DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×
F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DiRT Rally - Winter Wonderland and Version 1.0 update

Love Sweden! Those narrow fast roads is what i was hoping for Finland. :) New cars are also sick, you did a good job! 

The snowbanks in Sweden are awesome, bouncing off them or getting sucked into them. I spent a lot of time bouncing off them or getting sucked into them. Thoroughly tested.

Thanks for a great EA, and congrats on finishing the best rally game yet, Codemasters!

bogani said:
I'm confused: Is PP with V2 physics as of v1.0?
Yes.

And they're a big improvement. I'm still slightly disappointed not to be able to try PP in rally mode, but it's definitely a lot more fun in the three default cars now.
Where can I find info that the PP cars are V2? Is this confirmed?

Just drive 200 metres and you will feel it;) HUGE difference, for the better.. Crushed my time on Pikes Peak full mixed with 12 seconds on the 2nd try to make a 8:40 with the S1

Did they fix the front toe issue?
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/136482/#Comment_136482
I run with a little toe-in in the front, but since the update it feels like it's switched/corrected.

Was there, or will there be a Dirt show for this update/release?

I've been looking forward to it.

Salut,
 Merci pour le travail effectuer sur Dirt Rally. Que du bonheur de rouler sur ce jeu, impressionnant! fan je suis . :)

The Snow-bank effects are really well done, I like how you can lean on them slightly but, don't poke the nose too deep or you get in trouble.
Great stuff CM team! More Please! :)

sqdstr said:
Dirt show will be when Paul is back                   
Thanks, when is that supposed to be?

Rygar86 said:
sqdstr said:
Dirt show will be when Paul is back                   
Thanks, when is that supposed to be?
Probably by the time he returns. ;)

i find that the physics has been finetuned in some way.......  i don't feel the car anymore like a tincan,  also crashes are more natural, also roadside banks seems to be less evil than before. i found the driving is more fluid now........    it's that only me???? D D D

for me this is the best and most important update of entire early access           i love this update!!!  hats off codies!!!  3

I agree on the snowbanks, let's hope they manage to integrate them in Monte Carlo as well :)

sqdstr said:
I agree on the snowbanks, let's hope they manage to integrate them in Monte Carlo as well :)
They already did. Monte also happens to look a lot better as a result.

Wait, what?!

I could have sworn i saw Paul/Darren say that they didn't have the time after they looked at doing it.

oh really? I thought they had a lot of issues with that and iwouldn't make the update

Wait, what?!

I could have sworn i saw Paul/Darren say that they didn't have the time after they looked at doing it.
They were experimenting. However, if you cut a corner a little on the Monte now, you'll notice that the soft stuff will flick up. 

sqdstr said:
They already did. Monte also happens to look a lot better as a result.
Ah, you sure? Haven't seen another word on it since they talked about it being one of those cases where they almost wished they hadn't mentioned it, because it wasn't going to be implemented any time soon.

Wait, what?!

They were experimenting. However, if you cut a corner a little on the Monte now, you'll notice that the soft stuff will flick up. 
So, are they actually implemented, or just the effects?

Is it only me ? I can't play Sweden in either Custom- or regular Championship ...

Yes, just you :)  well, in champ mode you can't select 6 events, only 5, that's a known bug.

Custom rally you can, no problem.