Jump to content Jump to content

[PC] Red 'X' and Desync Issues since 1.18 patch - READ RECOMMENDED POST

shion13

I was part of this almost starting league race and I can tell you that atleast 5 cars were desynced, which led to some interesting event in qualy and in the formation lap.

Basically cars were flying, getting stuck on eachother or just straight up drove through cars like it was ghosted.

Personally I find it kind of ridiculous that this happened after a patch to fix cosmetics in the game.

If the patch doest get reverted or if we are not going to get a quick fix for this then this game will be completly done for the remainder of its life, which for me is actually quite sad cause we still had a lot of races planned for this season.

• Agree 9

the same patch as last time. desync problems. please roll back the patch as soon as possible. Why you patch the game without testing? 
we already had the problem a few months ago. And it took 6 weeks to fix it.

comon...

• Agree 8

Nice fix, nice Update. You actually killed now the rest of this Game. The Server arent work anymore. Every leauge I watched today canceled there Races.

Guys really, this Game is trash, desyncs, terrible physics, terrible rules and tracklimits and now you killed every Server so no online lobby worked. What the hell are you doing all the day? If i would do my job like, they would had kicked me after the first week.....

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

I dont know why you spend time in april (!) to bring out a new patch to the old game (instead of working on the new one) which completely breaks it again.

It is impossible to drive online now. The same problems as last year where we already had to stop all leagues for like 6 weeks. This made us lose so many drivers who lost their motivation.

If this is gonna take longer than very few days the same will happen at this game. Nobody is gonna find motivation to come back and Im really not sure how many of them would buy the new game then.

With your decisions you are killing league racing and their communities.

• Agree 5

Exactly the same things happened with us, cars flew around although people were still driving.

I hope that it will be fixed quickly and that everything will be better with EA. (It can only get better)
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

After the Patch the game is unplayable like a few month ago....

All cars are Desynced, flew around get stucked on each other and other crazy ****!!! All our league Races are Canceled for this week!!!

I cant understand how it is possible to destroy a game like this with a 250mb patch thats for cosmetics basicly?!

SO PLS CODEMASTERS JUST PATCH IT BACK OR DO ANY OTHER HOT FIX SO WE CAN RACE AGAIN AND FINISH THE SEASON !!!!!

• Agree 3

45 minutes ago, Badmayhem said:

Have ya tried clearing you cache?

Also nobody tested lobbies before their races........what?

How bout what platform your playing on?

In my best Barry voice........You have to file a bug report.

We are on PC and as for a bug report simply join any online multiplayer lobby right now and you will get desynced with atleast 2 others.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Badmayhem said:

Have ya tried clearing you cache?

Also nobody tested lobbies before their races........what?

How bout what platform your playing on?

In my best Barry voice........You have to file a bug report.

cant hear this anymore... bug report is a joke, ego bumper drops random, since the last game. They never fixed it completly. 

we need a hot fix and start praying that it will come fast 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Fsks100 said:

We are on PC and as for a bug report simply join any online multiplayer lobby right now and you will get desynced with atleast 2 others.

1 hour ago, AiRTicox3 said:

cant hear this anymore... bug report is a joke, ego bumper drops random, since the last game. They never fixed it completly. 

we need a hot fix and start praying that it will come fast 

You guys do what ya thinks best...

Good Luck friends.

Please roll back the patch and spend your time for the new game. Impossible to play online. No matter which league or community. Not just the desync-problems. Also other bugs. The Main Menu also stucks. When you try to select your driver (or something else) you get some bad lags. When you try to join an excisting and already started lobby (Qualifying) and select the driver you see the Spectator-Menu. Impossible to select a Setup or even tyres. But you can drive in the spectators view. Awesome!! Not.

• Agree 2

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • Desync issues are back like we had them some time ago.
    • Multiple cars are desynced to each other, resulting in cars driving through and slamming each other off the track since they can't see some of their competitors.
    • Desynced cars have the red cross next to their name.
    • We tried 3 unranked & 1 league-lobby with 2 hosts, each had multiple cars desynced. I also know of at least two other leagues which had to stop their league races yesterday, so everyone playing online is affected heavily by this issue.
  • Report Code
    • XMGV-RJKT-SXVC-RRMGimage.png.2f5caa2d2b0d3150edabb31b2b040f74.png
    • AJAC-DAHR-GPSG-RVMG image.png.a17de0fa4d588c803908abd5354d645b.png
    • No report-codes known for the other lobbys, the first report code is from the same lobby as the clip below. 
  • Platform?
    • PC
  • Game-mode?
    • Online Multiplayer; Unranked & League Lobbys
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    • No, multiple lobbys with different hosts. I was part of the lobby from the second report code.
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • We tried creating a new unranked lobby, since that didn't help we tried a league lobby which had the same massive desync issues.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Just create any type of online-lobby, fill it up with drivers and you should have the desync issue right away for multiple cars.
Edited by MisterJohnny420
Added second report-code
  • Agree 3

• Administrator

Thanks for the excellent report. Can you ensure the following:

• Port forwarding has been set up correctly
  • No VPN's are being used
  • FIrewall exceptions are completed
  • Have you had any new members to the league join up?
  • Disagree 10

***** thats not ja port forwarding VPn Whatever problem the problem is the programmer are not good programmer no Quality Testing team for the patches 

No Community Test Players 

iam angry iam done with codemasters a child can better programm this...

F1 need a new engine !  and Ded server! P2P in year 2022

Edited by Gagarott
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

• Port forwarding has been set up correctly
  • No VPN's are being used
  • FIrewall exceptions are completed
  • Have you had any new members to the league join up?

Hi Barry,

I can say for sure that no VPN's were used, also most drivers which experienced the issue are not new members but raced in our league for a pretty long time now. There was just a single new member with us yesterday, but he had no desync and also he wasn't the host. Our second lobby had not a single new member. 

None of them had issues before the patch, since 1.18 all lobbys are affected. The impacted drivers seem to be mostly random, since from race to race it was not the same drivers experiencing the desync.

I doubt that everyone setup port forwarding & firewall exceptions manually and also I can't check that for all members.

What I can assure you is that all of them were racing without any desyncs before the patch. Same for the other affected leagues I heard of.

Not sure if I can provide some valuable data regarding the Firewall & port forwarding, is this essential for further investigation? And if so, what could I provide to you in detail? I might be able to get some data from one of the "desynced" players, if this helps.

I'm confident you can replicate this though, since it was an issue that appeared in every test lobby.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

We had the same Problem like @MisterJohnny420

• A detailed description of the issue.
    • Desync issues are back like we had them some time ago.
    • Multiple cars are desynced to each other, resulting in cars driving through and slamming each other off the track since they can't see some of their competitors.
    • Desynced cars have the red cross next to their name.
    • We tried 4 league-lobby with 2 hosts, each had multiple cars desynced.
    • everyone playing online is affected heavily by this issue.
  • Report Code
    • will follow
  • Platform?
    • PC
  • Game-mode?
    • Online Multiplayer & League Lobbys
  • [ONLINE] The amount of players in your session? If you know the players forum username, please tag as many people who were in your session here.
    • 20 players + 2 spectators
  • [ONLINE] Were you the host?
    • No
  • What troubleshooting have you tried? Please list everything you tried.
    • We tried creating a new unranked lobby with different Hosts -> massive desync issues every time.
  • Any screenshots or video of the issue? Remember to add as unlisted if video via a third party. 
    • will follow
  • How do you make the problem happen? Please add a step-by-step guide here so we can replicate and get reported as quick as possible.
    • Just create any type of online-lobby, fill it up with drivers and you should have the desync issue right away for multiple cars.

@BarryBL:

• Port forwarding has been set up correctly  ->  yes
  • No VPN's are being used  -> yes, no VPN
  • FIrewall exceptions are completed  -> yes
  • Have you had any new members to the league join up?  -> no

So, we all change nothing, but the bug/problem is back. thats 100% the (bad) patch from monday 😞

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gagarott said:

***** thats not ja port forwarding VPn Whatever problem the problem is the programmer are not good programmer no Quality Testing team for the patches 

No Community Test Players 

iam angry iam done with codemasters a child can better programm this...

F1 need a new engine !  and Ded server! P2P in year 2022

Just unneeded, warning will be issued.

To those who have responded providing the information, @MisterJohnny420 and @EukaIyptus, thank you. Will take your feedback to the devs. 

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 2

• Administrator

Also, extra question, what day was your league races? Just we did have a small update on Monday for extra Content creator items, and will be a different build to 1.18 that you saw on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

Also, extra question, what day was your league races? Just we did have a small update on Monday for extra Content creator items, and will be a different build to 1.18 that you saw on Wednesday. 

It was the ~200MB patch yesterday, no issues before.

We raced yesterday evening.

Edited by MisterJohnny420
  • Agree 1

• BarryBL changed the title to [PC] Red 'X' and Desync Issues since 1.18 patch - READ RECOMMENDED POST
  • BarryBL pinned this topic
  • BarryBL featured this topic