid 2. We need to give them credit considering the short turnaround they had.

BTW @MarkVenom I'm 36 and have been gaming since the 80's. So you can ditch that prediction right now with regard to people here just belonging to the young age group. In fact I'd go as far to say that right now Autosport is my favourite of the Grid series thus far and yes I own and have played all 3 games.

Then I have to say only one thing: Have fun with shallow gaming. And I am glad you enjoy it. I am not here to talk people out of enjoying the game. Codemasters just does not make games anymore I want to play. That is basically it. Especially considering, that I am forced to play online to have features that should be in single player unless detrimental to the experience, which I fail to see how this would. And if you truly think that the overall gameplay experience of Grid 1 is not as good as Grid AS you are just misguided. Sorry mate.

Question: Are you playing this on console or PC. Which type of game system do you prefer generally-Console or PC? (just out of curiosity-amuse me)

MarkVenom said:
You are the idiot here.
Have a read and tell me how you can possibly think thi game is ANY good.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/1231/grid-autosport-an-honest-review#latest
You must belong to the rather youg age player group. Read up on history of gaming and game design. Glad you enjoy this mediocre game though. I don't-does not make me or anyone else a troll dude. We just have higher expectations. And rightly so as CM delivered more for less 6 years ago. Period.
I think you and your fellow troll MaxTrolls should leave this forum and go to the steam forums, your aggressive immature attitudes will fit in just right over there. You appear to have reading difficulties as I clearly state I do not own the game yet but I have faith in the forum regulars on here who are praising the game. Oh and I'm in my 40s so your ill thought out theory is pretty far off the mark and I'll think you'll find that a lot of the forum regulars here aren't especially young or inexperienced gamers.
/yawn....whatever.

Maseratti said:
You cannot seriously accept that. If you develop a game and notice it will not live up to standards you would release it nonetheless albeit unfinished? No wonder you can live with mediocre quality. I had no idea. I apologise. 

MarkVenom said:

I agree got my copy on Saturday and loving it too sure there are some areas where CM can improve but it's a big step in the right direction compared to Grid 2. We need to give them credit considering the short turnaround they had.

BTW @MarkVenom I'm 36 and have been gaming since the 80's. So you can ditch that prediction right now with regard to people here just belonging to the young age group. In fact I'd go as far to say that right now Autosport is my favourite of the Grid series thus far and yes I own and have played all 3 games.

Then I have to say only one thing: Have fun with shallow gaming. And I am glad you enjoy it. I am not here to talk people out of enjoying the game. Codemasters just does not make games anymore I want to play. That is basically it. Especially considering, that I am forced to play online to have features that should be in single player unless detrimental to the experience, which I fail to see how this would. And if you truly think that the overall gameplay experience of Grid 1 is not as good as Grid AS you are just misguided. Sorry mate.

Question: Are you playing this on console or PC. Which type of game system do you prefer generally-Console or PC? (just out of curiosity-amuse me)
Mark - I think that you have to realise at some point that the product is so far away from your expectations that there is little or no chance of it ever meeting them, even with relatively major changes.

It's a bit like going into a standard garage and complaining that the cars they sell are not up to supercar standard. Of course they never will be and its pointless to do so. You go direct to the supercar manufacturer and you pay the price for doing so.

Your critisism is generally constructive, but you've made your point. You would be far better off going to another site where the product is more in line with your requirements (which seem to be more sim than arcade/sim orientated) and helping that manufacturer improve their product than staying here.

Although you don't appear to like the product much, there are a lot of people that do. There are also a lot of people who want relatively small and incremental changes to the software, which realistically can be done.

I just think you're wasting your time here and your efforts would be better done somewhere else. All that's going to happen is that you will end up fighting with people for no gain. Just my opinion of course.

MarkVenom said:

I game mostly on PC actually and have this game on PC and I'm not misguided I just have a different opinion than you. If I were you I'd just follow @dirt3joe's advice and go to the Steam  forums they seem to appreciate trolling unlike these CM forums.

I have never understood why people hate a product so much that they feel compelled to try to kill someone else's joy for that product. I am currently going through a save game data corruption. So I should be biased but, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, until I hear otherwise from customer service. 

Just like in the Military gripes go up they do not go down. 

I have never understood why people hate a product so much that they feel compelled to try to kill someone else's joy for that product. I am currently going through a save game data corruption. So I should be biased but, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, until I hear otherwise from customer service. 

yeah although I haven't experienced a corrupt save with Autosport yet as it's behaved perfectly for me so far. I have experienced the issue with other games like F1 2010 and a couple of the FIFA's as well but I always assumed that these things happen from time to time and started again. Still having great fun though with this game just started the Grid grandslam last night so going to enjoy that now.

I complaining the AI in the PS3 vesion it always get the better of me in very easy

First off sorry to hear about the corruption I've been through it before con other games, but I stayed calm and they patched it and all was good. But at least you didn't come in here complaining. Ty 4 that .

yeah although I haven't experienced a corrupt save with Autosport yet as it's behaved perfectly for me so far. I have experienced the issue with other games like F1 2010 and a couple of the FIFA's as well but I always assumed that these things happen from time to time and started again. Still having great fun though with this game just started the Grid grandslam last night so going to enjoy that now.
As for the corrupt saves: Have you guys attempted to disable Steam Cloud Sync for this game? Has fixed it in the past for the F1 titles as far as I can recall. It won't fix a broken savestate but it may prevent one from occuring.

P.S. CM titles suffer from this since years. F1 2010 through to F1 2013 ALL had the issue. Has never been fixed, is aggravating and reminds me again why I am so critical. Errors are being made over and over and over and never really addressed. Thus I am so cynical. I apologize if I alienated folks on this thread, but I hope you can understand the frustration.

Was never the intent at all. This is a forum however and the exchange of thoughts also requires alternate opinions to have an exchange. 

MarkVenom said:

As for the corrupt saves: Have you guys attempted to disable Steam Cloud Sync for this game? Has fixed it in the past for the F1 titles as far as I can recall. It won't fix a broken savestate but it may prevent one from occuring.

P.S. CM titles suffer from this since years. F1 2010 through to F1 2013 ALL had the issue. Has never been fixed, is aggravating and reminds me again why I am so critical. Errors are being made over and over and over and never really addressed. Thus I am so cynical. I apologize if I alienated folks on this thread, but I hope you can understand the frustration.
Actually I generally leave Steam in offline mode unless I'm installing or downloading a game from it.

MarkVenom said:

I game mostly on PC actually and have this game on PC and I'm not misguided I just have a different opinion than you. If I were you I'd just follow @dirt3joe's advice and go to the Steam  forums they seem to appreciate trolling unlike these CM forums.
Thank you for your response. As you said: it is my opinion you are misguided. Period. You are entitled to disagree. Being critical about a product does not make me a troll at all. It means I am having a discussion with people on these forums-some like the game for various reasons and others don't. Just because I do not (and I have also valid points to back up this stance) does not mean I am not entitled to voice this here. Be it on this thread or anywhere else on this forum. I find it absolutely atrocious to see forums on the internet ALWAYS having people like you calling anyone with 'au contraire' opinions from the mainstream a troll in some sort of lousy attempt to discredit or alienate the person in question. It is actually a 'fascistoid' attitude I do not appreciate.
I accept yours and leave you be-you should accept mine and leave me be without calling me names. Thank you.